See Seth Rogen As Green Hornet

• 57 results
Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

There seems to be some debate as to whether or not Seth Rogen will be able to portray the Green Hornet.  I'm willing to give him a chance.  What I'm really wondering is if this movie will be completely serious or have some comedy elements.  

Some images have made their way online.  Looks like an action packed shoot out scene.  What do you think?  It takes some guts and confidence to wear a suit that's so...green.  Do these pictures change your mind either way about Rogen playing the Green Hornet?  You can see more pics over at Splash News Online.

Staff
#1 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually doesn't look as bad as I thought he would...maybe there's a chance this won't suck
#2 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't recognize him!

#3 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

He still looks like crap.
#4 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

He had a pretty stupid expression on his face.

#5 Posted by mattydeNero (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes, I'm glad they didn't retcon his look.  I think the look is there, I'm not sure about the story though.
#6 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man:   

Wait--is that really Rogen?  Looks like there is someone else behind the actor wearing the mask and gun.  Someone dressed all in green, sitting down.  Maybe the picture of the person in the Green Hornet get-up is the stuntman?  Is that Rogen sitting down?  Also, there's an Asian male sitting next to the same person.  I think these are Rogen and whomever the actor playing Kato is.  I think this is a picture of the stuntmen in action and not Rogen.

#7 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks interesting. I still feel un-even about Seth Rogen (comedian actor) being a masked detective. To me, it's like having Adam Sandler as Elongated Man or Will Ferrell as Batman. They're good at comedy but I'm not sure about masked hero roles.

#8 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:
" If he makes this an action movie with some humor elements OK I'll retract my negative comments about him and this movie.  However if they go real campy and do anything else to make me me groan well.....   Its just a lot of the tibdits I'd been reading and seeing have not been very encouraging.   Yes, G-Man I am willing to give him a chance but ONLY if its an action movie.     @G-Man:    Wait--is that really Rogen?  Looks like there is someone else behind the actor wearing the mask and gun.  Someone dressed all in green, sitting down.  Maybe the picture of the person in the Green Hornet get-up is the stuntman?  Is that Rogen sitting down?  I don't know.   "
Good observation.  But then maybe those are the stuntmen?  The dude behind Kato could be the Kato stuntman. 
Staff
#9 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

At least with Keaton he could be intimidating so I could see why Burton casted him back then. But Seth is just not the right guy for this I'm sorry.
#10 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

wow
#11 Posted by Samuraikenpo (143 posts) - - Show Bio

who is he getting knocked up in this movie?
#12 Posted by Blackandredflag (68 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @Decept-O said:
" If he makes this an action movie with some humor elements OK I'll retract my negative comments about him and this movie.  However if they go real campy and do anything else to make me me groan well.....   Its just a lot of the tibdits I'd been reading and seeing have not been very encouraging.   Yes, G-Man I am willing to give him a chance but ONLY if its an action movie.     @G-Man:    Wait--is that really Rogen?  Looks like there is someone else behind the actor wearing the mask and gun.  Someone dressed all in green, sitting down.  Maybe the picture of the person in the Green Hornet get-up is the stuntman?  Is that Rogen sitting down?  I don't know.   "
Good observation.  But then maybe those are the stuntmen?  The dude behind Kato could be the Kato stuntman.  "
G-Mans right i reckon. if you click the link and look at the last of the photos you can clearly see its rogens stunt man sitting down with the coat off.
#13 Posted by Isaiah Bradley (42 posts) - - Show Bio

This might not suck

#14 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

so stupid,  why are you bothering us with this stuff, hahaha
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

YOU'VE WATCHED IT... YOU CAN'T UN-WATCH IT!  

Actually, I don't think it looks that bad :)
#16 Posted by Nort (50 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks alot better than I thought.

#17 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

if you check out the link it looks like Kato is taller then Rogen
#18 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

(disgruntled groan)
#19 Posted by CrimsonComedian (328 posts) - - Show Bio

That doesn't look like Seth AT ALL.

#20 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

I think those are stunt men. That dude isn't fat enough to be Rogen. 

But anyway, they better not over use that gas gun. The whole gimmick of the show was he'd use it once an episode and first time watching them one was always made to wonder who's getting gassed and why.

#21 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the dude sitting down behind is Seth. It looks like Rogen is in the get-up holding the gun. Plus, Rogen has very curly hair, the dude sitting down doesn't. I'm sure the two guys sitting behind are the corresponding stunt men.

#22 Posted by Deadstroke (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" I think those are stunt men. That dude isn't fat enough to be Rogen.  But anyway, they better not over use that gas gun. The whole gimmick of the show was he'd use it once an episode and first time watching them one was always made to wonder who's getting gassed and why. "
Rogan Lost a lot of weight to portray the role, just look at how skinny he looks like in Funny People.
#23 Posted by Deadstroke (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
"  This looks interesting. I still feel un-even about Seth Rogen (comedian actor) being a masked detective. To me, it's like having Adam Sandler as Elongated Man or Will Ferrell as Batman. They're good at comedy but I'm not sure about masked hero roles. "
Will Ferrell did a great job in Stranger then Fiction. In fact most comedic actors have better skill then professional serious actors, because comedy is one of the hardest things to deliver...it's all about timing, not to mention saying sarcastic or funny things without laugh and being serious about it. 

Saying Seth Rogan can't do a serious role is like saying Robin Williams shouldn't have done Good Will Hunting.
#24 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadstroke: Haven't seen it.
#25 Posted by Methias (437 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadstroke said:
" @Moomin123 said:
"  This looks interesting. I still feel un-even about Seth Rogen (comedian actor) being a masked detective. To me, it's like having Adam Sandler as Elongated Man or Will Ferrell as Batman. They're good at comedy but I'm not sure about masked hero roles. "
Will Ferrell did a great job in Stranger then Fiction. In fact most comedic actors have better skill then professional serious actors, because comedy is one of the hardest things to deliver...it's all about timing, not to mention saying sarcastic or funny things without laugh and being serious about it. 

Saying Seth Rogan can't do a serious role is like saying Robin Williams shouldn't have done Good Will Hunting. "
I wouldn't go anywhere near comparing Seth to Williams, not to mention Will Ferrell is a no-talent hack.

It looks like Seth is the one sitting in the first picture, but that is him running in the second one.
#26 Posted by Deadstroke (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Look at any recent picture of him and you'll see how much weight he's lost.
#27 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadstroke: Will do. 
#28 Edited by Deadstroke (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@Methias said:

" @Deadstroke said:

" @Moomin123 said:

Saying Seth Rogan can't do a serious role is like saying Robin Williams shouldn't have done Good Will Hunting. "
I wouldn't go anywhere near comparing Seth to Williams, not to mention Will Ferrell is a no-talent hack.  It looks like Seth is the one sitting in the first picture, but that is him running in the second one. "
Seth hasn't done a lot of serious roles so whose to say he can't do serious, but if you've watched some of the last episodes of Freaks and Geeks you'd understand that he can do serious. Also I wasn't comparing him to Robin Williams I was using it as an example, people criticized a lot of Robin's serious movies at first because he was considered a comedic actor but after Good Will Hunting no one dares say a thing about him not being able to do serious movies. I get the same feeling with this, people are going to say he can't do serious because he's a comedian but they'll probably be surprised whn he actually does do someting serious. 

Also I've been reading a lot of news and the director said this movie is going to be a lot like Rush Hour apparently, it's going to be an action comedy.
#29 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blackandredflag said:
" @G-Man said:
" @Decept-O said:
Good observation.  But then maybe those are the stuntmen?  The dude behind Kato could be the Kato stuntman.  "
G-Mans right i reckon. if you click the link and look at the last of the photos you can clearly see its rogens stunt man sitting down with the coat off. "

@Blackandredflag:  I stand corrected!  I did check out that photo and I don't believe that's Rogen sitting down.  You are right and I'm wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.  
 Sad day.  Ha!  Regardless, if that IS Rogen, well holy smokes, he DID get trim.  Let's just hope this movie won't suck.  I doubt it but I will try to go G-Man's way and be hopeful and give it a chance. 
#30 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

green hornet was always a comedy... kato always came and saved his ass. 

#31 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

HELLYEAH! LOOKAHIM!

#32 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

I still hate the idea that Seth is going to be GH, GAH!!

But for some odd reason im still going to go see it when it comes out.

#33 Posted by dc-kid21 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

he sorta looks like ben afflek in that picture

#34 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84514 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a chance.

#35 Posted by OverThinker (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the First picture is a Stunt Man and the guy behind him is Seth Rogen sitting down.... Probably eating a twinky haha. But the Second picture looks more like him. Idk it might be him in the first one..????

#36 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84514 posts) - - Show Bio
@OverThinker said:
" I think the First picture is a Stunt Man and the guy behind him is Seth Rogen sitting down.... Probably eating a twinky
Hahahah lmfao
#37 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks funny

#38 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's gonna be good.

#39 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that really him!?

#40 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I am actually looking forward to this movie and these pictures make me more excited.

#41 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Over the years I have a developed a small dislike for Green Hornet, so I probably won't see this. 
 Its not really the actual character. Its that every time I tell someone about Green Lantern, they say "Oh man Kato was so cool." -_-

And I think Seth Rogen sucks. Maybe that just cause I'm a girl.

#42 Edited by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:

" @G-Man:    Wait--is that really Rogen?  Looks like there is someone else behind the actor wearing the mask and gun.  Someone dressed all in green, sitting down.  Maybe the picture of the person in the Green Hornet get-up is the stuntman?  Is that Rogen sitting down?  Also, there's an Asian male sitting next to the same person.  I think these are Rogen and whomever the actor playing Kato is.  I think this is a picture of the stuntmen in action and not Rogen.   "

The doods behind them aren't Seth and Stephen...unless Stephen got older and Seth looks completely different when he's skinnier.  Personally...I haven't doubted Rogen or Chow in the movie.  I've doubted the director.  I still don't think Michel Gondry is the best choice for this flick.

#43 Posted by bumnut (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV said:
"I didn't recognize him! "

Of course you didn't, he's got his disguise on lol See, it doesn't just work for Hal Jordan or Robin/Nightwing ;-)
#44 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when do people care about the Green Hornet?
Also, Will Ferrell as Batman ... YES!

#45 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

cant tell much .. but it looks better then i would have thought.
#46 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

one hes living his dream aprently that with the simpsons writeing an voice gig.ill reserve judgment till see some trailers an such.if its half as good as .. 

it will do well. 

but um he dont look big as some was saying in this interview .. 

nervous yes.
#47 Posted by ryanwh (373 posts) - - Show Bio

He has maybe the dumbest expression on his face ever.

#48 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" Since when do people care about the Green Hornet?
LOL. Its got a nostalgic quality to it.
#49 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by rjayb89 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Very dapper boots.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.