Follow

The Green Hornet

Character » The Green Hornet appears in 400 issues.

Green Hornet, with his sidekick Kato, use martial arts as well different weapons like gas guns to fight crime, riding in their car the "Black Beauty."

More 'Green Hornet' Movie Trouble!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Trouble in Green Hornet paradise...

No Caption Provided

I almost feel bad for Seth Rogen; then I remember how much I am not looking forward to seeing him play Green Hornet on the big screen and I don't feel so badly anymore! Just when word was released that they finally had a cast together, it is revealed that the upcoming film which was set to be released on Jun 25th, 2010 has been pushed back to December 17th, 2010.

The cast that initially signed on (with the exception of Stephen Chow who was replaced by Jay Chou) is still on and the film is still being directed by Michel Gondry.
    burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By burr787

Come on, don't be so hard on Rogen. Fat people can be super heroes too. :)

welshguy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By welshguy79

I have nothing against Seth Rogen; as a husky hairy fella meself I can relate to him. My big problem with this is that it will be directed by Michel Gondry. Not sure how fellow Comic-viners feel about this chap but I for one have an intense dislike for all his films and work to date. Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Be Kind Rewind............................. sorry, just had flashbacks of smug celluloid awfullness. Nah, Michel Gondry is up there with Gus Van Sant, Todd Solondz and Wes Anderson for directors who work I avoid on principal dagnabbit. And if that makes me a lowbrow plebian then so be it! 
    Anyway... Seth Rogen... wierd choice for Green Hornet but in the words of Skeletor... NEH!

MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrCipher

I'm simply not going to see this. It looks like a farce of a noir hero. I can't say that the 60s cartoon-like series was great (neither was the 60s Batman which is was paired with), but I'm still bothered that the subject has to be approached as a comedic spoof.  
    It just seems wrong to do this to the Green Hornet and my respect for Seth Rogen has dropped quite a few points because of it.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By King Quisling

I hate this movie. It's on then it's off then the process repeats its self. I loved the original show and have a pretty good collection of GH comics. It's great stuff and nothing about the comics or the show come off as comedic. So why is this film going to be a comedy? It's like they just want to spoof the character. This movie could be darker than the current Batman movies but Hollywood is just going to make it suck. I'd much rather if it doesn't come out at all.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Moomin123

Why Seth Rogen...he's a comedy actor, not the Green Hornett.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King Quisling
    @MrCipher said:
    " I'm simply not going to see this. It looks like a farce of a noir hero. I can't say that the 60s cartoon-like series was great (neither was the 60s Batman which is was paired with), but I'm still bothered that the subject has to be approached as a comedic spoof.  It just seems wrong to do this to the Green Hornet and my respect for Seth Rogen has dropped quite a few points because of it. "
    Dude The Green Hornet show was incredible. Did you ever see the episode "The Silent Gun" definitely my favorite episode. The show wasn't nearly as cartoony as the Batman show.
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrCipher
    @King Quisling:
    Maybe I need to go back and rewatch some episodes. I remember it being over-the-top with mediocre performances but maybe I am just too jaded and Batman from the same era has had too much of an effect on my memory.
    Can you suggest any place I could get episodes on the cheap? Should I just go to BestBuy or is online better?
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I love Seth Rogan films, for the most part. But this I just don't know if I can get behind. This reminds me of when Jack Black said he wanted to make a comedic Green Lantern movie. Lucky that project wasn't given legs, unlike this one. Although I am really looking forward to the Green Hornet comics by Dynamite.

dr.x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By dr.x

Seth Rogen vs Nick Cage I smell blockbuster ..... may be like  1980's batman may be
    Question08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Question08

Seth Rogen isn't fat anymore
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By NightFang3
    @burr787 said:
    "Come on, don't be so hard on Rogen. Fat people can be super heroes too. :) "
                 Not unless they can kick ass.
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondasch

Delay doesn't mean anything.  I'm not wasting my time with this disaster.

Tae Kwon MOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tae Kwon MOE

i cant beleive they would replace stephen chow. : (
    samver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By samver1

Jay Chow is the one from the Initial D movie correct?

dancingphlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By dancingphlower

This movie will suck. Guaranteed.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bruce Vain

Good !!! The more bad news I hear about it, the happier I get. I want to see this project for Seth fail and have someone else that's better to do the Green Hornet.
    Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, for starters, Seth Rogen is shorter than I am, and I think he might be shorter than Babs. But we can always argue it's a movie, right. 

The original series and the Adam West Batman were produced by the same producers through Fox, but The Green Hornet didn't have Lorenzo Semple Jr's indistinguishable comedic mark, which he would later repeat with Flash Gordon. Semple Jr. had a way of being ridiculously and visually faithful and stunning in accordance to the original material, as in these cases of Batman and Flash Gordon. Only rib-ticklingly funny. 

Some believe that when he was told Batman and Flash Gordon were comics, he thought they meant the funny comic strips, like The Peanuts. No. But, and a HUGE but, both Batman and Flash Gordon retained the visual look and FEEL of the comics to an irreproducible speculation. It's quite possible he and/or the producers mistakenly or purposely misinterpreted the whole Batman/comic thing from the start, BUT they still gave us Batman, with Adam West, for which we are all forever grateful.

Lorenzo Semple Jr. would probably have been dismissed as a writer altogether if he hadn't also penned such films as Three Days Of The Condor, The Drowning Pool, Papillon, the James Bond revisit Never Say Never Again and the 1976 release of King Kong. YES, that's the 1976 King Kong!! Just so you read that correctly!!

He did, however, write the screenplay for the motion picture adaptation of Sheena, with Leslie Stevens, no less, and starring Tanya Roberts, equally no less, which may have broken his campy mold. 

Lorenzo Semple Jr. can be seen and heard somewhere on YouTube giving movie reviews with a reviewer partner, believe it or not. Go look for him. I've heard he's quite entertaining.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#18  Edited By No_Name_
    @Tae Kwon MOE said:
    " i cant beleive they would replace stephen chow. : ( "
    With a POP STAR! >:-(

@burr787 said:
    " Come on, don't be so hard on Rogen. Fat people can be super heroes too. :) "

LOL.
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Aronmorales

...Meh.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Static Shock

Well...

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Decept-O

That's quite a difference in terms of release dates.  Hopefully this is the signal the movie with Rogen involved will sink before it ever sails.  Piss off,  Rogen.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King Quisling
    @MrCipher: Trying online would be easiest. Lucky for me my dad brought me it and these real cool GH and Kato figures for my tenth birthday. That was nine years ago so I doubt the place he got them would have anymore. If you can find them give em a second chance. It may only be 13 episodes but that show was definitely ahead of its time.
    Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bio Guyver

Give the guy a chance. He might take the dissaproval off your face.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By FoxxFireArt

If I remember correctly. The Green Hornet show was suppose to be a Batman sort of story. I remember there was even a cross over of Green Hornet and Adam West's Batman show.  There was even an episode where they fight each other. Knowing Bruce Lee was in that mix always made he laugh.

Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

please dont rape it

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @FoxxFireArt said:

" If I remember correctly. The Green Hornet show was suppose to be a Batman sort of story. I remember there was even a cross over of Green Hornet and Adam West's Batman show.  There was even an episode where they fight each other. Knowing Bruce Lee was in that mix always made he laugh.

"

i can see why people thought batman and robin were gay just from that video
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @buttersdaman000 said:

" @FoxxFireArt said:  i can see why people thought batman and robin were gay just from that video "

That wasn't very nice.

I actually liked the Riddler and the three different Catwomen they had during this series. Though I think I was always a little more partial to Eartha Kitt version.
    Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
    " @FoxxFireArt said:

" If I remember correctly. The Green Hornet show was suppose to be a Batman sort of story. I remember there was even a cross over of Green Hornet and Adam West's Batman show.  There was even an episode where they fight each other. Knowing Bruce Lee was in that mix always made he laugh.

"

i can see why people thought batman and robin were gay just from that video "
    No, that kind of thinking wouldn't start until the new guy.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Media_Master

still feeling "whatever" on this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.