More "Green Hornet" movie news!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
  It seems as though this "Green Hornet" film is actually going to happen. According to a report by Sci Fi, actor Edward James Olmos has joined the cast of the upcoming Green Hornet film. Elmos is best known for his roles in "Battlestar Gallactica," "Miami Vice," and "Blade Runner," and will join Nicolas Cage, Jay Chou, Cameron Diaz and Seth Rogen in the upcoming film.

How do you guys feel about Edward James Olmos? Are you looking forward to the upcoming "Green Hornet" film now that news regarding the film's cast seems for the most part to have been released?
#1 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE IT!!! this movie is stacked
#2 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not an Olmos fan, but I admit that he's a good actor.

I'm really interested in how this movie turns out.  As a Seth and Green Hornet fan, I'll be watching it.

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

Given what Rogen has said what he intends to do with the character I am not liking any news attached to it, regardless who comprises the list of actors.  Olmos must need to pay his mortgage.  Why Cage is involved I fail to grasp, maybe he lit up a doobie with Rogen one day and Rogen convinced him to appear in the movie.  Personally I think it has fail written all over it.  If I'm wrong that's fine and I'd be happy if I am wrong because I'd like a Green Hornet movie to be done nicely.  

This could be The Spirit all over again, that movie had top name actors in it.  *sighs*
#4 Edited by Illuminarch (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Olmos is the only name attached to this project that doesn't make me shudder. I know that Rogen promised that it wasn't going to be an out and out comedy/spoof, but it still has the vibe of Jack Black's pitch to lampoon Green Lantern a couple of years back.

Edit: I hope at least this will prompt a release of the Van Williams/Bruce Lee TV series on DVD.

#5 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.  While EJO is a capable actor, I am still having doubts about this movie.

#6 Edited by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

cage is green hornet? this is getn big to be a big budget movie on whoes in it . least they got one car made for it alreadybit heavy on guns an missles tho. 

#7 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio
holy crap... this film is gonna be serious
#8 Edited by Red L.A.M.P. (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Olmos, love him in BSG.  I will give a thumbs up to Admiral Adama in anything.

Staff
#9 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: Yeah, but this, to me, is a so-crazy-it-might-work kind of situation

#10 Posted by NightFang (10141 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm dieing to see this movie.

#11 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm ... Can't say I'm thrilled for this movie.

I've never heard of the Green Hornet.

#12 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marshal Victory said:
"
cage is green hornet? this is getn big to be a big budget movie on whoes in it . least they got one car made for it alreadybit heavy on guns an missles tho. 

"
No.... Seth Rogen is gonna be Green Hornet.
#13 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3559 posts) - - Show Bio

Olmos is great. His character in Battlestar Galactica was incredible. I do wonder what kind of character he would play in the end, and if he'd bring back that mustache he loves.

#14 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#15 Posted by Luthorcrow (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Olmos, may man, cash the check quick and laugh all the way to the back.  I hope they pay him a fat fee for this one.  He was great in BSG but I still think America Me was his high point as an actor.

So let me get my head around this, Nicholas Cage + Seth Rogan + one Metro-Sexual-Hong Kong Pop-star?!??!  How does that not add up to comedy?

#16 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Admiral Adama is in this? I may just watch it for that alone.
#17 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

whats a Green Hornet%Pr

#18 Posted by Defiant (679 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marshal Victory said:
"

"
Sweet ride
#19 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Defiant said:
" @Marshal Victory said:
"

"
Sweet ride "

bit of a difrence form the poriginal shown here with teh batmobile

#20 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

I just really hope Cage isn't playing Green Hornet. The show might of only had 13 episodes but I watched it like religiously as a child. I don't want to see him screw up another one of my favorite superheroes. I already think it's really dumb that their aiming for a more comedic movie. The show was always kind of dark and same with the few GH comics I've been able to obtain. Hollywood has to stop screwing over great fanchises. 

#21 Posted by Crimson Thunder (286 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a good feeling about this movie, except for the person who is playiny Kato. I would have chose Jackie Chan or Jet Lee.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.