Wally, Donna, and other limbo characters now confirmed in N52!

• 59 results
#1 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

April Fools! Purposely waited a day later for the ULTIMATE prank.

#2 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate you.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27353 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
I hate you.
#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa: @Gambit1024: @spiderbat87: It wasn't done yesterday, SOMEONE had to do it. Haha.

#6 Posted by NewKid (354 posts) - - Show Bio

hahahaaaaa :D

#7 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn it... :(

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Dude. I called it, even though its not April's Fool today.

#9 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a new Nintendo console game. Like N64.

#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so violently apathetic to this.

I gave up hope for Wally a while ago anyway.

#11 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I've fallen for every one of these so far. :(

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (56919 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I was like I knew it!
Then I thought this was going to be an april fools joke and I was right!
BB

#13 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

What a horrible, horrible thing to do.

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, gonna have to click on the image to see the .gif I think

But thank you, thank you, for falling for this.

@Billy Batson: As expected, from previous jokes from other posters, you were too quick to figure out the pranks. A job well done, BB.

@ReVamp: Congratulations to you as well, haha, I thought for sure this would get EVERYone on here.

#15 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

Ow. My soul.

#16 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Dude, you're still cool and everything but - Seriously?!??!? I WANT MY WALLY BACK!!! :'(

#17 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: Haha, like I said, had to be done. I want Wally back as much as anyone, but I had to honor Bart's prank legacy.

#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I honestly don't even care that much for Bart - Just bring back Wally and we'll call it even ;)

#19 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Got my hopes up for nothing...ah well

#20 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7221 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

What a horrible, horrible thing to do.

@CaptainCockblock said:

Ow. My soul.

@spiderbat87 said:

@Gambit1024 said:
I hate you.

@TheCheeseStabber said:

these sum everything up quite nicely.

#22 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate you more than words can describe, sir.

#23 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

Another post that would've been amusing yesterday but just head-shakingly depressing today.

#24 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I honestly don't even care that much for Bart - Just bring back Wally and we'll call it even ;)

Bring Wally back and DC is going to have so many happy fans, they won't know what to do. But why would they want to do that? Haha

#25 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Another post that would've been amusing yesterday but just head-shakingly depressing today.

You mad, bro? :P

#26 Posted by The Stegman (20734 posts) - - Show Bio

HA! I knew it! I'm on guard for this whole month, just in case

#27 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@fodigg said:

No, see, "depressing" doesn't mean mad. And the sentiment is directed toward the creators who think Barry "Dry Toast" Allen is better than Wally West, regardless of who or what raises the topic or their motivations for doing so.

#28 Posted by Onemoreposter (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, after the Wonder Woman movie thing I was fairly sure this was going to be fake.

Damn you all the same.

I miss Wally :(

#29 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

IT'S OKAY PEOPLE! has ACTUALLY discovered that Wally and Donna are going to be around! Visit his post at:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/wally-west-and-donna-troy-arent-gone-forever-not-a-prank/660617/?page=1#div_shout_post_7155834

#30 Posted by daredevil21134 (9097 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@mr.obvious said:

Bring Wally back and DC is going to have so many happy fans, they won't know what to do. But why would they want to do that? Haha

DC's not planning on bringing back Wally because they're way too busy fellating Batman and Hal Jordan, lol

@fodigg said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@fodigg said:

No, see, "depressing" doesn't mean mad. And the sentiment is directed toward the creators who think Barry "Dry Toast" Allen is better than Wally West, regardless of who or what raises the topic or their motivations for doing so.

I find it hilarious how everyone always says how "boring" Barry Allen supposedly is, while characters like Superman, Batman & Hal Jordan are either excessively bland and boring (in Superman's case) or overly douchey or unlikeable (as in Hal or at times Batman). I also feel like people on this site only hate on Barry because he replaced Wally as the ONLY Flash, people did the exact same thing when Hal became the main GL instead of Kyle Rayner, but no one out there's even hating that much on Hal taking the top spot, only because Kyle's ALSO featured in the comics nowadays (which, in Wally's case, unfortunately, is nowhere to be found...) :'(

Seriously, don't blame the character, blame the money-hungry company's bad decisions (I'll go more into this later...)

#32 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: Check my last post. 2 posts above yours. You'll be happy to read.

#33 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@fodigg said:

I find it hilarious how everyone always says how "boring" Barry Allen supposedly is, while characters like Superman, Batman & Hal Jordan are either excessively bland and boring (in Superman's case) or overly douchey or unlikeable (as in Hal or at times Batman). I also feel like people on this site only hate on Barry because he replaced Wally as the ONLY Flash, people did the exact same thing when Hal became the main GL instead of Kyle Rayner, but no one out there's even hating that much on Hal taking the top spot, only because Kyle's ALSO featured in the comics nowadays (which, in Wally's case, unfortunately, is nowhere to be found...) :'(

Seriously, don't blame the character, blame the money-hungry company's bad decisions (I'll go more into this later...)

I'm not crazy about Hal, Clark, or a number of other Silver Age sacred cows either. Specifically Barry, however, I find extremely in excess of "boring" compared to the energetic and amusing Wally West. If I had my way the New 52 would've starred Wally and Barry would just be a part of his backstory. The ONLY story starring Barry Allen as the Flash that I enjoyed (or at least, that I can think of off the top of my head) is DC: New Frontier, where he was written as more rebellious (i.e., more like Wally).

Oh, and you crazy for saying Batman is bland or boring. Straight up crazy.

#34 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@mr.obvious said:

@fodigg said:

I'm not crazy about Hal, Clark, or a number of other Silver Age sacred cows either. Specifically Barry, however, I find extremely in excess of "boring" compared to the energetic and amusing Wally West. If I had my way the New 52 would've starred Wally and Barry would just be a part of his backstory. The ONLY story starring Barry Allen as the Flash that I enjoyed (or at least, that I can think of off the top of my head) is DC: New Frontier, where he was written as more rebellious (i.e., more like Wally).

Oh, and you crazy for saying Batman is bland or boring. Straight up crazy.

I did not say that Batman was bland or boring, I said that his character at times comes across as a bit douchey (him telling other JL members what to do all the time, him thinking that he's better than everyone else, having a lack of trust on his teammates, etc.) And come to think of it, is it even bad at all to call him bland or boring?!? He's all about a "creature of the dark", crazed obsessive vigilante who ALWAYS defeats his enemies (seriously, does anyone EVER beat him? I know there's exceptions like Bane, but he comes back and defeats them anyway cuz "no one can defeat BATMAN") Also, I hate that idea that he could defeat ANYONE with prep?!? And that DC/ Warner Bros. are always making countless movies, t.v. shows, and videogames on him rather than on their other characters - I mean, I do like Batman, but having him constantly treated like some company's cash cow and his many ongoings which ALWAYS result in him winning in the end just makes him boring to me -__-

And going back to Barry, yes I am a huge fan of his, but I do terribly miss Wally. This is what DC's doing wrong, why exactly CAN'T they have Barry and Wally both as the Flash in the same comic?!? I mean, they're doing that with Superman (Supergirl and Superboy) and Green Lantern (the millions of GLs across the galaxy), so why not Flash?!??!!??

#35 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious:

Dangling modifier. The following sentence:

I find it hilarious how everyone always says how "boring" Barry Allen supposedly is, while characters like Superman, Batman & Hal Jordan are either excessively bland and boring (in Superman's case) or overly douchey or unlikeable (as in Hal or at times Batman).

—actually means you find batman and hal jordan both bland & boring as well as douchey & unlikable. You have to take the first segment alone as well as the addendum. Regardless, I'm glad that's not actually your claim, because that'd be way crazy.

And come to think of it, is it even bad at all to call him bland or boring?!?

Yes.

He's all about a "creature of the dark", crazed obsessive vigilante who ALWAYS defeats his enemies (seriously, does anyone EVER beat him? I know there's exceptions like Bane, but he comes back and defeats them anyway cuz "no one can defeat BATMAN") Also, I hate that idea that he could defeat ANYONE with prep?!? And that DC/ Warner Bros. are always making countless movies, t.v. shows, and videogames on him rather than on their other characters - I mean, I do like Batman, but having him constantly treated like some company's cash cow and his many ongoings which ALWAYS result in him winning in the end just makes him boring to me -__-

Overexposure and writer-favorite != "bland & boring" though. He's had some poor writing, but overall he is the most interesting, dynamic, and beloved character in DC's stable.

And going back to Barry, yes I am a huge fan of his, but I do terribly miss Wally. This is what DC's doing wrong, why exactly CAN'T they have Barry and Wally both as the Flash in the same comic?!? I mean, they're doing that with Superman (Supergirl and Superboy) and Green Lantern (the millions of GLs across the galaxy), so why not Flash?!??!!??

The best thing Barry ever did was die.

#36 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

The best thing Barry ever did was die.

Same goes for Batman.

#37 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Jokes on you, because they recently released a press conference confirming the whereabouts of Wally on cbr. Here's a snippet.

Wally West New 52 press release
#38 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Jokes on you, because they recently released a press conference confirming the whereabouts of Wally on cbr. Here's a snippet.

If this news IS indeed true, then I will love you till the end of time O_O

#39 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS IMAGE?!!?!?! He looks like Bart though.

#40 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@mr.obvious said:

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS IMAGE?!!?!?! He looks like Bart though.

It's because Lee and co at D.C said he will make his New 52 debut in one of the future issues of Teen Titans. I'm really excited for this as well!

#41 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese: In Teen Titans? Awww..WTF? Link to this info, please?

#42 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee:

XD

#43 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese: I'm sorry....what? You lied? About all of that? So that image was photoshopped?

#44 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like the tables have turned.

#45 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

It looks like the tables have turned.

Is this what it feels like to be let down? I did this to you people? My god......I am so sorry.........

#46 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese:

>:(

I don't love you.

#47 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@royale_with_cheese:

>:(

I don't love you.

Oof..you got fooled twice in one thread....

#48 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: @ArturoCalaKayVee: Oh man, I'm currently at 100% gratification levels. Like fishing with dynamite :D

#49 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Oof..you got fooled twice in one thread....

UGH, don't remind me... -___-

@royale_with_cheese:

#50 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: You were collateral lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.