Follow

The Rocketeer

Character » The Rocketeer appears in 123 issues.

A stunt pilot who discovered a mysterious jet pack that allowed him to fly.

The Rocketeer Will Fly Again In 2011.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Final Arrow

The Rocketeer
     The Rocketeer
    When I was just a small kid running round in the playground I remember being a bit strange, while everyone else wanted to be Flash Gordon or Superman I always wanted to be Cliff Secord a stunt pilot who stumbles across a jet pack and his life takes a turn for the strange. I just loved the idea and I have always loved the steampunk feel of this comic, the idea of the jet pack the uniform everything is just right for me it was published when I was born in 1982 and later was turned into a movie (this is where I became a massive fan and started getting the comics). Dave Stevens the creator and writer for Rocketeer passed away in 2008, Dave suffered from Leukemia and kept writing to the end, So in respect to Dave IDW  is publishing a four part mini series about the Rocketeer.

Rocketeer, by Alex Ross
    Rocketeer, by Alex Ross
    This is exciting news for all Rocketeer fans the series has no date set yet but has been keyed for a 2011 release. The series will not only have covers supplied by Alex Ross for each issue but will also have a hell of a group of writers Allred, Kurt Busiek, John Cassaday, Darwyn Cooke, Michael Golden to name but a few, also a  percentage of all comics sold will go to  Hairy Cell Leukemia research by the estate of Dave Stevens so it really is in respect of Dave's memory. So don’t worry Rocketeer fans I will keep you updated as soon as I find anything out, lets just be happy that the Rocketeer will fly again: D. also if your new to the character it may be worth checking out the collected works that IDW published in 2009 with some great sketches done by Dave Stevens himself it is a great little edition to anyone’s collection. 

Final Arrow, Mod and just general awesome guy…true story.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By turoksonofstone

Whoa, awesome writers and cause. Cannot wait to see the Ross covers.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@Final Arrow: Oh that is awesome, I can not wait for this :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.