cancel and replace a new 52 title!

• 0 results
#-49 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!

#-48 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

cancel red lanterns and me my SHAZAM!!! ALREADY!!!!

#-47 Posted by theoknows (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel the Dark Knight and give the Marvel family their own title.

#-46 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

a lot of people on this thread want to replace the dark knight.

I wonder why...

#-45 Posted by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio
@htb106: Because they should be paying us to read that garbage.
#-44 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I also want to cancel a bat-title and replace it with a book focusing on N.O.W.H.E.R.E. and the Colony.

#-43 Edited by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel Teen Titans and replace it with a continuation of where the Teen Titans left off before New-52. I want to see BB and Raven get together darnit!

Edit: Also, Beast Boy is not red. Get rid of the Ravagers and replace it with Power Girl's chest window. :|

#-42 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoknows: I wonder if they'll give the rest of the marvel family powers, we've seen them already but I think only billy will have powers considering how they've reintroduced him and the god shazam.

#-41 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#-40 Posted by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

Cancel one Bat-title and replace it with Spectre book.

I hear that!

OR Martian Manhunter books in place of either one of the Batman or one of the Green Lantern arcs.

#-39 Posted by Alphaproto (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel a Bat book and replace it with a comic staring The Question. Cancel Legion Lost and replace it with an Adam Strange book.

#-38 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#-37 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel Dark Knight and replace with a Brave and the Bold type title to showcase characters that can't hold a monthly

#-36 Posted by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpgr said:

Cancel Dark Knight and replace with a Brave and the Bold type title to showcase characters that can't hold a monthly

I'm loving that idea!

#-35 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel DC Presents and replace it with a Journey into Mystery, featuring Adam Strange and Captain Comet.

#-34 Posted by Billy Batson (57960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Cancel DC Presents and replace it with a Journey into Mystery, featuring Adam Strange and Captain Comet.

Maybe with another name since Marvel is using that name.
BB

#-33 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp said:

BB

Lol. Fail, I meant "Mystery in Space".

#-32 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel any of the multiple useless Bat-titles and replace with ongoings of The Flash (Wally West), SHAZAM, JSA and Booster Gold.

#-31 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@FullmetalChobit: Yeah, was looking at the other posts but I kept asking myself, how the f--- can you make a monthly out of characters like Specter or Question or Omac or Atom worthwhile? Answer: you can't, not on their own but having them team up in short stories with the possibility of the big names coming in once in awhile could make it feasible.

As much as I love Bats, he does have 1 (or perhaps 2) too many books. I'd like a brave and the Bold type book that could be a catalyst for origins of all the characters that should pop-up during the reboot (but not having to cross-over into something like say, JLA) making it a must read. With shorter stories, you don't have to worry as much as low readership tailing off as you could always put in an origin for a character that has yet to play a role in it to reinvigorate sales.

#-30 Posted by Billy Batson (57960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp said:

BB

Lol. Fail, I meant "Mystery in Space".

Didn't know you were into Adam Strange and Captain Comet.
BB

#-29 Posted by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

i actually like the idea of DC Presents. It gives other characters a chance were they normally wouldn't.
#-28 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

i actually like the idea of DC Presents. It gives other characters a chance were they normally wouldn't.

I'd rather have DC Cosmic.

#-27 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel all the non-Batbooks, replace them with Batbooks.

#-26 Edited by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

i actually like the idea of DC Presents. It gives other characters a chance were they normally wouldn't.

I like DC cosmic also but why not have it replace another book like that garbage Red Lantern book.
#-25 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

I like DC cosmic also but why not have it replace another book like that garbage Red Lantern book.

I just said DC presents randomly. I guess any number of books could be cut, its more about what I chose.

#-24 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

GTFO

#-23 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

wow....a lot of people hate Dark Knight...

#-22 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

Lock this topic, we have our answer.

#-21 Posted by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpgr:

There are lots of great smaller characters that could benefit from this. I'm liking the idea of odd team-ups! The thing is I love Atom, Black Canary, Zatanna, Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter but they were never gunna get their own New 52 series. I know there is three Justice League series but it would be cool to have an all-female or random team-ups arc.

Green Lantern seems to have an awful lot of series now as well. I love GL, don't get my wrong, but seriously, four different stories!? The New Guardians seems like a cool idea but Star Sapphire's do my head in - powered by love, it's like watching My Little Pony or something.

#-20 Posted by Urthiln (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel two bat books at random and replace them with something completely new.

#-19 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

cancel green arrow and replace it with, what, what's that, New (now old) Earth with everything as it was before the flashpoint- ok, if you insist

#-18 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

If we can find any books that haven't mentioned batman...

#-17 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

cancel the dark knight and replace it with the question.

This.

#-16 Edited by ShrimpDino (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace Dark Knight with Plasticman

Replace I Vampire with Metalmen

Replace Catwoman with Brave And Bold

Replace Superboy with Impulse(Flash Wally West's Daughter Iris West)

#-15 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShrimpDino: good choices but you put catwomen instead of catwoman.

#-14 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alphaproto said:

Cancel a Bat book and replace it with a comic staring The Question. Cancel Legion Lost and replace it with an Adam Strange book.

I'm not sold on canceling Legion Lost, but I would love to see an Adam Strange book! Perhaps we could part with a Lantern book instead.

#-13 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this might be a nice time to bring this thread back because of the recently announced Third wave, so...

Bump.

#-12 Posted by inferiorego (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancelled

Legion Lost

Deathstroke

Red Lanterns

Dark Knight

Replaced

Fourth World

Planetary

Spectre

Batman Superman

Staff
#-11 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Batman, yea that's right I said it. If everyone is adamant to have all the lesser known and more diverse characters cancelled then I'm going for the opposite end of the spectrum.

@htb106 said:

so we all have that certain title that we don't think is doing very well and a title that we think would work or want to see return.

so I'm asking you, my fellow viners, what those titles are.

for me I'd cancel the dark knight ( because there are just so many batman focused books) and replace it with the brave and the bold wich would show character team ups and introduce characters to the new 52.

so what do you think?

You two are my virtual BFFs.

#-10 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Red lanterns and Dark knight don't seem like essential parts of the New 52 but DC will probably keep Dark knight going forever.

I'd really love to see Superman/ Batman back, the original series had good stories and amazing artwork.

#-9 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel Dark Knight, replace with New Gods. Cancel Deathstroke, replace with Martian Manhunter. Cancel Grifter, replace with a second Wonder Woman title. Cancel Red Lanterns, replace with Secret Six.

#-8 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd get rid of one (or most) of the Bat titles, since most don't add together or make much sense outside of Gotham City....and give Solomon Grundy a series.

Now, here me out.

It may sound stupid, but we have Resurrection Man who re-animates similarly to Grundy, but with super-powers rather than personalities.

Frankenstein is a "cousin" or Grundy that speaks in poetry.

And Swamp Thing was created in a similar way through the Parliament of Trees as Solomon Grundy was.

If you take the basis of Scott Kolin's Grundy mini-series and have Grundy either defending his home, or trying to find out the circumstances of his death, while avoiding transformation into Grundy, then that'd be pretty cool.

Although a better writer and artist would be key, because the mini-series made everything look like it was covered in sticks.

Or maybe have a team-up with Bizarro.

#-7 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel Deathstroke and replace with Doom Patrol or Metamorpho.

#-6 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel Dark Knight, Replace with Secret Six

Remove Batman from Detective Comics, Replace with Plastic Man (because he's a detective too)

Cancel Legion Lost, Replace with a team of adult heroes not affiliated with the Justice League

#-5 Posted by saturnssailor (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel Dark Knight replace it with Red Robin or a bat!kids book.

#-4 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight...it's SOOO bad.

I'd like to see Kirby's Fourth World get another chance.

#-3 Posted by sagejonathan (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel a bat title and put a new Titans series with Blue Beetle in it.

#-2 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel something with Batman, and replace it with The Outsiders.

#-1 Posted by ShrimpDino (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's more of my choices

GI Combat- Inferior Five

Detective Comics- Shadowpact

Batman And Robin- Earth 3(a comic that has Hero Versions of DC Villains fighting Villain Versions of DC Heroes)

#0 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel Batman: The Dark Knight and replace it with a Red Robin book >:D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.