Green Hornet Villain Has A Name: Chudnofsky

Posted by G-Man (29395 posts) - - Show Bio
Yesterday it was reported that Christoph Waltz will be playing the villain in The Green Hornet, taking over for Nicolas Cage.  My question was, who is this villain that the Green Hornet will be fighting?  I have read some of the Green Hornet comics published by NOW comics in 1989 but I was never a huge fan.  Looking around for possible contenders, the name that kept popping up was a "Mr. X."  

Digging deeper, it turns out that the villain that Christop Waltz will be playing is named Chudnofsky.  Does that instill fear into your heart?

It will be interesting to keep an eye on this.  Will this Chudnofsky character have a costumed alter ego?  Are there any Green Hornet experts out there?  Has this character been created just for the movie?  Is he an actual villain or has he been adapted from an existing one?  What makes him so evil?  Does he have any special abilities that will allow him to go toe-to-toe with the Green Hornet (and Kato)?
Staff
#1 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Chudnofsky just sounds like a man that is up to no good.

#2 Posted by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a dude that lives down the street from me named Chudnofsky. He's a real bastard. Always leaves his trash cans out by the curb and rarely mows his lawn. I say watch out Green Hornet. This guy sounds like trouble if he's anything like the Chudnofsky I know!

#3 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Human Stain said:
"There's a dude that lives down the street from me named Chudnofsky. He's a real bastard. Always leaves his trash cans out by the curb and rarely mows his lawn. I say watch out Green Hornet. This guy sounds like trouble if he's anything like the Chudnofsky I know! "

that's right his mutagenic grass is going to entangle the planet making it eco-friendly to drop garbage on the planet!!!!! YESSS!!! MUAHAHHAHAHA!!!! Jk :p
#4 Posted by dagobon (44 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Human Stain:
HILARIOUS! ...THAT SON-OF-A-BITCH!
#5 Posted by Om1kron (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

that's the guy from inglorious basterds is it not? great actor. 

#6 Posted by G-Man (29395 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#7 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a character created for the movie.   

A villain the Green Hornet will be fighting?   I'm fighting to find a reason to see this movie when it comes out. 
#8 Posted by Om1kron (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, yes he was so articulate in basterds. 

#9 Posted by 1eyejoker (54 posts) - - Show Bio

My name is Chudnofsky, but you may call me... 

THE CHUD! 

#10 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

Part of me wonders if they only just settled on the villain's name. I found it really surprising that they had started filming before a villain was even settled on.

#11 Posted by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@1eyejoker said:
" My name is Chudnofsky, but you may call me...  THE CHUD!   "
That's a nicer name than what we call the dude down the street... 

I mean if he doesn't want to mow his lawn, he can pay that chubby kid that went door to door a couple months ago offering to mow lawns for ten bucks.
#12 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Chudnofsky is my Landlord.
#13 Posted by NightFang (9638 posts) - - Show Bio
@Riezner said:
"Chudnofsky just sounds like a man that is up to no good. "
#14 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

This man was great in Inglorious Basterds. Loved the movie, but he was the best thing about it.
#15 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

He just made this movie worth talking about

#16 Posted by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@Media_Master said:
" He just made this movie worth talking about "
Who?  Christoph or my neighbor down the street?
#17 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Chudnofsky. Most likely a Cuban mastermind? LOL. 
Chudnofsky sounds like he'll be in the KGB or some Russian team like that.
#18 Posted by Shatterstar (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is officially going to kick ass.

#19 Posted by mosarmani (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought this was interesting, on giving some insight into who "Chudnofsky" is at least.

http://www.newsinfilm.com/2009/09/20/waltz-replaces-cage-as-green-hornet-villain/

"According to Variety, in the Michel Gondry-directed action comedy Waltz is playing Chudnofsky, a Los Angeles crime boss who tries to unite the city’s various gangs in order to form a supermafia.  Nicolas Cage was originally in discussions for the role, but backed out just as the movie started filming earlier this month.  It seems Columbia managed to upgrade on short notice.

Seth Rogen is starring as the Green Hornet, Jay Chou is his sidekick Kato, and Cameron Diaz plays Rogen’s love interest.  Plus Edward James Olmos and Tom Wilkinson.

Since his departure, Cage talked to the Canadian Press about why he didn’t officially sign for the villain.  Apparently the actor “wasn’t interested in just being just a straight-up bad guy who was killing people willy-nilly.” He added, “I had to have some humanity and to try to give it something where you could understand why the character was the way he was but I don’t think there was enough time to develop it.” He basically wanted a bigger role and they didn’t have time to write one for him.  This is all strange coming from Cage, who has been seemingly grabbing paychecks for several years."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.