Follow

The Initiative

Team » The Initiative appears in 190 issues.

The Initiative is the program created, under the SHRA, to train those with powers and abilities. Individuals that pass have a chance of being assigned to one of the fifty officially sanctioned teams.

Where are they? Why don't they do something?

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By John_Feaster

I know the comic is still being published, but this is just a question about the teams....and what they're suposed to be doing. Why do they never seem to show up in non-Iniative issues? The Heavy Hitters may be the team in Nevada, but when Moon Knight and the Hulk were in Vegas, it was Ms. Marvel and the Sentry who showed...and they seemed to show to fight Moon Knight...not the Hulk. I can understand the Heavy Hitters calling in support against the Hulk (and the Wendigos that showed and started eating people), but shouldn't they have appeared to help at least?

And the Order never raised it's head - not even in a single panel - durring the battle the X-Men had in San Francisco.

In other words...is the 50-State Initiative just supposed to be something mentioned in this one comic, or is it supposed to be taken seriously?

I'm just saying. Wouldn't it have been cool to MENTION them in a panel? "Moon Knight we can handle, but the HULK? I don't CARE if it's just the Gray version...we need some help from the majors here!"

They could have appeared in the background, shielding the crowd and doing what you'd expect them to be doing. Controling looting and aiding the police.

And the Order. Just a scene where they say "We've got to focus our efforts on L.A right now. San Francisco has enough help." or something of that nature.

I'l just saying...that the Initiaive - if Marvel is backing them as a REAL organization - should at least be mentioned in these situations.

Opinions? Comments? Anyone else feel that they're getting shafted, or treated as the minor leagues?
       I know the comic is still being published, but this is just a question about the teams....and what they're suposed to be doing. Why do they never seem to show up in non-Iniative issues? The Heavy Hitters may be the team in Nevada, but when Moon Knight and the Hulk were in Vegas, it was Ms. Marvel and the Sentry who showed...and they seemed to show to fight Moon Knight...not the Hulk. I can understand the Heavy Hitters calling in support against the Hulk (and the Wendigos that showed and started eating people), but shouldn't they have appeared to help at least?

And the Order never raised it's head - not even in a single panel - durring the battle the X-Men had in San Francisco.

In other words...is the 50-State Initiative just supposed to be something mentioned in this one comic, or is it supposed to be taken seriously?

I'm just saying. Wouldn't it have been cool to MENTION them in a panel? "Moon Knight we can handle, but the HULK? I don't CARE if it's just the Gray version...we need some help from the majors here!"

They could have appeared in the background, shielding the crowd and doing what you'd expect them to be doing. Controling looting and aiding the police.

And the Order. Just a scene where they say "We've got to focus our efforts on L.A right now. San Francisco has enough help." or something of that nature.

I'l just saying...that the Initiaive - if Marvel is backing them as a REAL organization - should at least be mentioned in these situations.

Opinions? Comments? Anyone else feel that they're getting shafted, or treated as the minor leagues?

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By John_Feaster

I know the comic is still being published, but this is just a question about the teams....and what they're suposed to be doing. Why do they never seem to show up in non-Initiative issues? The Heavy Hitters may be the team in Nevada, but when Moon Knight and the Hulk were in Vegas, it was Ms. Marvel and the Sentry who showed...and they seemed to show to fight Moon Knight...not the Hulk. I can understand the Heavy Hitters calling in support against the Hulk (and the Wendigos that showed and started eating people), but shouldn't they have appeared to help at least?

And the Order never raised it's head - not even in a single panel - durring the GIGANTIC battle the X-Men had with the Skrulls in San Francisco.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

There is really no need for the Initiative now that Tony is no longer in charge.Norman's agenda is bigger than the Registration Act.

There are alot of teams and characters who have not been seen in quite some time or very rarely.I would assume Marvel is waiting for the right time to do something with them.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John_Feaster
    Vance Astro said:
    There is really no need for the Initiative now that Tony is no longer in charge.Norman's agenda is bigger than ... [more]

I just read that Norman disbanded the 50 State Initiative! Is that true, or just Wikipedia fluff?
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Leliel
    @John_Feaster: God only knows Norman is the worse thing that happen to US, I mean his like Bill + Bush + Gay Bill from Negative verse and Blind Bush + Angry social worker = Osborn
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Korg

Well, currently they're beating the crap out of Thor, so I guess that's doing something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.