Follow

The New 52

Concept » The New 52 appears in 296 issues.

DC Comics' controversial 2011 reboot of its entire line of ongoing comic books following the universe altering event, Flashpoint. After Doomsday Clock, it was redefined as Earth-52.

What is the best monster (villain) of the New 52 titles so far?

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By DonFelipe

Personally from all the New 52 issues I have read I like the Trench monsters in Aquaman the most - their look is nothing new but they still look cool and fierce nonetheless and their background story is well done imho. Last not least it's them that made me enjoy the first story arc of Aquaman.

Next on my list would be the Mirror (from Batgirl) and the idea of the Dollmaker (from Detective) but it wasn't executed well unfortunately.

Another great thing (can we call it even monster or villain?) is The Red (from Animal Man - and Swamp Thing crossover*) but you will only like it if you're into gory and surreal stuff otherwise... The Red may not be the best monster but it definitively wins the title of the most disgusting thing in the New 52.

Well, I can't say much about the villains in GL and Super related comics as I am not into these.

So I'm looking forward to everyone else's favorite monsters.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.