Some New 52 questions

Posted by saoakden (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

I know everyone still has some questions about the whole new 52 and heres some questions I have.

1. What happen to some of the characters like Conner Hawke, Stephaine, Eradicator, Wally West, some people in the Phantom Zone?
  2. Should some alternate universes characters like Superboy-Prime, the Crime Syndicate, should appear in the New 52?
  3. Should some villains that were introduce near the end make another appearnce like Doomslayer?
  4. Should some events be repeated or be updated for the New 52 like Superman's battle with Doomsday, Supergirl's time with the Legion of Superheroes, Blackest Night, etc.
  5. Will some of the characters who haven't been changed much be explained like Batman and Green Lantern, cause some of their history has other heroes involved so it be nice to get some things cleared up?
  6. What is Pandora's role in the New 52?
  7. Is she going to be in some big event in the near future?
#1 Posted by chalkshark (1187 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. While no mention has been made, so far, it's not inconceivable that Oliver Queen still fathered Conner Hawke. However, as DC is "just" now establishing all of their characters, I expect the emphasis will stay on Queen for the foreseeable future. It could be a long time before Hawke re-appears, if he ever does. DC swears that Stephanie Brown will play a part in the "new" 52, most likely returning to her previous "Spoiler" identity. There's been no mention of the Eradicator, at all. Assume that character is gone. DC steadfastly holds to the notion that Wally West, as the Flash, is history. It remains to be seen if the writers of the current Flash title ever re-introduce West. Not looking good at this point. I expect the Phantom Zone inhabitants will remain largely intact. No real reason to change that bit of continuity.
  2. Parallel universes tend to be regarded as confusing to readers. If those characters return, expect them to be introduced as "brand new", referencing none of their previous history. Superboy Prime, in particular would need an entirely new back story, as DC has stated that none of the previous Crises occurred in the "new" 52 continuity, which means that Superboy Prime no longer exists.
  3. I have no idea who Doomslayer is. There seems to be an emphasis on introducing new villains at the moment, unless we're talking about Batman or Green Lantern. Re-introduction will depend on the villain. Ones too tied to previous continuity may be hard to easily bring over into the "new" 52.
  4. Blackest Night happened. Green Lantern continuity did not change. It's up to current, & future, writers to decide if they want to tell modern versions of previous stories. Again, DC wants to emphasis the "new" in the "new" 52, so it may be some time before old continuity is discussed, if it ever is.
  5. That's another one that's up to the writers. I don't believe DC has any vested interest in explaining anything. In fact, they'd much rather have the fan base just let it go, not ask questions, & fully embrace the "new" 52 continuity.
  6. I'm sure that will be revealed soon enough. I, personally, couldn't be less interested in the character.
  7. That's very likely. I expect the first big event of the "new" 52 will revolve around her character in some fashion.
#2 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. What happen to some of the characters like Conner Hawke, Stephaine, Eradicator, Wally West, some people in the Phantom Zone?
  2. Should some alternate universes characters like Superboy-Prime, the Crime Syndicate, ahould appear in the New 52?
  3. Should some villains that were introduce near the end make another appearnce like Doomslayer?
  4. Should some events be repeated or be updated for the New 52 like Superman's battle with Doomsday, Supergirl's time with the new 52, Blackest Night, etc.
  5. Will some of the characters who haven't been changed much be explained like Batman and Green Lantern, cause some of their history has other heroes involved so it be nice to get some things cleared up?
  6. What is Pandora's role in the New 52?
  7. Is she going to be in some big event in the near future
  1. Due to them being awfully similar to other characters and being dependent on a lot of backstory, all of these characters have been pretty much shelved until further notice.
  2. It is possible that they are going to appear given that DC seems to be going back to the two different earths standard.
  3. I don't know, but in most cases no. All of the characters that we actually rebooted quite well, like for example Flash, Superman and Wonder Woman really don't have a lot of the backstory that they once had. The exception should only remain for characters like Batman and Green Lantern that still have the same continuity.
  4. No, of course not. In fact, all of these events apparently never happened.
  5. I'll clear things up. Unless told specifically otherwise in one of the 52 books, then all you have to know is that Batman and GL have the same history, with the exception that their encounters with other heroes are nullified.
  6. No one knows.
  7. It is probable, but again no one knows for certain. She is most likely used as a fail-safe plan in case the New 52 was a bust.
#3 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

to be honest, for a lot of these questions even DC may not know what will happen. It is just going to take some time until everything is all caught up to their previous incarnations

#4 Posted by batfan916 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to make a account after reading this. These are exactly my thoughts about the DCUN. I love it so far but its just a few of these that bug the hell out of me

1. What happen to some of the characters like Conner Hawke, Stephaine, Eradicator, Wally West, some people in the Phantom Zone?-they will still be around but not same people we have grown to know I'm guessing based on what DC has said so far.
  1. Should some alternate universes characters like Superboy-Prime, the Crime Syndicate, ahould appear in the New 52?-Superboy kind of urks me in the sense it was his actions that caused Jason Todd to come back to life (which we can assume still happened) yet the whole multiverse thing is back to zero and the whole earth-2 thing is just about to start up,
  2. Should some villains that were introduce near the end make another appearnce like Doomslayer?-James Jr is around but my question is did his actions still carry over?
  3. Should some events be repeated or be updated for the New 52 like Superman's battle with Doomsday, Supergirl's time with the new 52, Blackest Night, etc.Yes I actually hope this happens. Because a lot of the events have still happened but they cant have happened to the extent that they did in the old DCU. Blackest night/brightest day still happened yet timeline wise where do they fit? and the 4 element heroes who came back from the dead have different origins in the DCUN so they arent really the same characters from the past universe. A one shot to clear up the loopholes would be nice. Like the DCUN version of brightestday, doomsday, etc. It gets under my skin because one event couldn't have happened without another event
  4. Will some of the characters who haven't been changed much be explained like Batman and Green Lantern, cause some of their history has other heroes involved so it be nice to get some things cleared up?Example Batman inc. Final crisis never happened or a extent of it may have happened, in any case something happened to make bruce get his batman on in other countries. We know that Batman inc is carrying over but with the whole bat-time line out of wack in terms of robins only being around the past 5 years (which is just a mess) how has batman inc changed because of relaunch. I hope in the new batman inc Vol2 they touch on what is different in this incarnation of Batman inc like to final crisis still happen and since steph (batgirl 3) and Cassandra(batgirl 2) are MIA how is the story different without them. And has Babz ever been oracle?
  5. What is Pandora's role in the New 52?-Continuity cop? Iono I hope she has something to do with the loopholes in the new universe.

For the record I love the relaunch I'm really enjoying it but I feel DC could have done a few things different to avoid these loopholes. I'm in no way bashing DC but in terms of continuity they shoudl've waited and planned relaunch a little better it seems they are just making the rules as they go along which is a bad and good thing.

1.Don't set down a set time line just say like "In a age before heroes became public" because its hard to imagine certain events still happened in such a confined time set.

2.Do a hard reboot to avoid continuity issues don't mention any past events or teams. Its a endless loophole. This happened because this happened yet this is a new universe these two people never met so this event couldn't have happened yet it indeed did still happen in the past yet these two people never have met. (I get a headache over this crap)

3. A post flashpoint 1 shot about what is new or have the past issues of the old universe end better and some of the plot lines finished.

#5 Posted by saoakden (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

@batfan916: I'm amazed that after reading this blog, you decided to make an account to write your thoughts, well anyways you seem to feel strongly about this.

And for all, I think I made a typo regarding Supergirl, I meant her time with the Legion of Superheroes.

#6 Posted by batfan916 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea looking back got kind of carried away lol. I stumbled on this site few days ago haven't had/found a place to discuss new52 beside my local comic shop lol.

#7 Posted by saoakden (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

@batfan916: Oh I see. Well whatever helps you.

#8 Posted by saoakden (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone when I wrote the blog i didn't notice my error but I updated it and been adding some links. The big typo was on Supergirl and the new 52, i meant was her time with the Legion of Superheroes.

#9 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wally West keep bothering me too. Most likely he never did appear as the Flash, because Iris and Barry didn't get together, so Barry was not introduced to him... but then what about Kid Flash? I think DC want to keep the ppl in suspense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.