Follow

The Sith

Team » The Sith appears in 609 issues.

The Sith are a group of Force-sensitives that specialized in the uses of the dark side of the Force. They originated as a species but other Dark Side users went on to take up their name. They would later become the most infamous dark side organization and the greatest evil to ever hit the Star Wars Galaxy.

The most powerful Sith Lord of them all!

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Jayso4201

Who was the most powerful Sith Lord of all time? I'm talking strength, lightsaber skill, and force ability. I have been researching this for awhile now and can't come up with a definitive answer. I would have to say after all my searching the one I come back to over and over would be Revan but I have no proof. So what do you think, do you have an answer for me?

No Caption Provided
    ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ShootingNova

This question has been answered by canon numerous times:

Darth Sidious, in all. Master of the seven lightsaber forms, is a master of them ambidextrously, moves at near-relativistic speeds, creates wormholes that rip through time-space continuum and destroy fleets/planets/moons, drains an entire planet with a population of 20 billion, mind-wiped an entire world's worth of people, and is immune to Nihilus' drain, has arguably the most powerful Force Lightning, has studied from numerous holocrons including Naga Sadow's, Bane's (which holds all of Revan's knowledge), Freedon Nadd's, even some Jedi ones, and much more. He is also a master of Essence Transfer and is the only one who involuntarily uses it.

He has been stated to be the most powerful Sith Lord ever numerous times:

Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.

--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

Darth Sidious proved to be the grim culmination of a thousand years of Sith philosophy and teachings.

--Taken from Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

When the Sith finally emerged from a thousand years of watching and waiting, they numbered—in accordance with the tradition set down by Darth Bane—only two. The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious, an ice-cold, diabolically calculating genius equipped with the strength of the dark side of the Force, as well as an enormous wealth of Sith artifacts, equipment, and knowledge.

--Taken from The Dark Side Sourcebook

And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness. A black hole of the Force.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

Plagueis made a soothing gesture and explained in great detail what had taken place. Concluding, he said, "He threatened, too, to place you out of reach."
    All the while Plagueis spoke, Palpatine was storming through circles on the narrow path, shaking his head in anger and balling his fists. "He can't do this!" he snarled. He hasn't the right! I won't allow it!"
    Palpatine's fury buffeted Plagueis. Blossoms growing along the sides of the pathway folded in on themselves, and their pollinators began to buzz in agitation. FourDee reacted, as well, wobbling on its feet, as if in the grip of a powerful electromagnet. Had this human truly been born of flesh-and-blood parents? Plagueis asked himself. When, in fact, he seemed sprung from nature itself. Was the Force so strong in him that it had concealed itself?

--Taken from Darth Plagueis

Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure.

--Taken from the Dark Empire Sourcebook

And many other times also.

Revan is nowhere near as powerful as Sidious, after reading the Revan novel (which gives him canonical feats) I don't see him being in the top 5, or even 10, for that matter, of either Jedi or Sith in terms of power.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

It was potentially Vader, but Sidious is the answer.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShootingNova

@PowerHerc: That's true. In terms of potential, Vader was to be the most powerful, but the duel on Mustafar destroyed such a possibility. Sidious remains the most powerful.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

Just to piss some of you off... Most powerful potentially is Galen Marek. Too bad he turned to the good side. If he contnued the Sith path he would have owned the universe. Nyahahahahaha!

Ok. Has to be Palps. Excluding him, I'm gonna go with Darth Caedus perhaps? Not logically. I'm just a fanboy. Nyahahahaha! Where does Exar Kun rank anyway?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

@ssejllenrad said:

Just to piss some of you off... Most powerful potentially is Galen Marek. Too bad he turned to the good side. If he contnued the Sith path he would have owned the universe. Nyahahahahaha!

Ok. Has to be Palps. Excluding him, I'm gonna go with Darth Caedus perhaps? Not logically. I'm just a fanboy. Nyahahahaha! Where does Exar Kun rank anyway?

LOL, massive fan of Marek, huh? Most powerful potential is stated as Vader to be serious though.

Darth Caedus is very powerful, he is second/third/fourth in the most powerful Sith list. Exar Kun is somewhere in the top ten, but lower than five, without his relics and trinkets and trash.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad

@ShootingNova: I'm not a fan of that stinking Starkiller. He's not relateable. He's too powerful! Beat the chosen one plus other feats... Pulling a star destroyer from orbit! Now that's badass! Nyahahahahahaha!

I can't find the Han Solo trollface... :(

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

@ssejllenrad: LOL

Beat the chosen one plus other feats... Pulling a star destroyer from orbit! Now that's badass!

Yep. Beating the Chose One who was crippled and disinterested and barely and almost overpowered instantly equals=most powerful Jedi/Sith ever :D

Guiding a Star Destroyer that was already falling to hit the Junk Cannon is more impressive than destroying Four Harrower-Class Dreadnaughts, for sure :D

I can't find the Han Solo trollface... :(

Sad.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ssejllenrad

@ShootingNova: Wait! Here it is!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShootingNova

@ssejllenrad: LMAO. But now we're derailing the thread.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ssejllenrad

@ShootingNova: Ok. let's get back on topic. Is Nihilus among the top 10? How about Freedon Nadd? Or Naga Sadow? Ludo Kressh? Oh! Oh! How bout the legendary Marka Ragnos? Ajunta Pall? Darth Bane? Hehehe! Sorry for the names bombardment. I just wanna know their power levels.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

@ssejllenrad said:

@ShootingNova: Ok. let's get back on topic. Is Nihilus among the top 10? How about Freedon Nadd? Or Naga Sadow? Ludo Kressh? Oh! Oh! How bout the legendary Marka Ragnos? Ajunta Pall? Darth Bane? Hehehe! Sorry for the names bombardment. I just wanna know their power levels.

Ludo Kressh has done nothing to put him on that kind of level. Freedon Nadd, yes, Naga Sadow, probably but in the lower tiers. Marka Ragnos has no feats except for getting owned by a padawan, Ajunta Pall has no feats, Darth Bane, yes, in terms of power, Nihilus yes.

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KraytRawk

@ShootingNova said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Ludo Kressh has done nothing to put him on that kind of level. Freedon Nadd, yes, Naga Sadow, probably but in the lower tiers. Marka Ragnos has no feats except for getting owned by a padawan, Ajunta Pall has no feats, Darth Bane, yes, in terms of power, Nihilus yes.

Darth Krayt? is he any where near the top?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@KraytRawk:In the middle-high tiers, I would say.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ssejllenrad

@ShootingNova: How bout Tenebrae?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShootingNova

@ssejllenrad: The Sith Emperor? Vitiate? His best feat was draining an entire world and becoming immortal, nice, but he required a days/weeks long ritual to do that as well as two hundred other Sith Lords. Combative feats didn't impress. He would be somewhere up the top ten though.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssejllenrad

@ShootingNova: Wow! Such SW knowledge! You could be Silver and JXM's sub! And make me your padawan! :D

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova

@ssejllenrad: LOL, thanks, but nowhere near close to them.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

@Jayso4201: I also want to see why you would think Revan to be the most powerful Sith Lord when he is nowhere near close to being that?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#20  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Palpatine.

IMO Vader is still the powerful Sith because he's the Chosen One and Galen Marek(Starkiller)even more powerful. Starkiller could have had the potential to be a Sith, but became a Jedi in the end. Same thing with Revan.

So in the end, Palpatine.

sumafatrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sumafatrider

darth vitiate

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@shootingnova: Can you make a case though on revan's high powered-ness, with his feat of being able to immerse himself in the dark and light side of the force? and emerged not retarded? LOL, just curious =D

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baberaham_lincoln: Not sure what you are asking. Revan never really immersed himself on either side of the Force.

DarthGalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I would like to point out that wasn't Marka Ragnos in his prime was not beaten by a padawan I expect his ghost not to be nearly his max potential while alive.

DarthGalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Can only speculate he could be the ancient sith version of grandmaster luke.

MaseyMase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MaseyMase

@jayso4201: The way I see it. Sidious is obviously the most cunning and clever out of all the Sith bunch. With his older Palpatine body (Episodes 1-6) his force powers and dark manipulation give him the leverage to give him rule over the entire galaxy, a feat never achieved by any other Sith Lord. However, his older Palpatine body would not be able to defeat classic Sith badasses like Vitiate, Bane, Nihilus, etc. When Sidious is reborn in the body of a clone, he easily becomes the most powerful Sith Lord ever. Sidious could create Force storms and rip through freaking reality.

outlawbiker211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By outlawbiker211

Believe it or not the most powerful force users were, with still unlimited potential for growth.

Jedi:Luke skywalker

Sith:Darth vader

These two were the ones to bring change on a galactic scale, without reaching full potential. Palpatine could not have done it without harnesing and controlling vaders power. Luke deafeted the emperor more than once. Plus luke turned his father away from the darkside as well as resisted Palpatines darkside control when he was palpatines "apprentice", with little to no formal training. Compared to all the mighty of all the force users who trained for most of thier lives. My opinion......

FeartheHorde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawbiker211: I think your forgetting about the old Republic sith and jedi who were much more powerful than the current ones. I agree that Vader was great at slaying jedi with his swordsman ship and force abilities, but I don't think you can really compare that to the man who started the very first Jedi Purge Darth Nihilus. He murdered countless Jedi and killed an entire planet with just the force with only one survivor. If these two fought Vader wouldn't stand much of a chacne since Nihilus feeds offor of the energy of foes and resists the force since he is a ghost of the force.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

naa darth sidious lucas even said so

D34DP00L81920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

End of discussion.

Avatar image for apocalypsereigns
    Apocalypsereigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how anyone can rank sidious above nihlus. Nihlus is literally the devourer of planets, he's star wars galactus. Sidious may have been able to resist his power drain technique but let's face it surviving a planet eater is nowhere near as impressive as being a planet eater

Parmagreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely darth Binks

nicholai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how bout kylo. lmao

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.