DC Comics September Solicits Confirm Canceled Titles [Update]

• 191 results
#151 Posted by killerfacepwnez (51 posts) - - Show Bio

damn i actually like red lantersn

shame bout atom though, wish dark knight would go instead

#152 Posted by GrandHarrier (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: About 18k-19k+ more comics of it being sold.

#153 Posted by saoakden (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Voodoo was doing good, huh poor Voodoo. I had a feeling Captain Atom was getting cancelled. I get the feeling writing a stories for a god like character isn't easy. Justice League International kinda sucks but I only liked two members of that group. I never had an opinion on Ressurection Man. I thought Firestorm or Blue Beetle or even The Dark Knight would get cancelled.

#154 Posted by thestarguy (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom may have needed a refresh, and possibly a change in direction, but did not deserve to be cancelled, as it was a good book with a very good character. It was the kind of title that DC really needs to have in it's line-up. I still think that the biggest problem was that Nathanial no longer looked human enough to be easily related to.

#155 Posted by Sekele (280 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour:

@TheWitchingHour said:

Bummer about Captain Atom. I enjoyed it. I never read Resurrection Man though. Did anybody like it?

It was pretty good, but it was probably the weakest of the whole "The Dark" line

#156 Posted by _Cain_ (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Haven't read a one of these but from what I have heard in reviews and other things I'm not surprised at a single one of these. Curious about what the fourth will be. And what shall the third wave be? Hmmm...

The Third Wave is Talon, Phantom Stranger, Sword of Sorcery and Team 7

#157 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandHarrier said:

@TheCrowbar: About 18k-19k+ more comics of it being sold.

There's something wrong with the world...

#158 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmh...

#159 Posted by davidgrantlloyd (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Voodoo started off pretty cool but I stopped getting it after Marz left.

Never read Capt Atom or Resurrection Man so I don't know what I missed there.

#160 Posted by p_rixx (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Resurrection Man was one of the best series so far. It may have been weird for some taste maybe, but it was definitely an interesting book. Captain Atom was very dull and whiny. I approve this cancellation. Voodoo was ok. The premise was great, but it got boring when the focus shifted from voodoo being this hot alien killer on the run, to voodoo being a part of this big alien invasion conspiracy... They never pulled it off though.

What i would like to see cancelled instead - green arrow, deathstroke, demon knights, savage hawkman (but i've heard it's getting better), the fury of the firestorm, and maybe red lanterns (it looks boring even when you look through it in a shop).

@RavenVice01 said:

Sorry to say but I am kinda glad that Captain Atom is getting cancelled. Is was getting way too 2001 Space Odyssey. I also heard Suicide Squad,Deathstroke, andBlue Beetle might be cancelled. I hope Deathstroke gets cancelled because his development as a lone assassin in his own series is starting to get boring. Deathstroke is a great villain but all he has been doing is facing off against petty marks or other wannabee mercenaries. Another series they should cancel is Firestorm, its not as weird as Captain Atom but I don't feel like its going anywhere. As for Green Arrow, I'm reaching that point where they should cancel it as well because the villains and stories he is mixed up with aren't all that thrilling. Sad to say but I think the axe should also fall on Red Hood and the Outlaws and Birds of Prey. You know I gotta better idea I will make a list of titles that should be cancelled and maybe you can agree or disagree. I look forward to your input users.

Come on, red hood and birds of prey, are actually a breath of fresh (well, as fresh as you can get) air among others.

And they should definitely look through their bat- and super- titles. Family titles should enhance each others reading experience, not confuse it. What's the difference between batman, dark knight, detective comics etc. I'm having a hard time to remember which storyline is in which comicbook. There should be one consistent batman title.

By the way. Does anybody feel that somehow DC fails two put out 52 titles? I mean 52 was this magical number (with the word new in front), but seeing as a little less than a quarter is getting cancelled was there ever a point to stick to 52? I mean from commercial point of view.

#161 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant say im surprised here, Though Atom and Resurrection Man were the best out of those.

#162 Posted by Sidious (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Woot! Legion survives another round! Sorry but I was getting worried about Legion Lost and LSH, both tend to not have huge audiences.

#163 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@p_rixx: I think the point of having 52 titles is so that they dont have to oversaturate the market with way too many comics. Bottomline is important so its better to have profitable comics than non profitable ones. I think sticking to 52 is a good idea.

#164 Posted by DarkShadows (741 posts) - - Show Bio

I was kind of hoping that Red Hood and the Outlaws get cancel.

*sigh*

Maybe next time.

#165 Posted by wolfchampion (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrisburgess99: noooo not Green Arrow . yes it may have had a bad begining, but i like him now

#166 Posted by batmanfan2 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@edge0076:

my thoughts exactly!

#167 Posted by wolfchampion (6 posts) - - Show Bio

what with all the hate for Red Lanterns? sure it may not be as good as Batman. but its a fun book, one that i enjoy everytime i see it. And I also like the action and the new red latern, i belive its good for new ppl in comics like me, so plz stop hating and buy it insted. Also gratz to Grifter ,another favorite book. Sad to see Vodoo/Resurrection Man go away, it was fun while it lasted. AS for the future I look forward to Talon and Team 7. OMG cant wait for Deathstroke and Black canary to be in the same team, hope he doesnt kill her or anything.

#168 Posted by nappystr8 (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

I would put Captain Atom squarely in the top tier of the reboot. I'm going to hate seeing it go.

#169 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people did predict that these titles would be cancelled, but most people said Blue Beetle would be cancelled instead of Voodoo.

#170 Posted by GrandHarrier (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

A lot of people did predict that these titles would be cancelled, but most people said Blue Beetle would be cancelled instead of Voodoo.

Probably because they figured DC would try harder with Wildcats characters.

#171 Posted by HempKnight757 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zuckuss_02: Yeah JLI just doesn't get a #0 issue & I still wanna know why.

#172 Posted by Ouija (350 posts) - - Show Bio

this sucks i freaking loved voodoo

#173 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Okay, all my books are safe. phew. thats a close one.

#174 Posted by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Voodoo is my only loss

I looked at your pull list and some of these titles are on it...

#175 Posted by FelixStrange (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed Captain Atom and Resurrection Man personally. As for Voodoo no big loss in my humble opinion , the storyline just seems to move to slow. I hope they cancel Legion of Super Heroes or Green Arrow next and maybe give Captain Marvel and The Spectre their own titles soon. By the way Red Lanterns is a great read if you ask me.

#176 Posted by toptom (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dru_zod said:

Atom................tis a shame

this is a bad news for me too.i really wanted him to meet some others eroes besides wally.

#177 Posted by wmwadeii (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

Didnt' read any of the others but sad to see JLI and Voodoo go. Always sad to see another Wildstorm title bite the dust. They just dont' hold the attention they used to I guess. Maybe they will just roll Voodoo into Grifter as a team-up of sorts.

#178 Posted by AskaniSon295 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Voodoo cancelled does that mean we may see a Wild C.a.t.s. title in the future. Warblade was in Superboy. Zealot in Deathstroke. Maybe they could get Red Tornado to be be the new Spartan.

#179 Posted by blackkitty (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League International surprises the heck out of me. I mean, there are about 10 books which are more deserving of cancellation due to sales. Hawkman and Deathstroke just to name a few. Voodoo, no surprise, they simply couldn't make this thing work and let's face it, if we learned anything from the Scarlet Spider replacing spiderman fiasco is that, no one likes clones. Resurrection Man had great promise but, they went the heaven and hell route and, I think that just turns people off.

#180 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

If Krul will no longer be writing Captain Atom does this mean He'll be working on Green Arrow or Teen Titans again? Those books need him.

#181 Posted by HolySerpent (12828 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprise

#182 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reginleif: I lost Voodoo and JLI. I used to pull Resurrection man and captain atom but I recently dropped them before the cancellation. So.... yeah I lost 2 books but I gained 4 books since I'll be buying all 4 of them.

#183 Posted by Dragonage2ftw (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been following any of these series, so it's no big deal to me. No one else must've been reading these either, if they got cancelled.

#184 Posted by thechessclub (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackkitty said:

Justice League International surprises the heck out of me. I mean, there are about 10 books which are more deserving of cancellation due to sales. Hawkman and Deathstroke just to name a few. Voodoo, no surprise, they simply couldn't make this thing work and let's face it, if we learned anything from the Scarlet Spider replacing spiderman fiasco is that, no one likes clones. Resurrection Man had great promise but, they went the heaven and hell route and, I think that just turns people off.

I agree with everything you just said

#185 Edited by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I liked the first few Captain Atom issues and I was planning to start reading them again so that's a shame. The other three were terrible anyway.

#186 Posted by RocketOrange (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@HempKnight757 said:

@Zuckuss_02: Yeah JLI just doesn't get a #0 issue & I still wanna know why.

JLI doesn't get a #0 Issue because we saw their origin in the comic. We already know the origin so why publish a #0 issue about what we already saw?
#187 Posted by 00 Raiser (441 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT!!!!! THEY ARE CUTTING CAPTAIN ATOM! THAT LIKE ONE OF THE BEST OF THE NEW 52! They need to put him in Justice League then. His character was just way to freaking cool to just throw away like that.

#188 Posted by OmegaHans (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Money hungry, greedy, greedy. They got their big payoff with the new books, now they're going to shaft the readers and cut titles. Gimmick works every time. Well that is until people WAKE UP from it.

#189 Posted by Bitchgurl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one I read was Resurrection Man.

Liked the original series, but this one just felt flat to me

#190 Posted by NoPryingEyes (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried getting into Resurrection Man (didn't ready any of the other titles) and it just didn't do much for me either. I'm sure it had its fans by I couldn't count myself amongst them.

#191 Posted by KidSupreme (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Really I totally disagree with the issues that DC Comics choose to cancel! They have other issues that are selling less at least according to the sales charts on the Diamond distribution catalogs.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.