NYCC 2012: DC COMICS - THE NEW 52 panel recap

• 56 results
#51 Posted by Mbecks14 (2114 posts) - - Show Bio

I really need to pick up JL Dark

#52 Posted by cameron83 (8094 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529: agreed

#53 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1482 posts) - - Show Bio
@zackattack529 said:

i don't get what the fascination with Cassandra Cain and steph are.. i could swear i didn't hear all this when they were around other than the mian bat girl fn boys/girls. I never heard in pre 52. WE NEED MORE STPEH AND CASSANDRA! There cool characters but they arnt that cool where theyd make it to my top 10..pshh not even my top 50. maybe top 60 if anything if we are counting all DC characters.

I more concerned on the progression of story for the current DC characters.

Agreed. I mean, they are cool characters, but I wouldn't call them major in any sense of the word. People just need to whine and they've chosen to make Steph and Cass into their poster-children. People just need to chill. When there's a plan for them, they'll come back. DC just wants to focus on their "core" characters right now and there's nothing wrong with that. 
I'm so sick of hearing people ask "Where's Steph? Where's Wally?..." DC is building up to it. Take Raven and Trigon as an example. We didn't hear when they were making their debuts for almost a year and then they pop up in Phantom Stranger. And I think they did their characters right. It wasn't exactly the same, but not too much was altered and both of their core characteristics remained intact. Surprise coming from Didio. He really showed me that he knew his stuff when it came to those characters' histories.
#54 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1482 posts) - - Show Bio

A new Fatal Five is reason enough for me to pick up Legion of Superheroes. And I'm glad they didn't alter Validus' design. I wonder if his origin is still the same though
I wonder who's taking over Deathstroke once Liefield leaves 
@DarthShap said:

So pretty much every Superhero and Supervillain gets a redesign BUT ECLIPSO? WTF?

@DarthShap said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@DarthShap said:

So pretty much every Superhero and Supervillain gets a redesign BUT ECLIPSO? WTF?

Hey, at least he's not wearing AN ARMOR!!!, or SHOULDERPADS!!!, or A V-NECK COLLAR!!!

Loading Video...

I agree with you and Linkara. Most of these redesigns are very early 90's Image comics and l hate those.

Having said that, in my opinion, if there was one character who desperately needed a redesign, it was Eclipso.

Some of them...yes (Black Canary's new suit...ugh), but I honestly think some of them look better. Take Superman. While his new suit isn't perfect, I still think its better than him having what was basically a blue leatard with red underwear on the outside. And plus, at least now it has a set origin. Its Kryptonian armor, not just some suit he stitched together out of....what exactly? 
And I actually like Eclipso as he's shown here. It doesn't look outdated, just...retro or classic.
#55 Posted by FanofUltraman (159 posts) - - Show Bio

*Drums fingers* Waiting for the Crime Syndicate. *Drums fingers*

#56 Posted by k4tzm4n (39869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zeeguy91 said:

I wonder who's taking over Deathstroke once Liefield leaves 

Justin Jordan will write the title.  I'd have to double check on who's illustrating, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.