garrison12795's The Savage Hawkman #1 - Hawkman Rising review

• garrison12795 wrote this review on .

The Savage Hawkman Soars

This issue really suprised me. I remain embittered by Tony S Daniel's run on Batman, so I sort of expected this to be a dud. That, coupled with Hawkman's confusing history and my growing disinterest regarding the character. But, against myself, I decided to give it a shot.

Right off the bat, I'd like to say that Philip Tan's art is amazing. It's very easy to follow and fits Daniel's writing perfectly. The scene of Carter Hall trying to destroy his armor was great, and especially near the end with Hawkman's new armor. It looked flawless.

Also, Tony Daniel suprised me with how well the issue flows, and how strong of a beginning point this is. He actually managed to make me care about Hawkman, who I before wouldn't imagine being a fan of. The villain also interests me. He seems like a combination of Venom and Parasite, and I'm anxious to here more about him regarding how he came to Earth and his agenda. Definately picking up #2.