Follow

The Rocketeer

Character » The Rocketeer appears in 123 issues.

A stunt pilot who discovered a mysterious jet pack that allowed him to fly.

So if Disney owns Marvel now..

Lion_Heart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lion_Heart22

So I was watching this great movie (I love how unapologetic it is about being a superhero movie back when they weren't very common) and I was thinking about this character.. the what ifs and what nots, even imagining him fighting alongside Cap and other World War II era heroes and then it hit me: Since the Rocketeer movie was Disney owned, and Disney owns Marvel too now, isn't it possible that the Rocketeer be introduced to Marvel continuity?    
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By brc2000

God, I hope not. The Rocketeer is one of my favorite childhood films. The Marvel Universe is overcrowded as it is. He'd probably be relegated to a background character.

Does Disney even own the Rocketeer? It was based on an existing comic after all.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By iLLituracy

I'm pretty sure Dave Stevens owns the rights to the Rocketeer and not Disney. So no and I don't think Disney's properties are going to be popping up in Marvel, especially since they have most of their properties being published by BOOM! comics.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

awwwwwwwwww I loved that film

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Considering IDW published a collection of classic Rocketeer comics in 09 I don't see it happening. Just because a company makes a movie out of the character doesn't mean that company owns the characters for anything else. Fox can't all of a sudden make XMen comics, but they can make more shitty XMen movies.

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Raven0207

Dave's estate still owns the rights to The Rocketeer. IDW has bought the publishing right to produce the collected editions (Which Dave planned before his passing) and for the new Mini Series which was given a huge push by Alex Ross. Rocketeer isn't completely gone from Disney but don't look for him to show up at Marvel. In Disneyland, in the Tommorrowland area (if its still there) there is a pop corn machine that has a Rocketeer marionette turning the pop corn maker. It was there when I was there for my honeymoon but could have been removed since then. If they have I would give my arm and leg to get it.

monopolyloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By monopolyloser
    @Raven0207: I think it's still in that popcorn machine.  I saw it when on one of my outings there last year.  
    Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raven0207

I'm going to have to ask Sora. I really hope it stays there. Its one of the few reminders in the Parks for the Rocketeer

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Raven0207

Found this picture of it just incase anyone wants to see it.
    Avatar image for thesilverbeatle
    thesilverbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thesilverbeatle

@Raven0207:

great picture

@Lion_Heart22:

I would love to see him fight along with cap (i'm watching the movie as i type this)

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    Considering IDW published a collection of classic Rocketeer comics in 09 I don't see it happening. Just because a company makes a movie out of the character doesn't mean that company owns the characters for anything else. Fox can't all of a sudden make XMen comics, but they can make more shitty XMen movies.
    LMAO.
    Avatar image for hollowprince665
    HollowPrince665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HollowPrince665

@Lion_Heart22: Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your feelings) IDW owns the rights. All of the comics are owned and distributed by them. I'd love to see him fight with Cap or have some interaction but that'd take Marvel, IDW, and Disney to coordinate. I'm wondering how this reboot will work out though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.