new mutants 87

#1 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

is this real i pick it up for $.50
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@bergquist: Yes, it's real... They replaced the red background with a metallic gold for the second printing.
#3 Edited by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@bergquist:  

The 2nd print is only worth a couple of dollars. I have both the 1st and 2nd prints. For years (like 10+), I thought I had the 1st print, but then I realized that it was a 2nd printing and went out and picked up the 1st print.

You can use www.ComicsPriceGuide.com (free sign-up, you're just limited to the number of issues you can save, but you can look up anything), as a price reference. They even have pictures of various editions, prints, etc., so you can compare the covers.
#4 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Just check cause I thought I had a first printing.......nope I got 2 second printing. sigh.

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone isn't sure... the cover with the RED background is the first printing.  

The 'gold' cover is the second printing... Just because it's shiny & gold, doesn't make it special. 
#6 Posted by Renchamp (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes it special to me...

#7 Posted by MarvelMan1985 (152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renchamp: lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.