Are The Presence And The Overmonitor The Same Being?

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

If the DC multi-verse exist inside the Overmonitor and The Presence is the creator of the multi-verse, are they the same being or is the Overmonitor a seprate more powerful being?

#2 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkKnight96000:
With no indication its a seperate being it would probalby be just another name for the presence as it goes by many names to many different beings.
#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be.

#4 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

is there a page for the overmonitor?
#5 Posted by Primebonnick (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

more than likely he's another aspect of the presence like the source hand etc

#6 Posted by StanLemon (1 posts) - - Show Bio

perhaps the overmonitor was the first part of the universe that the presence created

#7 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say yes.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33968 posts) - - Show Bio
@JackKnight: the Overmonitor is a comic book page 
#9 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: ???????

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33968 posts) - - Show Bio
@JackKnight said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: ???????

Seriously, the Overmonitor is Morrison trying to create meta in-universe representation of a comic book page.  
#11 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: So it's like the whole thing were people say TOAA is Stan Lee? and I did hear somewhere that the Over-Monitor could be use the readers.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33968 posts) - - Show Bio
@JackKnight said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: So it's like the whole thing were people say TOAA is Stan Lee? and I did hear somewhere that the Over-Monitor could be use the readers.

Yea basically, the Overmonitor is a sheet of paper and The Source is DC it's self.
#13 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: But whats his relation with the Presence?

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33968 posts) - - Show Bio
@JackKnight said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: But whats his relation with the Presence?

It's been a while since I'v read it but I don't think it was mentioned 
#15 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: People have said that the Over-Monitor is the new supreme God of the DC universe, is this ture?

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33968 posts) - - Show Bio
@JackKnight said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: People have said that the Over-Monitor is the new supreme God of the DC universe, is this ture?

I would say no, the Overmonitor didn't create the DCU it was just the canvas on which it was painted. 
#17 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Yea I agree.

Or nabby the Over-Monitor could be Elaine Belloc!

#18 Posted by jacobsben (108 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've read no I'd day at the very least the overmonitor and the presence are equals at most the overmonitor is superioir maybe it will get addressed in multiversity

#19 Posted by jacobsben (108 posts) - - Show Bio

You also have to wonder on how the new 52 version of oracle fits in with this since it was described as being "ancient when the omniverse took it's first breath"

#20 Posted by skyroid (441 posts) - - Show Bio

You also have to wonder on how the new 52 version of oracle fits in with this since it was described as being "ancient when the omniverse took it's first breath"

God is beyond age. age means very little to being God, presence is THE GOD of DC. ppl keeps claiming that over-monitor was above and scared Presence, wheres the proof?

God b4 genesis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.