Follow

The Green Hornet

Character » The Green Hornet appears in 400 issues.

Green Hornet, with his sidekick Kato, use martial arts as well different weapons like gas guns to fight crime, riding in their car the "Black Beauty."

See Seth Rogen As Green Hornet

• 57 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

There seems to be some debate as to whether or not Seth Rogen will be able to portray the Green Hornet.  I'm willing to give him a chance.  What I'm really wondering is if this movie will be completely serious or have some comedy elements.  

Some images have made their way online.  Looks like an action packed shoot out scene.  What do you think?  It takes some guts and confidence to wear a suit that's so...green.  Do these pictures change your mind either way about Rogen playing the Green Hornet?  You can see more pics over at Splash News Online.

No Caption Provided
    biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By biggkeem89

He actually doesn't look as bad as I thought he would...maybe there's a chance this won't suck
    ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ARMIV

I didn't recognize him!

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bruce Vain

He still looks like crap.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Vortex13

He had a pretty stupid expression on his face.

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mattydeNero

Hell yes, I'm glad they didn't retcon his look.  I think the look is there, I'm not sure about the story though.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Decept-O

@G-Man:   

Wait--is that really Rogen?  Looks like there is someone else behind the actor wearing the mask and gun.  Someone dressed all in green, sitting down.  Maybe the picture of the person in the Green Hornet get-up is the stuntman?  Is that Rogen sitting down?  Also, there's an Asian male sitting next to the same person.  I think these are Rogen and whomever the actor playing Kato is.  I think this is a picture of the stuntmen in action and not Rogen.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Moomin123

This looks interesting. I still feel un-even about Seth Rogen (comedian actor) being a masked detective. To me, it's like having Adam Sandler as Elongated Man or Will Ferrell as Batman. They're good at comedy but I'm not sure about masked hero roles.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Decept-O said:
    " If he makes this an action movie with some humor elements OK I'll retract my negative comments about him and this movie.  However if they go real campy and do anything else to make me me groan well.....   Its just a lot of the tibdits I'd been reading and seeing have not been very encouraging.   Yes, G-Man I am willing to give him a chance but ONLY if its an action movie.     @G-Man:    Wait--is that really Rogen?  Looks like there is someone else behind the actor wearing the mask and gun.  Someone dressed all in green, sitting down.  Maybe the picture of the person in the Green Hornet get-up is the stuntman?  Is that Rogen sitting down?  I don't know.   "
    Good observation.  But then maybe those are the stuntmen?  The dude behind Kato could be the Kato stuntman. 
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bruce Vain

At least with Keaton he could be intimidating so I could see why Burton casted him back then. But Seth is just not the right guy for this I'm sorry.
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Agent Buttons

wow
    Samuraikenpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Samuraikenpo

who is he getting knocked up in this movie?
    Avatar image for blackandredflag
    Blackandredflag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blackandredflag
    @G-Man said:
    " @Decept-O said:
    " If he makes this an action movie with some humor elements OK I'll retract my negative comments about him and this movie.  However if they go real campy and do anything else to make me me groan well.....   Its just a lot of the tibdits I'd been reading and seeing have not been very encouraging.   Yes, G-Man I am willing to give him a chance but ONLY if its an action movie.     @G-Man:    Wait--is that really Rogen?  Looks like there is someone else behind the actor wearing the mask and gun.  Someone dressed all in green, sitting down.  Maybe the picture of the person in the Green Hornet get-up is the stuntman?  Is that Rogen sitting down?  I don't know.   "
    Good observation.  But then maybe those are the stuntmen?  The dude behind Kato could be the Kato stuntman.  "
    G-Mans right i reckon. if you click the link and look at the last of the photos you can clearly see its rogens stunt man sitting down with the coat off.
    Isaiah Bradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Isaiah Bradley

This might not suck

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By goldenkey

so stupid,  why are you bothering us with this stuff, hahaha
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty

YOU'VE WATCHED IT... YOU CAN'T UN-WATCH IT!  

Actually, I don't think it looks that bad :)
    Nort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nort

He looks alot better than I thought.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By goldenkey

if you check out the link it looks like Kato is taller then Rogen
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrCipher

(disgruntled groan)
    Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CrimsonComedian

That doesn't look like Seth AT ALL.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King Quisling

I think those are stunt men. That dude isn't fat enough to be Rogen. 

But anyway, they better not over use that gas gun. The whole gimmick of the show was he'd use it once an episode and first time watching them one was always made to wonder who's getting gassed and why.

Riezner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Riezner

I don't think the dude sitting down behind is Seth. It looks like Rogen is in the get-up holding the gun. Plus, Rogen has very curly hair, the dude sitting down doesn't. I'm sure the two guys sitting behind are the corresponding stunt men.

Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22  Edited By Deadstroke
    @King Quisling said:
    " I think those are stunt men. That dude isn't fat enough to be Rogen.  But anyway, they better not over use that gas gun. The whole gimmick of the show was he'd use it once an episode and first time watching them one was always made to wonder who's getting gassed and why. "
    Rogan Lost a lot of weight to portray the role, just look at how skinny he looks like in Funny People.
    Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deadstroke
    @Moomin123 said:
    "  This looks interesting. I still feel un-even about Seth Rogen (comedian actor) being a masked detective. To me, it's like having Adam Sandler as Elongated Man or Will Ferrell as Batman. They're good at comedy but I'm not sure about masked hero roles. "
    Will Ferrell did a great job in Stranger then Fiction. In fact most comedic actors have better skill then professional serious actors, because comedy is one of the hardest things to deliver...it's all about timing, not to mention saying sarcastic or funny things without laugh and being serious about it. 

Saying Seth Rogan can't do a serious role is like saying Robin Williams shouldn't have done Good Will Hunting.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King Quisling
    @Deadstroke: Haven't seen it.
    methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By methias
    @Deadstroke said:
    " @Moomin123 said:
    "  This looks interesting. I still feel un-even about Seth Rogen (comedian actor) being a masked detective. To me, it's like having Adam Sandler as Elongated Man or Will Ferrell as Batman. They're good at comedy but I'm not sure about masked hero roles. "
    Will Ferrell did a great job in Stranger then Fiction. In fact most comedic actors have better skill then professional serious actors, because comedy is one of the hardest things to deliver...it's all about timing, not to mention saying sarcastic or funny things without laugh and being serious about it. 

Saying Seth Rogan can't do a serious role is like saying Robin Williams shouldn't have done Good Will Hunting. "
    I wouldn't go anywhere near comparing Seth to Williams, not to mention Will Ferrell is a no-talent hack.

It looks like Seth is the one sitting in the first picture, but that is him running in the second one.
    Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deadstroke
    @King Quisling: Look at any recent picture of him and you'll see how much weight he's lost.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King Quisling
    @Deadstroke: Will do. 
    Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deadstroke
    @Methias said:

" @Deadstroke said:

" @Moomin123 said:

Saying Seth Rogan can't do a serious role is like saying Robin Williams shouldn't have done Good Will Hunting. "
    I wouldn't go anywhere near comparing Seth to Williams, not to mention Will Ferrell is a no-talent hack.  It looks like Seth is the one sitting in the first picture, but that is him running in the second one. "
    Seth hasn't done a lot of serious roles so whose to say he can't do serious, but if you've watched some of the last episodes of Freaks and Geeks you'd understand that he can do serious. Also I wasn't comparing him to Robin Williams I was using it as an example, people criticized a lot of Robin's serious movies at first because he was considered a comedic actor but after Good Will Hunting no one dares say a thing about him not being able to do serious movies. I get the same feeling with this, people are going to say he can't do serious because he's a comedian but they'll probably be surprised whn he actually does do someting serious. 

Also I've been reading a lot of news and the director said this movie is going to be a lot like Rush Hour apparently, it's going to be an action comedy.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Decept-O
    @Blackandredflag said:
    " @G-Man said:
    " @Decept-O said:
    Good observation.  But then maybe those are the stuntmen?  The dude behind Kato could be the Kato stuntman.  "
    G-Mans right i reckon. if you click the link and look at the last of the photos you can clearly see its rogens stunt man sitting down with the coat off. "

@Blackandredflag:  I stand corrected!  I did check out that photo and I don't believe that's Rogen sitting down.  You are right and I'm wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.  
     Sad day.  Ha!  Regardless, if that IS Rogen, well holy smokes, he DID get trim.  Let's just hope this movie won't suck.  I doubt it but I will try to go G-Man's way and be hopeful and give it a chance. 
    Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By Om1kron

green hornet was always a comedy... kato always came and saved his ass. 

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iLLituracy

HELLYEAH! LOOKAHIM!

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Darkchild

I still hate the idea that Seth is going to be GH, GAH!!

But for some odd reason im still going to go see it when it comes out.

dc-kid21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By dc-kid21

he sorta looks like ben afflek in that picture

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'll give it a chance.

OverThinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By OverThinker

I think the First picture is a Stunt Man and the guy behind him is Seth Rogen sitting down.... Probably eating a twinky haha. But the Second picture looks more like him. Idk it might be him in the first one..????

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @OverThinker said:
    " I think the First picture is a Stunt Man and the guy behind him is Seth Rogen sitting down.... Probably eating a twinky
    Hahahah lmfao
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Media_Master

He looks funny

Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Drafta

I think it's gonna be good.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NightFang3

Is that really him!?

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By burr787

I am actually looking forward to this movie and these pictures make me more excited.

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheBug

Over the years I have a developed a small dislike for Green Hornet, so I probably won't see this. 
     Its not really the actual character. Its that every time I tell someone about Green Lantern, they say "Oh man Kato was so cool." -_-

And I think Seth Rogen sucks. Maybe that just cause I'm a girl.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42  Edited By jakob187
    @Decept-O said:

" @G-Man:    Wait--is that really Rogen?  Looks like there is someone else behind the actor wearing the mask and gun.  Someone dressed all in green, sitting down.  Maybe the picture of the person in the Green Hornet get-up is the stuntman?  Is that Rogen sitting down?  Also, there's an Asian male sitting next to the same person.  I think these are Rogen and whomever the actor playing Kato is.  I think this is a picture of the stuntmen in action and not Rogen.   "

The doods behind them aren't Seth and Stephen...unless Stephen got older and Seth looks completely different when he's skinnier.  Personally...I haven't doubted Rogen or Chow in the movie.  I've doubted the director.  I still don't think Michel Gondry is the best choice for this flick.

No Caption Provided
    bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bumnut
    @ARMIV said:
    "I didn't recognize him! "

Of course you didn't, he's got his disguise on lol See, it doesn't just work for Hal Jordan or Robin/Nightwing ;-)
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By Jotham

Since when do people care about the Green Hornet?
    Also, Will Ferrell as Batman ... YES!

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#45  Edited By Green ankh

cant tell much .. but it looks better then i would have thought.
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Marshal Victory

one hes living his dream aprently that with the simpsons writeing an voice gig.ill reserve judgment till see some trailers an such.if its half as good as .. 

it will do well. 

but um he dont look big as some was saying in this interview .. 

nervous yes.
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ryanwh

He has maybe the dumbest expression on his face ever.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Jotham said:
    " Since when do people care about the Green Hornet?
    LOL. Its got a nostalgic quality to it.
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Marshal Victory
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rjayb89

Very dapper boots.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.