He is the Prince of Persia and the King of Blades.
The Prince is actually a title given to three different protagonists throughout the series (of games). Each is seemingly unrelated to the last and even situated in a different universe completely. Though they all have acrobatic and swordsmanship prowess, the only characteristic they seem to share is their nickname.
As in fact there are three different versions of the prince of Pesia, however the prince from The Sands of Time series seems to be the main one. Throughout the entire franchise the prince has never had a name, but one thing for sure, he was the son of Sharaman, King of Persia, as referring to the main series. He was eventually born in Babylon, as this was the capital of the persian empire, while his fathers reign. Although it is not known a lot about the princes childhood, however he mentionend in The Two Thrones that as a child he was playing on the streets of Babylon, which at least reveals where he spent his childhood.
Prince of Persia is a video game franchise created by Jordan Mechner, originally developed for the Apple II computer in 1989. The first two games of the original trilogy were developed in 2D graphics. The third game was released in 3D graphics in 1999. Though Mechner was involved in every of those games, they have been produced by many different publishers and developers. The first two games have been developed by Brøderbund. The third game, Prince of Persia 3D, was developed by Red Orb Entertainment and published by The Learning Company. In 2003 the french video game company Ubisoft began developing the reboot titles of the franchise, starting with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
- Gender: Male
- Height: eventually average
- Weight: eventually average
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Black
- Place of Birth: eventually Babylon
- Occupation: Prince of Persia, Warrior, Adventurer
- Marital Status: Single; eventually later married to Princess Farah
- Known Relatives: King Sharaman (father, deceased), Prince Malik (brother, deceased), Princess Farah (eventual future wife)
- Peak Human Conditioning: The prince is physically extraordinary trained and is a peak-level athlete. His speed, strenth, stamina, endurance, agility and reflexes allow him to perform incredible physical feats, some of which even seem impossible like reaching the roof of a high building by jumping up beween two walls or running along a wall, though only for a short distance of several meters.
- Peak Human Strength: Though it has never been considered how strong the prince really was, he is able to break through any unstable, damaged or just thin wall by using single-handed weapons that can that can withstand the impact. He has been seen kicking enemies several meters away and moving quite massive objects.
- Peak Human Stamina: The prince has got a high level of pain tolerance, as he has been taking powerful blows and continued fighting despite severe injuries. He has also been able to survive a supposed deadly fall from great height almost uninjured.
- Peak Human Endurance: The prince seems to have a great lung capacity, as he can run, climb and fight for a long period of time without tiring. As long as he has access to fresh water, he can even sustain several days without food, yet without forfeiting the efficiency of his physical abilities.
- Peak Human Agility: The prince's unusual agility allows him to perform incredible acrobatic feats and supports his fighting skills.
- Peak Human Speed: The prince is considerably the fastest human beeing in the world known to him, which supports his acrobatic and fighiting skills and allows him to dodge arrows. Though with some help of the Dagger of Time he was also able to ourun the Dahaka, a powerful demon and Guardian of Time, who can cover great distances by a simple leap.
- Peak Human Reflexes: The prince has shown incredible reflexes, which are of course supporting his acrobatic and fighting skills. In combination with his incredible speed he has been seen to defend himself against up to ten enemies and remain unharmed. He also is able to dodge arrows and even deflect several arrows with ease.
- Master Acrobat: He is a more than a gifted acrobat, who can perform any acrobatic trick, that a human beeing is capable of. In combination with his speed and agility he is able to perform incredible feats, some of which even seem impossible like reaching the roof of a high building by jumping up beween two walls or running along a wall, though only for a short distance of several meters. All that allows him to have incredible freerunning skills, which even the likes of Batman, Nightwing, Altair, Ezio Auditore or Conner Kenway would be jealous of. There is almost nothing that can make him stop and almost no obstacle he couldn't pass.
- Indomitable Will: The prince is a very determined man and possesses the spirit of a true warrior. If he knows his purpose, there is little to possibly nothing that can keep him from fulfilling his task. In a flashback in Warrior Within a wise man warned him of the powerful Dahaka, yet even he did not stop the prince on his path.
- Ultimate Warrior: He might be the Prince of Persia, but he truly is the King of Blades. In combination with his physical ablities he is an unstoppable killing machine that can easily fight more than twenty enemies at once and remain victorious. Along with his indomitable will he becomes the ultimate warrior, a one-man army.
- Weapons Master: As the so called King of Blades he is a grandmaster swordsman, unmatched in the world known to him. He has fought hordes of men, undead, beasts, giants and other enormous monsters. He also defeated the powerful Dahaka in a sword fight, as well as Shahdee, an assassin with superhuman physical abilites and Kaileena, the Epmress of Time herself, while she was in her mortal form and yet superhuman. He has a unique fighting style, which includes unseen techniques and considerably superhuman moves. These allow him to kill up to several people at once. Though his weapons of choice are two single-handed swords, he can wield any other single-handed weapon like axes, maces, hammers and every kind of swords and knives known to men in his time. The Prince of Persia may be considered one of the greatest fictional swordsmen in history.
- Master of Stealth: In The Two Thrones the prince turned out to be a master assassin. Appearing literary out of nowhere, he can kill up to several men in a matter of seconds. He was able to pass vast areas of Babylon undetected while it was under siege by the vizier.
- Excellent Marksman: Though the prince has never been seen using any long distance weapons like a bow, he is able to kill a man by throwing any kind of single-handed weapons at him even on relatively great distances.
- Excellent Combatant: Due to his physical abilities and fighting skills, he is considerably a powerful unarmed combatant, as in many of his sword fighting techniques he usesblows, kicks and other moves that are also used in martial arts.
- Gifted Intellect: Though the prince has made many fatefully wrong decisions beeing blinded by vengeance, he is very a intelligent man with a very good education due to his status as a prince of Persia.
- Intuition: The prince is not only intuitive in his swordfighting, but shows to be able to adapt to any possible situation and to always find a way out.
- Multi-lingual: He doesn't only speak Persian, but supposedly Arabian as well, as the Sultan of Azad is an ally and a close friend of his father. In addition he may considerably speak a indian language, as he has been seen reading ancient indian texts while the siege of the Majarajahs kingdom.
- Leadership: As a prince he is a born leader and able to lead men into battle, as well as commanding the crew of a ship.
- Word fluent: The prince doesn't only speak as prince should due to his royal education, but chooses his words advisedly.
- Horseman: During the events of The Two Thrones the prince displayed great skills in riding horses and also controling chariots.
- Sailor: At the beginning of Warrior Within the prince turned out to be a skilled sailor and captain.
Despite his incredible physical abilities that allow him to perform considerably superhuman feats, the prince naturally possesses no superhuman powers or abilities. He obtains all his famous powers from powerful magical artifacts such as the Dagger of Time or mystical beeings like Razia.
The Dagger of Time is a powerful artifact that prevents the owner from beeing transformed into a sandmonster, while the Sands of Time are released. While in possession of it the dagger grants the prince several abilities to control and manipulate time to a certain degree.
- Recall: Pressing a button on the daggers handle the prince can reverse the course of time, and thus undo mistakes and escape death.
- Eye of the Storm: Allows the prince to slow down the time, which makes him move faster in relation to the surrounding.
- Ravages of Time: Allows him to move at blinding speeds and kill tens of enemies in a matter of seconds.
The Medallion of Time is a powerful amulet that prevents the owner from beeing transformed into a sandmonster, while the Sands of Time are released, and also grants its owner the powers of the Dagger of Time and adds some more. As like the dagger it can contain some amount of the Sands of Time that can be filled up, if exhausted.
- Breath of Fate: Allows the prince to blast away several enemies that surround him.
- Wind of Fate: Is the more powerful version of the Breath of Fate, which hurts the enemies that were blown away.
- Cyclone of Fate: Is the ultimate version of of the Breath of Fate, which kills most enemies that were blown away.
- Time Travel: In possession of the amulet the prince can use time portal, which are located on the Island of Time.
Sand Wraith: As the prince put on the Mask of the Wraith, he has been painfully transformed into the Sand Wraith, a creature that looks like a living corpse, whos skin is black and face is covered with the mask. It grants the prince limitless access to the Sands of Time, as his reserves of the sands permanently regenerate. However the mask drastically decreases the prince's stamina.
Dark Prince: In The Two Thrones the dagger prevents the prince from being fully transformed into a sandmonster, when the vizier unleashed the power of the sands by killing Kaileena. Instead it made his darkside come alive and think separately, which makes the prince transform into a dark inhuman creature with black skin, red glowing eyes, glowing signs on its body and superhuman abilities, which allow him e.g. covering greater distances while running along a wall. However this form relies on feeding on the mystical Sands of Time to sustain, otherwise the prince would die. Only contact with water can transform the prince back into his human form. Also water was the only substance that could hurt the Dahaka. However the prince manages to gain full control of his mind and free himself from his dark side.
Weapons: The prince usually uses two single-handed weapons, preferring blades. In times he wielded very powerful mystical swords.
- Eagle Sword: A powerful sword possessed by the prince, until Shahdee disarmed him and threw the blad overboard.
- Spider Sword: The first useful blade the prince achieves on the Island of Time.
- Serpent Sword: A blade that the prince received from Kaileena.
- Lion Sword: A powerful blade, which he also received from Kaileena. However it has been broken while he fought her, as she cursed it.
- Scorpion Sword: A powerful and indestructible blade, which the prince finds on the Island of Time.
- Water Sword: A powerful and indestructible blade, that can even hurt the Dahaka.
- King's Sword: A powerful blade that belonged to the prince's father Sharaman, King of Persia.
- Daggertail: A powerful weapon that has been bound to the prince as he nearly transformed into a sandmonster in The two Thrones. It originally belonged to Mahasti, one of the vizier's generals. However only the Dark Prince was able to wield it, as it was magically enhanced by the power of the Sands of Time.
- and many more.
Artifacts: The prince also achieved several extraordinary powerful artifacts, that grant him incredible powers.
- Dagger of Time: The key to the Hourglass of Time, which contains the mystical Sands of Time. Though not very sharp, it is quite useful against sandmonsters and protects the owner from beeing transformed into one of them.
- Medallion of Time: An ancient amulet, older even then the Sands of Time themselves. It grants the owner the same powers as the Dagger of Time and even more, as it enables the owner to use the Time Portals on the Island of Time.
- Mask of the Wraith: Transforms the owner into the Sand Wraith. It grants the owner unlimited reserves of the Sands of Time and the chance to change his/her fate.
Armors: Usually the prince wears just a light leather armor to be able to move fast and agile and to support his fighting skills. Some times his armors are partially enhanced by metal plates. Yet in The Forgotten Sands he gets the powerful armor of his brother Malik, which is gold-plated and decorated with blue textiles.
Major Story Arcs
The Sands of Time
The Forgotten Sands
The Two Thrones
Prince of Persia (2008)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)