Just watched The Green Hornet (2011) for the first time

#1 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of a expected another phoned in performance as a comic book hero by a comedian (not to say that Seth Rogen isn't a damn good comedian).  It was also a real surprise to see Jay Chou in this as well.  Hollywood usually goes for someone cliche' like Jackie Chan or Jet Li to play a role like Kato.  Overall I thought the film was worth sitting through and I personally got a few laughs out of it.  What did you guys think of it?

#2 Edited by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

I myself just recently sat down and watched it with my Dad, and we liked it well enough.  He laughed a bit more then I did, but I still think it was kind of a bizarre casting choice to put Seth Rogen as Green Hornet.  I like him, but it just seemed odd.  It wasn't perfect, but it was still pretty enjoyable.  I loved Jay Chou as Kato though, he pulled it off perfectly.

#3 Posted by Ms. Omega (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda liked it.

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was great. I'm glad it wasn't a full-blown comedy like a lot of people were thinking it was going to be. Seth may have been an odd choice, but in my opinion, he was a good choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.