**SPOILERS**The Simpsons Movie... What do you think?

• 52 results
#1 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think that The Simpsons Movie was very good and I liked the story very much.

Pros: The animation was great.

The story was exellent.   Almost every character from the past Simpsons episodes were involved.

Cons: Lisa liking a boy that is as intellegent as her was already done and I found that bit quite boring.

The fact that it was a bit short and that they could have made it longer than just 1 hour and 30 minutes because The Simpsons fans (like myself) wanted more from the movie.        Overall: Better than Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer so I will give it a 8 out of 10.
#2 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have liked it to be longer but it was still realy good funny and I'm happy whith it.

I will give it a 9 of 10.

#3 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

It's released on July 27 in the US, you guys are lucky.
Post Edited:2007-07-26 15:44:19

#4 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

not in some places.

#5 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh shame... only one day apart because its out on the 26th.

#6 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

Goin' to see this today.

Staff
#7 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a good flick. It was like watching a long episode of the simpson's with 100 other people. There are a lot of laughs, but some of the best characters were left out. Hans Moleman, Skinner, GK Willie all had no lines. I'd give it a B+

#8 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe that Homer actually stuck his finger up at Springfield, I think the creators got away with that because Homer only has four fingers. When Bart skated naked in town, I still couldn't figure out what was that yellow thing in the bush while Bart was skating thorugh it, I don't think that it was his private part because I don't think they couldn't have got away with that. If you know what that yellow thing was, please tell me.

#9 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

It was not great but bits made me laugh out loud and It was okay all round a nice 8 and a half.

#10 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Pan 2099 says:

"I can't believe that Homer actually stuck his finger up at Springfield, I think the creators got away with that because Homer only has four fingers. When Bart skated naked in town, I still couldn't figure out what was that yellow thing in the bush while Bart was skating thorugh it, I don't think that it was his private part because I don't think they couldn't have got away with that. If you know what that yellow thing was, please tell me."

What do you mean get away with it? It's a movie. PG13 in America, they can get away with a lot. I think you can say fuck or shit like 4 times each before it goes to R. I don't know why people get uptight about cartoon nudity, Like when Family Guy got put back on the air they blurred Peter's ass.

#11 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Pan 2099 says:

"I can't believe that Homer actually stuck his finger up at Springfield, I think the creators got away with that because Homer only has four fingers. When Bart skated naked in town, I still couldn't figure out what was that yellow thing in the bush while Bart was skating thorugh it, I don't think that it was his private part because I don't think they couldn't have got away with that. If you know what that yellow thing was, please tell me."

I reported this on May 1st: http://www.comicvine.com/bart-simpson/3401/news/&newsId=76

It was Bart in all his glory. Also the middle finger was passable because it was PG-13.

I loved it. I saw it in a DLP digital projector theatre. It was beautiful. I really like that shade of yellow now. And I'm sure everyone caught Maggie's "first word" (we all know she already said her first word, but no one heard it) during the credits.

Did anyone see Kang? He was in the credits.

Staff
#12 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw it today. I only laughed out loud a few times, so I was a little disappointed. Homer flipping everyone off was my favorite scene.

#13 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

it was halarious

#14 Posted by Li'l T-bo (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Great -- very well done. Mainly because they got all the old writers (excluding Conan, but including John Vitti) to write it, and got David Silverman to direct. If the current TV writing staff were left to make it, it would have been piss poor.

LOVED the return of the real Homer - a neglectful, selfish Dad who has to be pushed to realize he's being a total ass. Unlike the "new school" Homer - a half-retarded goofball.

Plus Gabbo made a cameo. Great flick.

#15 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping Linguo would be back. Someday...

From some of the submissions I read, it seems he would come in handy for a lot of people.

Staff
#16 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Spider-Pig part. That would probably have to be the funniest for me.

#17 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I was hoping Linguo would be back. Someday...http://www.youtube.com/v/4dIOaQe__bY width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">From some of the submissions I read, it seems he would come in handy for a lot of people."

I really liked that episode that this is from. The idea of Lisa, Homer and Bart's life all fit in to one episode was very well done by the writers. I loved it when everything fit in at the end of the episode.

#18 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't get this song out of my head.

Staff
#19 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Can't get this song out of my head.http://www.youtube.com/v/pk2HMa8LY5k width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">"

Spider-Pig is the best in the movie!!!

#20 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw that part on one of the previews. luv that song

#21 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I saw that part on one of the previews. *luv that song*"

i luv it to i didn't see the movie yet but thinking of seeing it with my brother next week when he comes to visit

#22 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. I don't care if people say they're past their prime. It still makes me laugh from time to time. I'm all for them making another one. Screw the critics. I read one review that said the Alaska part seemed like it was left over from an old episode. Whatever. Even my girlfriend enjoyed it. She almost spit out her soda when Bart was riding the skateboard.

#23 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it and most of the movie was great. I did feel the Alaska bit wasn't as good as the rest of it, but it was still ok.

#24 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually cried a bit when Marge and the family left Homer and when MArge taped her message over their wedding video.

#25 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but to tell you my opinion, this movie was a total let-down.... I mean, all the great writing and animation, and it just didn't seem to stand up to the regular Simpsons level. Seems like they played all the funny parts during the trailors on television, so there wasn't much to laugh at in the theatre. I mean sure, it did have it's really funny parts, but it just didn't seem "Simpon-y" enough. I love the Simpsons, don't get me wrong, but it just seems like they spoiled the movie in all the trailors, so there wasn't much to laugh at in the movie.

#26 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

there was a little kid next to me who wouldn't shut up. but i still enjoyed it.

#27 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"I'm sorry, but to tell you my opinion, this movie was a total let-down.... I mean, all the great writing and animation, and it just didn't seem to stand up to the regular Simpsons level. Seems like they played all the funny parts during the trailors on television, so there wasn't much to laugh at in the theatre. I mean sure, it did have it's really funny parts, but it just didn't seem "Simpon-y" enough. I love the Simpsons, don't get me wrong, but it just seems like they spoiled the movie in all the trailors, so there wasn't much to laugh at in the movie. "

Staff
#28 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"there was a little kid next to me who wouldn't shut up. but i still enjoyed it."

ha that sucks

#29 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"I'm sorry, but to tell you my opinion, this movie was a total let-down.... I mean, all the great writing and animation, and it just didn't seem to stand up to the regular Simpsons level. Seems like they played all the funny parts during the trailors on television, so there wasn't much to laugh at in the theatre. I mean sure, it did have it's really funny parts, but it just didn't seem "Simpon-y" enough. I love the Simpsons, don't get me wrong, but it just seems like they spoiled the movie in all the trailors, so there wasn't much to laugh at in the movie. "

" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/4000/3399/36546-homer-simpson_400.jpg"

Hmm, did he ever say that in the movie?

#30 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

yea he said that bout five or six times.

#31 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

I would say I agree with you most. If the movie had been like an episode from one of the earlier seasons, I would have been happy.

#32 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

-000 says:

"Octagon Freak says:

I would say I agree with you most. If the movie had been like an episode from one of the earlier seasons, I would have been happy."

Yeah, and on the Alaska bit, I think they coulda jazzed it up a little. It was kinda boring.

#33 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"-000 says:
"Octagon Freak says:

I would say I agree with you most. If the movie had been like an episode from one of the earlier seasons, I would have been happy."

Yeah, and on the Alaska bit, I think they coulda jazzed it up a little. It was kinda boring."

What? You wanted Lisa to start playing her saxamaphone?

Staff
#34 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"-000 says:
"Octagon Freak says:

Yeah, and on the Alaska bit, I think they coulda jazzed it up a little. It was kinda boring."

What? You wanted Lisa to start playing her saxamaphone?"

lol, I remember that episode. They squished her saxamophone. I liked the 'pie pants' thing better though. Bart said something about science while they were building a model rocket, and claimed he said 'pie pants'.

Clap for Alaska!

#35 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually wrote "saxamaphone" on a word question on my Pre-calculus final. It's funny 'cause there'll be a couple kids that will raise their hand during the test and ask if it's a typo. Even if it was, it wouldn't change the problem.

Staff
#36 Posted by Pie-Man (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I only didn't like the movie because I wasn't in it!!! And where was Mr. Plow?

#37 Posted by Pie-Man (55 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I actually wrote "saxamaphone" on a word question on my Pre-calculus final. It's funny 'cause there'll be a couple kids that will raise their hand during the test and ask if it's a typo. Even if it was, it wouldn't change the problem."

Haha, that's funny.

#38 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd think after a year of having me (and with my Simpsons calendar and poster in the classroom) they'd get the idea.

Staff
#39 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic G-Man stuff. Hey, you should put on a bonus question on a test that's Simpsons trivia. Wonder if any one'll get it.

#40 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

I have before. I used to do random trivia questions on Simpsons, or Star Wars, or music. Basically your pop culture questions. Unfortunately it's sorta been shot down for the coming year. Our department voted to keep any bonus questions strictly related to the standards of the unit being tested. Boring...

Staff
#41 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"You'd think after a year of having me (and with my Simpsons calendar and poster in the classroom) they'd get the idea."

I'd love to be in your class G-Man. Where and what do you teach? (More than just pre-calculus?)

#42 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#43 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I have before. I used to do random trivia questions on Simpsons, or Star Wars, or music. Basically your pop culture questions. Unfortunately it's sorta been shot down for the coming year. Our department voted to keep any bonus questions strictly related to the standards of the unit being tested. Boring..."

Psh... Mutiny!!!!

#44 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"G-Man says:
"I have before. I used to do random trivia questions on Simpsons, or Star Wars, or music. Basically your pop culture questions. Unfortunately it's sorta been shot down for the coming year. Our department voted to keep any bonus questions strictly related to the standards of the unit being tested. Boring..."

Psh... Mutiny!!!! "

Yeah, I'm gonna have a bunch of kids in my AP Statistics class that will be expecting them this coming year. Oh well. I usually made them pretty hard that only one or two would actually get them. They did like reading them and then talking about them afterwords.

Anyways how about another clip?

Staff
#45 Posted by Pie-Man (55 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"G-Man says:

Psh... Mutiny!!!! "

Yeah, I'm gonna have a bunch of kids in my AP Statistics class that will be expecting them this coming year. Oh well. I usually made them pretty hard that only one or two would actually get them. They did like reading them and then talking about them afterwords.

lol, I loved that part! I can't believe that they fell for his corny noises though.

"

#46 Posted by G-Man (18875 posts) - - Show Bio

Pie Man says:

"G-Man says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"G-Man says:

Psh... Mutiny!!!! "

"

lol, I loved that part! I can't believe that they fell for his corny noises though.

"

Hey, get your quote out of mine.

Staff
#47 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Witchblade Freefall says:

"that was hillarious! i've never seen that one."

me neither

#48 Posted by Witchblade Freefall (15 posts) - - Show Bio

that was hillarious! i've never seen that one.

#49 Posted by Pie-Man (55 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Pie Man says:
"G-Man says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"G-Man says:

Psh... Mutiny!!!! "

"

"

Hey, get your quote out of mine."

Huh, that's strange, lol. Well, guess for a second there, I was G-Man. Woo!

#50 Posted by Witchblade Freefall (15 posts) - - Show Bio

never mind

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.