Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore and Art Spiegelman To Appear on 'The Simpsons'

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you love Neil Gaiman? What about The Simpsons? If you said yes to both then you may want to tune into FOX this Sunday for an all new episode of the popular cartoon series to catch a glimpse of best-selling author and writer of DC's SANDMAN series Neil Gaiman, as a cartoon!

The writer will appear on the television series which will feature a variety of many other popular comic book writers and creators including Alan Moore (WATCHMEN, V FOR VENDETTA) and Art Spiegelman (MAUS: A SURVIVOR'S TALE). It will be interesting to see how much of Neil's work will actually influence the Simpsons episode. DC posted a few exclusive screen captures that they received courtesy of FOX featuring Neil as a cartoon. One image depicts him (appropriately) in a book store; probably for a book signing. How will the show's creators integrate Neil into the story? How will they depict comic greats like Alan Moore and Art Spiegelman, and how much of their works will influence the story? It will definitely be interesting to see. The episode will air on November 20th at 8PM. If you're a Simpsons fan and love comics, this is one episode you will not want to miss.

Source: DC

#1 Posted by Croi (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Alan Moore in The Simpsons before?

#2 Posted by fables87 (838 posts) - - Show Bio

@Croi: Yes, Alan Moore was on the show before.

#3 Posted by fables87 (838 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually very excited to see Neil Gaiman on The Simpson's.

#4 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

alan moore is batshit crazy. I wonder how is alan moore is gonna get portrayed in the show

#5 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE it. Alan Moore barely makes any public appearances and the two he chooses are on the Simpsons. Can't wait for this episode.

#6 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Croi said:

same with Art
#7 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Croi said:

same with Art

Both deserve it. All three for that matter. Specially Art.

#8 Posted by AngeTheDude (157 posts) - - Show Bio

This already happened.

#9 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Silkcuts said:

@Croi said:

same with Art

Your right Art doesn't get enough love, but you can't truly have Gaiman without Moore.  That is like Having Luke without Yoda.
#10 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Moore's beard better take up, like, 1/5th of the entire screen at all times. Any less would be an injustice.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@ReVamp said:

@Silkcuts said:

@Croi said:

same with Art

Your right Art doesn't get enough love, but you can't truly have Gaiman without Moore. That is like Having Luke without Yoda.

Not to be an asshole, which I may or may not be, but you get plenty of Luke without Yoda. ;P

#12 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: ...lol
But Moore is still the man!
I don't care what anyone says, until someone who read miracleman says Moore is overrated, then I can take them seriously.  Gaiman had nothing on Moore when it came to Miracleman and that is the only time when they both had lengthily runs on the same book.
#13 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@ReVamp: ...lol But Moore is still the man! I don't care what anyone says, until someone who read miracleman says Moore is overrated, then I can take them seriously. Gaiman had nothing on Moore when it came to Miracleman and that is the only time when they both had lengthily runs on the same book.

Miracle man? I read that. Its okay. Moore is overrated.

#14 Posted by salmy (32 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts: BTW all, I'm trololing.

#16 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

mmm...comic book-tie in....

#17 Posted by The Impersonator (4311 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this show going to end soon?

#18 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Moore in a public appearance, he needs to come that epic beard, and Neil, your awesome!

#19 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

The 3rd guy from othe first time 3 comic writters appeared must of been busy this time, luckily ofr me they claled one of my fav authors to replace him. Go Gaiman !

#20 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19713 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
@Croi said:

same with Art
"Maus is in the house!" 
#21 Posted by sazerac (2 posts) - - Show Bio

goodness, i may actually watch an episode of The Simpsons!

#22 Posted by The Poet (8199 posts) - - Show Bio

cool!

#23 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see some comic writers in the Simpson's universe.

#24 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to know that Alan will return to the show as well as Art. I'm quite excited to see Gaiman's depiction in the show though. I definitely will NOT miss this episode.

#25 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Simpsons! I'm so glad it isn't over just yet...

#26 Posted by Darkmount1 (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan Clowes was in the show before as well. This is what the episode is about (according to FOX's website): “The Book Job”: “Lisa becomes disheartened when she learns the shocking truth behind the ‘tween lit’ industry and her beloved fantasy novel characters. But Homer decides to cash in on the craze and forms a team to group-write the next ‘tween lit’ hit, with the king of fantasy, Neil Gaiman (guest-voicing as himself), lending his expertise to the effort. After catching the eye of a slick industry publisher (guest-voice Andy Garcia) at the Springfield Book Fair, the team gets an advanced copy of their work and discovers that the corporate lit business is a bigger operation than they imagined.”

#27 Posted by Simpsonology (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, the announced guest stars for this Sunday's episode, "The Book Job," are Neil Gaiman and Andy Garcia. As several people have pointed out, Art Spiegelman and Alan Moore appeared in a 2007 episode entitled "Husbands and Knives."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2090363/

#28 Posted by yo_yo_fun (625 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

NEIL GAIMAN!!

#29 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW IS THAT GIVING PROPS OR WHAT?!?!?!?!? I hope they have Homer make fun of Moore. Where's Frank Miller tho, that's depressing??

#30 Posted by horshbox (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow didn't think Moore would go for that from what I've heard and read he doesn't seem to pushed with being in the spot light.

#31 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah! I'll be tuned in for sure!

#32 Posted by Simpsonology (2 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys should really fix this. It's just Gaiman, people.

#33 Posted by Billy Batson (56951 posts) - - Show Bio

cool
BB

#34 Posted by thetasigma2 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

You just know Comic Book Guy is gonna have something to do with this episode.

#35 Posted by jgiak92 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Won't miss it ;)

#36 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Neat :P

#37 Posted by BITTERSWEETCATEXE (9 posts) - - Show Bio

They still make new episodes of The Simpson?

* opens umbrella to try and block incoming vegetables *

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.