_turbo_'s The Red Wing #1 - Learning to Fly review

Themes.

Hickman seems to be working the same ideas in different books. He goes into what's beyond the surface of conflict and finds a deeper meaning. The discussion about their training being less focused on maneuvers and tactics, and being more in tune with ideology, makes this appear the same as S.H.I.E.L.D. (which I love, btw).

This books show a lot of promise, but I do wish it was either an ongoing, because Hickman can take his time telling a story.

3.5/5

Other reviews for The Red Wing #1 - Learning to Fly

Pushing through The Paradox 0

In the 23rd century a war waged through time will determine the fate of humanity   The Good I'm all about sci-fi stories and feel that it's a genre that underrepresented in the medium, even at the creator owned/indy level. That being said, The Red Wing is a breath of fresh air and a welcome addition to my long box.   The premise of fighting a war throughout time really allows for Nick Pitarra to do some very interesting things visually. The first couple of pages in the comic really establishes t...