New 52: Who Is Still Missing?

• 72 results
#51 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

The entire Fourth World.

With Darkseid making his 'debut' in JLA, does this mean that the Fourth World is being rebooted entirely (like Superman), or the fact that since JLA was set five years in the past, and we're now in the present-day mean that it's only a partial reboot (like Batman).

In any event I'd like to know what the deal is with Orion, Scott Free, Barda, Kalibak, etc.

The Fourth World has been one of the most interesting aspects of the DCU for me through the years.

I wouldn't say entirely rebooted... certainly rooted in some of its past elements. Several members of the Apokolips community have made minor appearances, but as yet none from New Genesis. Recent mention in the Superman title inferred that the status of New Genesis and Apokolips may soon be resolved...

Anyone else still missing? I'm going to update my list with these additions later tonight...

#52 Posted by sinestro_GL (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist said:

@sinestro_GL said:

The entire Fourth World.

With Darkseid making his 'debut' in JLA, does this mean that the Fourth World is being rebooted entirely (like Superman), or the fact that since JLA was set five years in the past, and we're now in the present-day mean that it's only a partial reboot (like Batman).

In any event I'd like to know what the deal is with Orion, Scott Free, Barda, Kalibak, etc.

The Fourth World has been one of the most interesting aspects of the DCU for me through the years.

I wouldn't say entirely rebooted... certainly rooted in some of its past elements. Several members of the Apokolips community have made minor appearances, but as yet none from New Genesis. Recent mention in the Superman title inferred that the status of New Genesis and Apokolips may soon be resolved...

Anyone else still missing? I'm going to update my list with these additions later tonight...

You can't have Darkseid without Orion...so I hope we DO get to see the Fourth World. I don't know how popular the 'New Gods' would be if they were given their own title - but with readers very open to some of the lesser known characters and their titles, I'm sure many would keep an open mind.

#53 Edited by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

You can't have Darkseid without Orion...so I hope we DO get to see the Fourth World. I don't know how popular the 'New Gods' would be if they were given their own title - but with readers very open to some of the lesser known characters and their titles, I'm sure many would keep an open mind.

70 - DEATH OF THE NEW GODS 10/2007: Death of the New Gods #1 of 8 -- 46,670 10/2007: Death of the New Gods #2 of 8 -- 35,681 (-23.6%) 11/2007: Death of the New Gods #3 of 8 -- 32,655 (- 8.5%) 12/2007: Death of the New Gods #4 of 8 -- 31,914 (- 2.3%) 01/2008: Death of the New Gods #5 of 8 -- 30,996 (- 2.9%) 02/2008: Death of the New Gods #6 of 8 -- 30,482 (- 1.7%) 03/2008: Death of the New Gods #7 of 8 -- 29,863 (- 2.0%) 04/2008: Death of the New Gods #8 of 8 -- 29,935 (+ 0.2%) So... Keepingin mind that these sales figures were part of a mini-series, 4 years ago... featuring multiple deaths and acting as a lead-in to the major event... The numbers weren't awful the last time around. I know I'd buy a Fourth World title (or Four). A mini-series would probably be the best way to retest the waters though.
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Metamorpho Well good news is that Metamorpho was one of the first heroes confirmed in the birth of the new 52... Way back in JLI #1! Hasn't made any appearances since, but he is def on the board.

#54 Posted by sinestro_GL (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist: Here's hoping. They will need someone like Kirby to sell it though to those people perhaps undecided on whether they should buy it. A mini-series would definitely help...perhaps they can give the new Gods a Shazam-like treatment with another n52 title?

#55 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Fate would be awesome in the new 52

#56 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@RUKM said:

Dr Fate would be awesome in the new 52

I think it'd actually be really exciting to see him pop up somewhere unexpected, like Demon Knights... maybe take a little journey with Nabu himself as the featured character... then bring the new wearer in through Justice League Dark, using Madame Xanadu as the connection... I'd totally dig that.

#57 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I checked your list and count vertigo should be appearing in Suicide Squad.

#58 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Thanks! I hadn't heard that... for now I'll keep him on the list, I hold them until their issue appearance is released... but do you have any more info on when he'll actually be showing up? I'd love to tack it in the description...

#59 Posted by BatWatch (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephanie Brown

Cassandra Cain

Question

#60 Posted by BatWatch (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan: Heard from where?

#61 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34360 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheOptimist: Felix Faust will be appearing in JLD also you should add Mr Majestic to your list 
#62 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist said:

@sethysquare said:

Thanks! I hadn't heard that... for now I'll keep him on the list, I hold them until their issue appearance is released... but do you have any more info on when he'll actually be showing up? I'd love to tack it in the description...

Resurrection Man #9

#63 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo.

#64 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

the books of magic ?

the spectre

doctor fate

#65 Edited by Tyrisis (33 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOMSDAY!

I'm thinking he is the missing world killer mentioned in Supergirl. When he is finally brought back, I hope he shows some signs of intelligence and just pure brute force. What I DO NOT want is a rehashing of the Death of Superman story arc.

#66 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Lobo.

Although poorly received by some in the initial preview, Lobo does make an appearance in the upcoming Deathstroke #9.

#67 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Lobo.

Although poorly received by some in the initial preview, Lobo does make an appearance in the upcoming Deathstroke #9.

I know.

#68 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so an update, the following character have either appeared (at the very least in cameo form, or are set to make their first appearance this month): Black Adam, Vic Sage, Cheshire, Circe, Spectre, Raven, Metamorpho, Miss Martian, Plastic Man, Phantom Stranger, Felix Faust and Lobo

I've removed about 30 other names from my list so far... plenty of appearances happening...

So, who else are you still longing for?

#69 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's my Metamorpho?

#70 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (2693 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Donna may or may not be back now ..

Could It Be?

AND i want this chica back!

#71 Posted by Jayc1324 (13175 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain.

#72 Posted by Feral Nova (47406 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Cassandra Cain.

She was in Batgirl: Future End, but idk if you count that since it's only a single issue >_<

Also Donna Troy, Doctor Mid-Nite and Renee Montoya aaannnnddd I'm sure there are lots of others still missing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.