hrdwrkngxsoldier's The Savage Axe of Ares (B&W) #1 - Red Mercury; The Gods Answer All Prayers; Bonebomb Babylon; Wojna review

A different flavor of the God of War

The Savage Axe of Ares

The cover pretty much reviews this book by itself. “Skull-splitting metal mayhem featuring Marvel’s God of War.”

That is exactly what this book is. Inside the reader finds 3 short stories and what seems like a fan-fic type tribute depicting the role that Ares had played in major battles throughout history. The art is very pulpy and it gives it the personality of an indy book.

We may have watched him be ripped in half recently in SIEGE, but this Heavy Metal style tribute to Ares should be a must read for Ares fans. It gives readers insight into Ares’ motivations and even a little bit of what he would probably call fairness.

This was excellent and I hope it does well on the racks because I would not mind seeing more Marvel titles like this one.

4 out of 5 Golden Fleece (You will have to read to know what that means…but you won’t regret it one bit.)
Posted by Jake Fury

This looks awesome. Apparently my LCS was out of stock Wednesday. I hope I cans wing by another shop and pick this up. Ares was fast becoming one of my favorite characters until that worthless Sentry killed him off.

Posted by hrdwrkngXsoldier

It is all in black and white and if you like indy comics, Heavy Metal, or Conan type stuff you will enjoy this anthology style book.
Posted by moviegeek17

good review man. i might have to check it out

Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney

Class review

Other reviews for The Savage Axe of Ares (B&W) #1 - Red Mercury; The Gods Answer All Prayers; Bonebomb Babylon; Wojna

Gruesome,Bloody & Epic 0

Opening Statment  Seriously, it's all their in the title. Everything this issue is about. Four stories set in different time periods before (or maybe even during) the time of Ares being a hero. In them Ares wields a giant ax and does what he does best. If this comic were in color it would have to be rated mature. Hence the "savage" part.  The Four Stories Red Mercury-Ares acts as a protector for two defecting Soviets only for his true purpose to be revealed at the end. The Gods A...