chroinkero's The Manhattan Projects #1 - Infinite Oppenheimers review

Manhattan Projects #1

The Good:

The concept is really good. It is a interesting take on historic events. There is a very strong sense of... oddness? in this book. There is a very cool battle that takes place during this book and the story seems like it will continue to be very interesting. The art is also very interesting. Not necessarily great, but pretty good.

The Bad:

I really do not like what they are doing with the main character. I don't necessarily see why a main character is necessary in this book except for just increasing the creepiness of it. Later in the book, you learn some very disturbing things about the main character and its very hard to describe, except as just disgusting.

The Decision:

I have given this book a 4/5 because it is just so interesting and cool the concept is and I feel that the story will be really good considering all the material the writer has to work with. I do feel though that the main character is necessary and if feel like the book would probably actually be better without him.

Other reviews for The Manhattan Projects #1 - Infinite Oppenheimers

What just happened? 0

Art: A very playful and bold art style has been chosen for The Manhattan Projects and it is quite an ironic choice taking into account the very serious and significant subject matter of the book. However it works very well. The detailed and gritty line work is complimented with bright and bold colours. It's an odd mix but this is is no ordinary story. The General is the stereotypical bold and towering man with a grenade latched to his collar and a large pistol strapped over his chest. Extravagan...

Comic Review -- Manhattan Projects #1: Infinite Oppenheimers / Jo 0

Originally posted on my blog, The Comics Cove, not too long ago...In many ways, the Manhattan Project represented a very surreal time, where America worked to maintain its dominance by making sure it was able to build the weapon of the day's nightmares, the atomic bomb. The results and fallout of that undertaking (pun partially intended) make it easy to suppose that WMDs weren't the only sinister thing the U.S. could have been working on, and that a whole gamut of mind-bending and potentially ho...