Follow

The Phantom

Character » The Phantom appears in 9044 issues.

Created in 1936 by Lee Falk, The Phantom dwells deep in jungles of the African nation of Bangalla. The "Ghost Who Walks" has battled pirates and criminals for more than 400 years!

Lee Falk's The Phantom

dr.x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By dr.x

Well T.B's  I just finish up  reading  1998 Lee Falk's The Phantom  acr , and I must say this really a fun read . 
    Mark Verheiden & Luke McDonnell really took The Phantom from 1930's the 1990's and put him in at  what was going on at the time  and  made it work . 
    Now I really would like  to see The Phantom  brought  in to our time line and  may be do a Brave and Bold  with like a Green Arrow or even  Show up in Project  Super Power  which I thing both would  work .  
    Not to say Moonstone  is not doing  a bang up job ,I just think it need to step in our time line and go form there . 

Dr.X 

DR . X
    DR . X
    CaptHowdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 188

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By CaptHowdy

Well, it's official, The Phantom is moving to Dynamite.  I quickly bought up the few trades from Moonstone that I didn't already have... who knows how long they will be available for... heck it's been hard enough finding them even when they held the rights!

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/lowdown/p/detail/seeing-the-ghost-walk-away-mike-bullock-talks-phantom 

I see that Moonstone does plan to release quite a few new trades for their outstanding stuff very quickly in a few months.  While I loved the creative team Moonstone had on their Phantom ( Mike Bullock), I am a pretty big fan of Dynamite... especially their Red Sonja and Project: Superpowers line.  It will also make it a heckuva lot easier to stay on top of things as Moonstones stuff was very difficult for me to finds around here.

CaptHowdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 188

User Lists: 11

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#4  Edited By kartron
    AllyyllA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I put this Lee Falk-era Phantom facsimile up on ebay just the other day:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281271998000?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

It's a French reprint that I bought in the 80s.

So nice in fact that I'm rather regretting letting go of it!

AllyyllA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I put this Lee Falk-era Phantom facsimile up on ebay just the other day....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281271998000?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

It's a French reprint that I bought in the 80s.

So nice in fact that I'm rather regretting letting go of it!

wynnter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Phantom has a licensed board game on kickstarter at the moment

https://tinyurl.com/ThePhantomBoardGame

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.