Follow

The Hood

Character » The Hood appears in 369 issues.

Once a small-time crook, Parker Robbins found a mystical cloak and pair of boots that endowed him with supernatural abilities, allowing for his rise to power as a skilled sorcerer and feared crime lord.

A new Direction

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Shadowsnake89

I've been a huge fan of the character for the last few years and personally think his last appearance didn't do him justice.While I appreciate all the work Mr.Bendis has done with him I think he needs to be taken in a different direction.
    1)Give him a solid single and steady powerset. Something that can't be taken away.
    2)Put him on a heroes Rogues Gallery.(Spider-man,Daredevil,Punisher)
    3)Go back to his family,how his wife and daughter are dealing with him being a criminal.
     4)Don't make people sick of him by showing him in every book Bendis writes.

To me this would go a long way toward making him a more likeable character to other people.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

He was perfect in Remender's Punisher run. His Dormammu powerset was the best one. 

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shadowsnake89
    @InnerVenom123: Never read them. How was he handled in terms of character?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Shadowsnake89: Crime lord badass with a magical powerset and a tiny demonic assistant. 
    cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By cody1984

@Shadowsnake89 said:

@InnerVenom123: Never read them. How was he handled in terms of character?

Had an army outside of his supervillain gang that consisted of paramilitary strike teams and the deadly dozen. He had kick ass resurrection powers and full on command center that was awesome. The Hood was more of a challenge to the Punisher than Kingpin ever was and The Hood was shocked how difficult Frank was and gave him about as many headaches if not more than the avengers did.

If the Hood is going to be on anyone's rogues list it should be the Punisher since there conflict was pretty epic and makes The Hood's conflict with Tigra look retarded in comparison.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shadowsnake89
    @cody1984: Interesting idea. I've heard others describe him as the anti Peter Parker, all the power with none of the responsibility. Though he didn't have as good interactions with Spider-Man since his only appeared in ASM once.
    cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By cody1984

@Shadowsnake89 said:

@cody1984: Interesting idea. I've heard others describe him as the anti Peter Parker, all the power with none of the responsibility. Though he didn't have as good interactions with Spider-Man since his only appeared in ASM once.

Besides them both having the name Parker there isn't much similarity, The Hood does love his family and tries to provide for them but that just makes him more sympathetic than other villains who beat their kids, cheat on their wives, killed their parents, etc. The funny thing about the Hood's conflict with the Punisher was he actually didn't want to kill him (at first) but was willing to if the opportunity presented itself and wouldn’t be bothered if he did. I don't want give too much away but the Hood did legitimately offer the Punisher the chance to have his family back alive and well.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shadowsnake89
    @cody1984: Read the issues in Punisher. Hood was pretty awesome in their.though he did come off a little unhinged.
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By labarith
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    He was perfect in Remender's Punisher run. His Dormammu powerset was the best one. 
    Pretty much this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.