Follow

The Rocketeer

Character » The Rocketeer appears in 123 issues.

A stunt pilot who discovered a mysterious jet pack that allowed him to fly.

20 Years since 'The Rocketeer'

RedHood_DCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RedHood_DCU

Movie was released and i'v been a fan since i was born! Disney is having a special screening in LA, fifty bucks a ticket and special merch for sale too, along with props from the movies and the cast and crew!
    I REALLY wish i could go but i dont see it happening :( 
    Have collected and read all the comics because of that movie, Disney has been on my shitlist for year for how they treated that movie :( but at least we have the one good one, the gem! :) 
    Here is some very good info on the very cool event. http://veryaware.com/2011/05/exclusive-first-look-at-the-rocketeer-20th-anniversary-limited-edition-poster/
     I suggest all fans in the area to check it out! 

**Note this is my first blog EVER, hope im doing this right!

Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
    Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I remember this film. Didn't know they made a comic of it, or was it the other way round? Also, what do you mean by the way Disney treated it? 

Either way. I wouldn't pay $50 to see it again, but I would definitely watch it on tv. Just to see if it was a genuinely good film, or just an enjoyable kids movie.

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Raven0207

The comics came before the movie. Rocketeer was first released in 1982 as a backup storyand grew from there. Disney bought the rights to make the movie but it was a boxoffice flop for them but since then has gained a cult following. I personally loved the movie and wished the original idea of sequals did happen but that was long before comic movies were as popular as they are today. I live in NC and I'm considering going to this event. It's like my wife said "it's a once in a lifetime chance"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.