pspin's The Ravagers #9 - Fathers review

Ravagers #9 Review

Ravagers #9 Review

Overview:

Fairchild and Rose have to team up to save the town and themselves.

The Good:

The story is a continuation of the last issue and features some major character growth for Warblade, and some for Rose and Fairchild as well. The character growth with Warblade is good, if unexpected, demonstrating that he is smart along with violent and insensitive is a nice touch that makes him more than the one dimensional killer he was. The event that drove Fairchild and Rose apart is talked about but not explicitly stated but it was nice to see them talk about it none the less as it was mentioned in the early issues of Superboy. The rest of the team falls into the background as the focus is not on them..

Michael Alan Nelson does a good job with the writing. It is consistent, effective and moves the story along at a good pace.

Ig Guara does a great job with the art again.

The Bad:

What drove Rose and Fairchild apart isn’t explicitly stated. Whatever it was has been hinted at since the start of the New 52 and I want to know what it is… oh well.

In all seriousness though, there was nothing majorly wrong with the issue.

Verdict:

After getting the disappointing news that the series was cancelled, I was sad but this issue cheered me up. It wasn’t anything special but it was a fun and to the point issue that had character growth and action and even some sacrifice. Solid writing and great art helped it along. I can only hope that the major plot lines will be ended with the series.

4 out of 5