broo1232's New Avengers #1 - Breakout, Pt. 1 review

• broo1232 wrote this review on .
  • broo1232 has written a total of 182 reviews. The last one was for Rapture

Breakout!

This is the first issue of the new, New Avengers series and the first issue of the Breakout story arc.

Good

The cover is really good for this issue I love the way the figures are in shadow and the Lightning effect is really nice. This issue sets the story up really well and there are a few jokes in this issue. The art is really good Finch shows emotion very well and the tone for the art in the issue is perfect.

Bad

I feel as if Marvel are just throwing in Spider Man to boost sales I know Bendis wrote a lot of Ultimate Spider Man but it just feels like a money making scheme.

Buy it

This issue came out in 2005 but I would suggest you pick up the trade Paper back.