Just saw The Green Hornet (2011)

#1 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

(this is short and sweet due to the fact that my facking computer froze when I tried to post the longer version)   
It was pretty decent flick, definitely worth sitting through.  I thought Seth Rogan and Jay Chou both gave good performances as Britt and Kato.
What did you guys think?

#2 Posted by Kairan1979 (16897 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glitch_Spawn
I absolutely hated that they turned Green Hornet into a clumsy fool who wasn't even funny.
#3 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979:   I thought he seemed a bit more aware by the end
#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
@Glitch_Spawn:  I absolutely hated that they turned Green Hornet into a clumsy fool who wasn't even funny.
I totally agree with this statement, it wasn't even that he was clumsy. The whole story was stupid, I am gonna go cut the head off my dead dad's statue because I can't live up to him. Oh man now that I cut the statue's head off I want to be a hero, but I want people to think I am a criminal. I mean seriously how does that line of thinking even work. He just basically gets his ass beat and then he wants to fight crime to what? Get his ass beat even more, the only reason he wasn't killed in the first fifeteen minutes was because Kato was there. I get that's how the TV show worked were Kato did all the fighting, but if you're going to do a serious movie at least give the hero the ability to fight and not just be a punching bag until back up arrives. And don't get my started on the main "villain".
#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting a little fed up with Seth Rogen. Every character he plays is kinda a dick, which makes them unlikeable and hard for me to want him to succeed at anything. Observe and Report was a perfect example of this, I didn't like any character in that movie and wanted them all to die.

#6 Posted by Trodorne (2596 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the movie was good. It had almost a realistic view of what spoiled rich kid would be like if he tried to be a super hero.
@Nova`Prime` said:

@Kairan1979 said:
@Glitch_Spawn:  I absolutely hated that they turned Green Hornet into a clumsy fool who wasn't even funny.
I totally agree with this statement, it wasn't even that he was clumsy. The whole story was stupid, I am gonna go cut the head off my dead dad's statue because I can't live up to him. Oh man now that I cut the statue's head off I want to be a hero, but I want people to think I am a criminal. I mean seriously how does that line of thinking even work. He just basically gets his ass beat and then he wants to fight crime to what? Get his ass beat even more, the only reason he wasn't killed in the first fifeteen minutes was because Kato was there. I get that's how the TV show worked were Kato did all the fighting, but if you're going to do a serious movie at least give the hero the ability to fight and not just be a punching bag until back up arrives. And don't get my started on the main "villain".

I would not get too hung up on the movie, by itself it was pretty good. its not great by any means but its an enjoyable movie if you want to sit down with your friends. Ive never been a green hornet reader outside of the old comics from the silver age which i manage to see every so often. I know the basics of the green hornet. yeah it was sad they went a comedy route with it but still it is worth watching. if your a hardcore fan of green hornet, you more than likely will not like it as much as I loathe X-men origins: wolverine as it was pure crap. Its an opinion and your welcome to it. but I think many people would enjoy this movie as it is meant to be a fun movie in a realm of serious action films.
#7 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the movie was really good.

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Hornet was an amusing move and I enjoyed it. it didn't do any justice but was a good popcorn flick.

#9 Posted by Kairan1979 (16897 posts) - - Show Bio
@Trodorne
you know, in the new Green Hornet comic book series starring the son of original Green Hornet, Reid Jr. was a spoiled rich boy, but at least he studied kickboxing and could hold his own in a fight. Unlike this horrible joke of a 'hero' in the movie.
#10 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: @Kairan1979
: @Kairan1979: Wow guys,  this thread just proves that pretty much everyone on Comic Vine has either daddy issues or a metal rod up their ass at all times, adios.  I never said it gave justice to the comic at all guys...It's  a good movie nothing more.  Maybe I should have just re-written the other version of this because it was more clear about that fact........
#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn: First of all, quit being an arrogant prick. I basically agreed with you saying it was good film but it was nothing special. Second of all, you asked for people's opinions, so chill out and quit crying.

#12 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the movie. Kato, to me, was always the strength of the duo, and Brit's evolution from rich brat to hero was good. And I think that his abilities by the end was more realistic. In other movies, heroes that start inept at the beginning end up completely bada$$ by the end. That's good, but not logical. Brit going from inept, to slightly more capable makes a whole lot more sense. I think Waltz could have played more sinister with Chudnovsky, but other than that it was fun

#13 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glitch_Spawn: Have you seen the french made short film? I think this the green hornet people want.  
#14 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: Opinion is good, but I've read posts that weren't so snide toward the creator of the thread
#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn: Ok... I already gave my opinion, take it or leave it.

#16 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

it was fine......i would've prefered the Kevin Smith Green Hornet....but this will do.

I actually really like the final driving scene towards the daily sentinel

#17 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: My bad, my bad.  I seriously just realized that I replied to you with that thing about a rod being up your as* by mistake. 
#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn: Ah, my apologies then as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.