Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    The Wasp handles some absurd family drama in Pym space with the new Ultron Pym and a billion duplicate Jocastas. 

THE GOOD  
    The Oedipal drama inherent in the Pym "family" has been explored in depth over the decades, but Slott finds an interesting angle on it by making Jocasta sweet on her "grandfather" and integrating Pym's status as "scientist supreme" into this. The scene where he officiates a robot wedding was particularly clever. Though I had some issue's with Pham's art, I'm always a sucker for Marvel's abstract starfield characters and I really liked the way he and the colorist, John Rauch, rendered the "infinite" Janet Van Dyne.

THE BAD 
    While Pham's storytelling was good, I wasn't feeling his rendering, in general. The characters seemed a little under-detailed and the approach to shadow/crosshatching seemed a little haphazard - - too scratchy. I don't know if that's more of an issue with the inkers. I'm not sure if it's just the lame new costume design or just the rendering of him, but I didn't like how Quicksilver looked, here. Also, while the end gag with the appearance of "every single Avenger"  was a fitting way to end the series, I had trouble buying that Ultron Pym could be fooled, and give up so easily, over such a simple ruse. I'd imagine that an evil robot would be able to sense holograms, especially the second time around.

THE VERDICT
    Fans of Hank Pym will dig this issue, which gives the new Wasp a spotlight and an inventive way to showcase his talents. However, this isn't quite as a sharp when put In comparison to a lot the other Siege tie-ins coming out this week.

2.5/5
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By SlightConfuse

I really enjoyed this series i thought i was a fitting conclusion to the sereis.  

hope slott does more with Pym in the future
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'm just glad that there was some resolution from his Mighty Avengers just disbanding after their encounter with Loki. I thought it was kinda tacked on for everyone to just be disrespecting Hank all over again despite his recent positive upswing in attitude and actions. I'm happy with how this ended and can't wait for Avengers Academy.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Better than #35

Owenlars2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Owenlars2

i am ok with this, but having read annihilation: conquest i really don't see ultron in that goofy light anymore. 

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By llagrok

It feels like Mighty Avengers started revolving around nothing more but showcasing how incredible Hank Pym is. It worked out at first, considering how awful a lot of people's impressions of him were, but now he's turning into a real Mary Sue. Good review tho.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.