Pics From The Losers Movie Released

Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio

Soon we will have another comic book adapted movie.  The Losers is a series from DC Comics that was loosely based off the Golden Age team with the same name.  The Losers is a group of CIA black ops who were betrayed and left for dead.  Now their only mission is to get revenge against those who set them up.  The movie stars Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Clay, Chris Evans as Jensen, Zoe Saldana as Aisha, Idris Elba as Roque and Jason Patric as Max, the 'bad' guy.

The movie currently has an April 9, 2010 release date.  Andy Diggle, the writer of the Vertigo series, posted a couple images via his Twitter account.  I think it's great that this movie is about to happen.  As much as I like the comic book movies, I really like seeing the non-superhero comic books get adapted.  This should be an interesting movie.

Staff
#1 Posted by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this book. Hopefully this won't suck. Cast looks pretty tight.

#2 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read the book but I hear good things though. So far I'm liking the cast .
#3 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is anywhere near as awesome as the comic my heart will explode
#4 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Zoe. 
#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio

OMGOMGOMG! I is so excited!!!!

#6 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks pretty awesome. I've only read the first 2 trades, guess I should finish those up...

#7 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG!!!

#8 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

I...never heard of this...but it looks cool.

#9 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

What a bunch of losers :P 

Looks OK although I have no idea who they arre

#10 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...so this is a different losers? Not Johnny Cloud Losers?

#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBug said:
"

Wait...so this is a different losers? Not Johnny Cloud Losers?

"
correct 

this is an original comic "loosely" based off of DC's Losers, so loosely that Andy Diggle has stated (back in 2008 anyways when the Vertigo Encyclopedia was published and his 32 issue series long completed) he's never read a single issue of the original...
#12 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

I've missed so much in comics. I really wanted to read the modern Losers. I also found the war time Losers very interesting. First Losers story I read was in the Losers Special Crisis tie-in. I wanted to read more but it turned out to be their last story. 

I was like "WHAT?" Don't know if there have been any stories with the WW II Losers since the CoIE (haven't found any) but I've heard good stuff about Diggle's Losers. Now there's a movie. It's too much to handle for one brain. Hopefully I'll be able to scrounge up some cash for back issues on Diggle's Losers. 

Plus Zoe Saldana and Jeffrey Dean Morgan looking good.

#13 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

" Now their only mission is to get revenge against those who set them up" 

Sounds lame and done before.  

but time will tell
#14 Posted by sambow (27 posts) - - Show Bio

it looks like it will be a good movie

#15 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely will check this one out.

#16 Posted by NightFang (9634 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see this movie!          

#17 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, great cast. :D

#18 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

pass.

#19 Posted by Darkchild (40542 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"

Soon we will have another comic book adapted movie.  The Losers is a series from DC Comics that was loosely based off the Golden Age team with the same name.  The Losers is a group of CIA black ops who were betrayed and left for dead.  Now their only mission is to get revenge against those who set them up.  The movie stars Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Clay, Chris Evans as Jensen, Zoe Saldana as Aisha, Idris Elba as Roque and Jason Patric as Max, the 'bad' guy.

The movie currently has an April 9, 2010 release date.  Andy Diggle, the writer of the Vertigo series, posted a couple images via his Twitter account.  I think it's great that this movie is about to happen.  As much as I like the comic book movies, I really like seeing the non-superhero comic books get adapted.  This should be an interesting movie.

"

BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I f@#king cant wait for this sh!t WOOHOO!!! LOSERS!!

#20 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I've never read Losers comics before. But I still might see the film.
#21 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh can't be worse than the Spirit

#22 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good

#23 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

So is their arch nemesis the All-Winners Squad?

#24 Posted by Scadilla (3 posts) - - Show Bio

For those that haven't read the Losers comic I highly recommend it. It's really well written and has intriguing characters.

#25 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

look its Ahura!!!

#26 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG FREAKING GOD>........ EPICNESS ON SO MANY LEVELS....excuse me....
#27 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

they have a cool walk, now just play music from the rza

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.