etragedy's Invincible Iron Man #1 - The Five Nightmares, Part 1: Armageddon Days review

Iron Man Rebuilt

Matt Fraction has become a household name among comic readers - for better or for worse, I don't think I ever read a Fraction book before he began his run on The Invincible Iron Man.

Released in 2008 it was a cheap ploy to reinvigorate the brand in concert with the release of the Iron Man motion picture. Stark was drawn to look more like Robert Downey, Jr., and the story tooled to read like a movie, complete with movie-like effects printing of explosions and glowing blue power sources.

And guess what? It works. While hardly revolutionary, Fractions writing, and Larroca's art are both exemplary. If you've been looking for a place to jump into Iron Man. This is it.

Other reviews for Invincible Iron Man #1 - The Five Nightmares, Part 1: Armageddon Days

Armageddon Days 0

I was thrown into a dark mood immediately in this issue.  The terrorist event at the very beginning is a scary thought to say the least.  Destroying life like that.  Maybe it was just too real for me.  My son didn't like it either.  It's was just a little frightening for us. Tony is now trying to find out how this could have happened.  It appears that some of Stark technology is behind it.   We also have Mr. Ezekiel Stane showing off some technology that is very similar to what Tony can do with ...

Get story for my taste. 0

Review:    I'm a casual fan of Iron Man, just like War Machine, Thor, and Captain America, so I'm not much into Iron Man as most Harecore fans do. But this issue gave me a chance to see tony in a different view, esspecially his top 5 fears, since half the time I thought of him as a Drukin' Mr. Hot-Shot. He is human afterall. The Art was realisticly incredicle the writing was top-notch, and the action scens was great. Even if your not a fan of Iorn Man, I recommend this to anyone that is interset...