Follow

The New 52

Concept » The New 52 appears in 296 issues.

DC Comics' controversial 2011 reboot of its entire line of ongoing comic books following the universe altering event, Flashpoint. After Doomsday Clock, it was redefined as Earth-52.

What happened to all of the old heroes?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c
    deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know what happened to Jay, and Alan but, what about those like wildcat, or Dr. Midnite, hourman, or starman? I mean since the relaunch I haven't heard anything about them. So does that mean that they don't exist anymore because it kind of bothers me that character interaction doesn't exist anymore. Also are any of the flashes going to meet Jay? the same question goes for the GLs and Alan or Shiera and Carter. These are interactions that have to happen at some point right?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

We'll see?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

They either don't exist at all or just haven't done anything we know of yet

KingRobbStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will probably be introduced sometime in the future, but I just hope that the wildcat universe becomes it's own multiverse (like DC and Marvel), and does not interact with the rebooted new 52 multiverse. They are too different to mix.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, since DC hates their own history, superheroes have only been around for 6 years in the DCnU. So, there is no longer any WWII era heroes, no JSA, and no legacy heroes. Those characters may appear in Earth 2, but that book hasn't and probably isn't going to satisfy JSA fans who want their team and characters back.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I kinda hope they stay in the main DC universe. I don't like what Earth 2 has been doing to the Golden Age characters. From the Earth 2 comics I read and from the panels I have seen on the Internet I am not that big of a fan of what has been going on. The story is interesting I just don't like the designs. They look like totally new characters to me.

I do hope though they do a story arc or something in Flash where Barry meets Jay Garrick for the first time. Kind of how they did back in the Silver Age of comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I like the Earth-2 characters but they do feel like redesigns. Jay Garrick is probably my favorite but I can see why older fans would be pissed he's now a very young man again. Same goes for the rest of the JSA characters reintroduced in it. It's more of an Ultimate JSA book than anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.