Follow

The Heroic Age

Story arc »

The new "status quo" for the Marvel Universe in 2010 after the events of Siege.

Does nobody care about the Heroic Age.....

Avatar image for man_without_fear
    Man Without Fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Man Without Fear

I don't see much buzz around this on the forums though it is Marvel's major story arc..atm.

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Leliel
    @Man Without Fear: I know not what to expect from it
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

it's not really a story arc though it's just like Dark Reign....it's just the state the Marvel Universe is in right now

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By The_Martian

I do care about the Heroic Age.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I love it, it feels like Marvel is attempting to return to the days when there weren't so many big events, one right after another, and comics were more like... maybe the Avengers would have a big event but not really a massive thing like Secret Invasion or something.
    It feels like they are trying to bring the fun back or something, not that Secret Invasion and the other events didn't have its fun stuff too.
    I like it is what I mean, and its potential.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I care, but only in that it feels like the Marvel Universe is finally going to settle down instead of lurching from event to event.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I CARE!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By -Eclipse-

It's not an event or even a story-arc like Brightest Day is. It's just, as other people have said, the state of the Marvel Universe. 

The biggest event Marvel have right now is Shadowland. Which, while I do have some issues with it, has been the best Marvel event I've ever read. Including Civil War, though McNiven's art makes that a close call.

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By mrtrickster

i don't after age of heroes. that mini was awful

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Zoom

I care about it in that it means we'll probably not have as many characters killed off for shock value. 

I care about it in that Robby is back to being Speedball.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I like it

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I like it, I'm glad to see the heroes being heroes and the villains being villains. I'm glad that not all of the books are connected to some huge storyline and are separated to tell their own story instead of trying to support a big crossover. But overall since Marvel's taken the Heroic Age banner of most the covers of their comics, like Captain America and Iron Man, I kinda forgot it was the Heroic Age xD

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13  Edited By DMC

The "Heroic Age" is by far Marvel's weakest "staus quo". There's no real concept behind it to explore and tell unique stories with. Think about the 2 that came before it. 

The Initiative

The Super Human Registration Act is in full effect, all 50 states had a super-hero team and there were still anti-SHRA heroes (New Avengers etc) still running about.

Dark Reign

Norman Osborn now has the "keys to the kingdom" as America's top cop, head of a new  peace keeping agency (H.A.M.M.E.R) and the 50 State Initiative while secretly letting Marvel villains (secretly) join in. Basically the vilains were in charge. 

Looking at these examples there are 2 things a new status quo needs that the Heroic Age lacks.

1) What is the central premise or concept? 
    I think it's safe to say that there wasn't one and the proof lies in the Avengers books. In the past there was a central premise that tied the books together and you felt it's presence (in varying degrees) in that series, like with New/Mighty Avengers during "The Initiative" or New/Dark Avengers during "Dark Reign". Sometimes a book would do it's own thing while, at times acknowledging the new status quo, but eventually come back in later story arcs to focus on that premise like Mighty Avengers during "Dark Reign" 

2) Where is the status quo book?
    A strong SQ has a new ongoing book that directly ties and (more or less) defines to the new status quo, a book that wouldn't exist without it. For The Initiative it was, naturally Avengers : The Initiative and for Dark Reign it was Dark Avengers.

Yes we have Avengers Academy now but looking at the stories in the other Avengers books, Avengers Academy has little to no impact on them let alone a central concept to widely shape the Marvel U. 
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By moviegeek17

i've enjoyed the heroic age but i think it's gone now that fear itself is going on. that's a shame too since i really enjoyed it

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By katanalauncher

The point of Heroic Age was having each books tell their own damn story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.