The Savage Hawkman will still be pretty!

#1 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a little disappointed after the announcement that a new creative team was to be introduced to The Savage Hawkman. This was mostly due to losing Philip Tan's art on the book, which has been both creative and beautiful. Today, sketches were released from the first issue under the new team (#9,) and it didn't disappoint! 

What do you guys think?
#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike it

#3 Posted by Legacy_ (10568 posts) - - Show Bio

However, Rob Liefield scares me...thankfully he has a cowriter so I may just check it out

#4 Posted by Izaiah (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks surprisingly good..you sure this is Liefeld's art?

#5 Posted by Legacy_ (10568 posts) - - Show Bio
@Izaiah: Liefield is writing
#6 Posted by Izaiah (5198 posts) - - Show Bio
@Closure said:
Oh, I thought he was doing the art.  I seem to recall seeing a Liefeld-drawn Hawkman cover lately.
#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Closure said:

Plotting, technically. He's not scripting.

@Izaiah: His art is improving, though

#8 Posted by Izaiah (5198 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Eh..I don't really care for his art style anyway, even if his grasp of anatomy is improving.  It's just annoying to me.
#9 Edited by Kal'smahboi (3517 posts) - - Show Bio
@Izaiah said:

@Closure said:

Oh, I thought he was doing the art.  I seem to recall seeing a Liefeld-drawn Hawkman cover lately.
Yeah, the cover is Liefeld. The interiors are led by Joe Bennett.

@The Dark Huntress said:

I know, right?
#10 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33409 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I would love to see a Hawkman/Aquaman team up book.

#12 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a beautiful sketch and perfectly suited to Hawkman. I love his helm! Wish I could see a little more nth metal in the wings but it's very pretty and very masculine at the same time. Great stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.