Follow

The New 52

Concept » The New 52 appears in 296 issues.

DC Comics' controversial 2011 reboot of its entire line of ongoing comic books following the universe altering event, Flashpoint. After Doomsday Clock, it was redefined as Earth-52.

Earth - 2: Is it a Parallel Earth or the "JSAverse"?

Avatar image for space_captain_ulyverse
    Space_Captain_Ulyverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So we've seen designs for Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Huntress, Batman and Superman. There's been a lot of theories and I kinda got thinking: actually, what if this is a real parallel Earth? As in, Jay is definitely comparable to Barry and Alan is comparable to Hal instead of them being well...They're normal selves. It'd be sad if this was the case and I'm not too sure how much evidence you can actually gather currently, but I'm really starting to think this is a definite parallel, not just another Universe so we can have the existence of the Justice Society of America. There's been a lot of talk behind it being more violent if I remember correctly (I haven't seen articles properly in a very long time) so perhaps this really is offering a mirror feeling. This has been the case before, we've seen character such as Power Girl and Supergirl. But I'm actually starting to think that JSA will lose its own feel and be a prominent copy of Earth-1 (which is what I'm calling the normal DCnU currently).. Perhaps there will be seven members to begin with on the JSA and all them shall be Parallel versions of the JL. Like that JLU episode with the Justice Lords (except not as Cyndicate-y). Passive thought, I may gather more evidence to follow through with this theory later on.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

I'm confused over what your specific concern is. This is a return to what the JSA was originally, an alternate-universe version of the JLA, with different-but-similar members.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Space_Captain_Ulyverse: it's not Earth-1, this is Earth-1:
    No Caption Provided
    jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By jsphsmth

The DC multiverse is comprised of alternate Earths, not parallell Earths. In other words they are similar, but you will not find counterparts for every character on New Earth on these other worlds.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

Earth-2 is not going to be Earth-N52 (the actual name) just with different characters. It's going to be an alternate earth with a totally different feel. So don't worry. But on the most important note, WHEN WAS AN IMAGE OF ALAN SCOTT REVEALED?!

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jsphsmth

@ArturoCalaKayVee: In a CBR interview with Robinson last week. Link here.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By SoA

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

WHEN WAS AN IMAGE OF ALAN SCOTT REVEALED?!

?????

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jsphsmth

Have to laugh at "Earth-N52"

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

@jsphsmth said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: In a CBR interview with Robinson last week. Link here.

The image doesn't reveal MUCH but he looks FREAKIN SWEET. But he also seems to be wearing a GLC uniform. Thanks for the link!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By SoA

@ArturoCalaKayVee: he looks he still has the starheart but his armor reminds of his look in kingdom come

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kidchipotle

@SoA said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: he looks he still has the starheart but his armor reminds of his look in kingdom come

I agree that it looks like he still has the starheart but the armor looks black and green in color. No doubt it does look like kingdom come though but It looks like a kingdom come version of John Stewarts outfit.

No Caption Provided

Notice the abdomen area and the arms look black? Unless its just really shadowy.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF

@jsphsmth said:

The DC multiverse is comprised of alternate Earths, not parallell Earths. In other words they are similar, but you will not find counterparts for every character on New Earth on these other worlds.

wait really? So it is not like Marvel's Universes?

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jsphsmth

@DEGRAAF: I don't read enough Marvel titles to speak about their multiverse, but Kamadi's Earth, for example, will not contain any of DC's traditional heroes. (at least it never did, as he was the last "boy on Earth")

Of course with Multiversity being delayed even longer, we will need to wait to see just how diverse the multiverse will be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.