Follow

The New 52

Concept » The New 52 appears in 296 issues.

DC Comics' controversial 2011 reboot of its entire line of ongoing comic books following the universe altering event, Flashpoint. After Doomsday Clock, it was redefined as Earth-52.

New 52: Who Is Still Missing?

• 71 results
    TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By TheOptimist

@sinestro_GL said:

The entire Fourth World.

With Darkseid making his 'debut' in JLA, does this mean that the Fourth World is being rebooted entirely (like Superman), or the fact that since JLA was set five years in the past, and we're now in the present-day mean that it's only a partial reboot (like Batman).

In any event I'd like to know what the deal is with Orion, Scott Free, Barda, Kalibak, etc.

The Fourth World has been one of the most interesting aspects of the DCU for me through the years.

I wouldn't say entirely rebooted... certainly rooted in some of its past elements. Several members of the Apokolips community have made minor appearances, but as yet none from New Genesis. Recent mention in the Superman title inferred that the status of New Genesis and Apokolips may soon be resolved...

Anyone else still missing? I'm going to update my list with these additions later tonight...

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By sinestro_GL

@TheOptimist said:

@sinestro_GL said:

The entire Fourth World.

With Darkseid making his 'debut' in JLA, does this mean that the Fourth World is being rebooted entirely (like Superman), or the fact that since JLA was set five years in the past, and we're now in the present-day mean that it's only a partial reboot (like Batman).

In any event I'd like to know what the deal is with Orion, Scott Free, Barda, Kalibak, etc.

The Fourth World has been one of the most interesting aspects of the DCU for me through the years.

I wouldn't say entirely rebooted... certainly rooted in some of its past elements. Several members of the Apokolips community have made minor appearances, but as yet none from New Genesis. Recent mention in the Superman title inferred that the status of New Genesis and Apokolips may soon be resolved...

Anyone else still missing? I'm going to update my list with these additions later tonight...

You can't have Darkseid without Orion...so I hope we DO get to see the Fourth World. I don't know how popular the 'New Gods' would be if they were given their own title - but with readers very open to some of the lesser known characters and their titles, I'm sure many would keep an open mind.

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheOptimist

@sinestro_GL said:

You can't have Darkseid without Orion...so I hope we DO get to see the Fourth World. I don't know how popular the 'New Gods' would be if they were given their own title - but with readers very open to some of the lesser known characters and their titles, I'm sure many would keep an open mind.

70 - DEATH OF THE NEW GODS 10/2007: Death of the New Gods #1 of 8 -- 46,670 10/2007: Death of the New Gods #2 of 8 -- 35,681 (-23.6%) 11/2007: Death of the New Gods #3 of 8 -- 32,655 (- 8.5%) 12/2007: Death of the New Gods #4 of 8 -- 31,914 (- 2.3%) 01/2008: Death of the New Gods #5 of 8 -- 30,996 (- 2.9%) 02/2008: Death of the New Gods #6 of 8 -- 30,482 (- 1.7%) 03/2008: Death of the New Gods #7 of 8 -- 29,863 (- 2.0%) 04/2008: Death of the New Gods #8 of 8 -- 29,935 (+ 0.2%) So... Keepingin mind that these sales figures were part of a mini-series, 4 years ago... featuring multiple deaths and acting as a lead-in to the major event... The numbers weren't awful the last time around. I know I'd buy a Fourth World title (or Four). A mini-series would probably be the best way to retest the waters though.
    @Avenging-X-Boltsaid:

Metamorpho Well good news is that Metamorpho was one of the first heroes confirmed in the birth of the new 52... Way back in JLI #1! Hasn't made any appearances since, but he is def on the board.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By sinestro_GL

@TheOptimist: Here's hoping. They will need someone like Kirby to sell it though to those people perhaps undecided on whether they should buy it. A mini-series would definitely help...perhaps they can give the new Gods a Shazam-like treatment with another n52 title?

RUKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By RUKM

Dr Fate would be awesome in the new 52

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheOptimist

@RUKM said:

Dr Fate would be awesome in the new 52

I think it'd actually be really exciting to see him pop up somewhere unexpected, like Demon Knights... maybe take a little journey with Nabu himself as the featured character... then bring the new wearer in through Justice League Dark, using Madame Xanadu as the connection... I'd totally dig that.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By sethysquare

I checked your list and count vertigo should be appearing in Suicide Squad.

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheOptimist

@sethysquare said:

Thanks! I hadn't heard that... for now I'll keep him on the list, I hold them until their issue appearance is released... but do you have any more info on when he'll actually be showing up? I'd love to tack it in the description...

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#59  Edited By BatWatch

Stephanie Brown

Cassandra Cain

Question

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#60  Edited By BatWatch

@Adnan: Heard from where?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#61  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @TheOptimist: Felix Faust will be appearing in JLD also you should add Mr Majestic to your list 
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By sethysquare

@TheOptimist said:

@sethysquare said:

Thanks! I hadn't heard that... for now I'll keep him on the list, I hold them until their issue appearance is released... but do you have any more info on when he'll actually be showing up? I'd love to tack it in the description...

Resurrection Man #9

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Lobo.

celestial_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By celestial_man

the books of magic ?

the spectre

doctor fate

Tyrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Tyrisis

DOOMSDAY!

I'm thinking he is the missing world killer mentioned in Supergirl. When he is finally brought back, I hope he shows some signs of intelligence and just pure brute force. What I DO NOT want is a rehashing of the Death of Superman story arc.

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheOptimist

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Lobo.

Although poorly received by some in the initial preview, Lobo does make an appearance in the upcoming Deathstroke #9.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@TheOptimist said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Lobo.

Although poorly received by some in the initial preview, Lobo does make an appearance in the upcoming Deathstroke #9.

I know.

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheOptimist

Okay so an update, the following character have either appeared (at the very least in cameo form, or are set to make their first appearance this month): Black Adam, Vic Sage, Cheshire, Circe, Spectre, Raven, Metamorpho, Miss Martian, Plastic Man, Phantom Stranger, Felix Faust and Lobo

I've removed about 30 other names from my list so far... plenty of appearances happening...

So, who else are you still longing for?

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#69  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Where's my Metamorpho?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

Bump.

Donna may or may not be back now ..

Could It Be?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

AND i want this chica back!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassandra Cain.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72 Feral Nova  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.