New Simpsons Opening

Posted by G-Man (30697 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally after all these years, the Simpsons finally updated their opening sequence.  Last night also marked the first episode in HD.

Is it wrong to change the opening we've seen for so many years?  Do you like the new version? 
Staff
#1 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Maggie and the monobrow baby that cracked me up! but we are missing the NRA4EVA on the til :-(

otherwise its pretty good! a lot more fun and detail.

I still cant belive i was 10 when this show first started.. i am so freaking old...

#2 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, as a longtime Simpsons fan, I can say that I'm fine with the change. It was cool to see all of the little details and updated pieces, and it's basically the same thing anyways.

But....I am going to miss Homer running into the living room, barely missing the car :(

#3 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they could've at least left the head off of the statue during the couch gag, but otherwise I was unbothered . Am I the only person that thinks HD can make certain things look a lot worse?

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

was this a permanent change or just a one-time special, because I think its good for a special opening but I honestly prefer the classic one

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good but nostalgia is kicking me in the nuts

#6 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that they kept it mostly the same, but just changed up a few things.  Good ol' Simpsons.

#7 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they keep the changing ccouch thing I'm cool with it.

#8 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Booooooooooooo change is bad! They changed the price of Maggie......!

#9 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"Booooooooooooo change is bad! They changed the price of Maggie......!"
What did they change it from/to?
#10 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

......that's for you to find out.....! Simpsons Trivia!

#11 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

NRA4EVR, I believe.

#12 Posted by inferiorego (21262 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Tracey Alman

Staff
#13 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
already mentioned that
#14 Posted by The Wondering Spider (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

:(

#15 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Hawk said:
already mentioned that
"

I can't read all of your ramblings......
#16 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, but it seemed too long. That couch gag was way too long.

#17 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

The couch gag was just for that episode, I think. Since Simpson's have different openings each episode (or, each every couple of episodes since lots share). Sometimes (like when it's a special event), they have extra long openings (IE: The couch gag).

#18 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Acheron said:
"NRA4EVR, I believe."
That's actually incorrect. It was a joke on a clip show that some took as true, but it isn't, I've looked. I thought it was $140ish, but don't remember exactly.
#19 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Acheron said:
"NRA4EVR, I believe."
That's actually incorrect. It was a joke on a clip show that some took as true, but it isn't, I've looked. I thought it was $140ish, but don't remember exactly.
"
Are you sure? Cause I looked it up on a youtube vid (which was in German, but I'm fairly sure the cash register stays the same), and it looked a lot like NRA4EVR.

I'll check on DVDs soon.
#20 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY CRAP, nevermind, you're right! It's $840 or something close to that. I guess that's the writers way of saying that's how much it takes to raise a baby, LOL!

I never would've realized that if you hadn't said it.

#21 Posted by Jab (33 posts) - - Show Bio

its def not nra4eva, that was a gag.

that was a fun opening, i like how it looked just like the old one just with extra stuff going on in it. good times.

#22 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Acheron said:
"Slinger said:
"Acheron said:
"NRA4EVR, I believe."
"
Are you sure? Cause I looked it up on a youtube vid (which was in German, but I'm fairly sure the cash register stays the same), and it looked a lot like NRA4EVR.

I'll check on DVDs soon."
According to WikiAnswers it says $847.63, although it said NRA4EVR during the 138th episode spectacular. Apparently (according to someone on Yahoo Answers) the price is the result of a survey found by the show's creator that said this was the average cost per month of caring for a newborn child. I wonder where they got the new price ($486.52.) Any ideas?
#23 Posted by Savage_batman (344 posts) - - Show Bio

i Like it i dont care if they change it as long as they keep the couch gag

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.