Follow

The Rocketeer

Character » The Rocketeer appears in 123 issues.

A stunt pilot who discovered a mysterious jet pack that allowed him to fly.

IDW will be giving him a full series.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By CrimsonAvenger
    No Caption Provided

After a successful mini-series in 2011, IDW has decided to bring back The Rocketeer this summer and give him his own full series (or mini-series; depending on what website you go to they say it's either or) for the first time in nearly twenty series. The series is to be written by the great Mark Waid and illustrated by Chris Samnee. Waid is a huge fan of Dave Steven's creation saying:

"All I can tell you is that as someone who bought all the original Rocketeer comics as they came out and read them until they fell apart, every page of Dave's work is burned into my brain and we intend to come at Rocketeer with the same sense of respect and honor that Dave himself showed to his forebears."

The Rocketeer is one of those sadly underloved characters and hopefully if this all goes well, the series will last for a while. Mark Waid is a great writer so I'm definitely looking forward to this. Source: Newsarama.com

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By IrishX

The more Rocketeer the better. Waid is a good choice also. 

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

love it!!!

RUSTMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RUSTMAN

that's awesome news! can't wait!

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Raven0207

Old Finn Head needs a ongoing series !

Avatar image for hollowprince665
    HollowPrince665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HollowPrince665

I actually Emailed IDW to see if they'd release more Rocketeers more often because each series has been years apart. They said they want to make it more frequently. Here is their response.

We're planning the next two series right now, so you might just get your wish, or maybe with a month off between series. We want each one to feel special and be special, but we also want to keep them coming.

I had to buy the 8 chapters that Dave released and am following Cargo of Doom. I also plan on buying Adventures I and II.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.