Green Hornet Villain: Christoph Waltz

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

As you may already know, Michel Gondry's ' Green Hornet' film is well underway, and with the unexpected loss of Nicholas Cage last week, it seemed as though the film had hit yet another bump in the Hollywood road. Fear not Gondry/Rogen fans, we have a villain! It was announced earlier today that Christoph Waltz of 'Inglorious Basterds' fame would take on the role as the primary evil-doer in the upcoming film, according to Deadline Hollywood. 

Waltz who is supposedly a shoe in at this year's Oscars, recently won a Cannes film festival award for best actor and by signing onto 'Green Hornet,' he seems to be taking his career in an interesting direction. (I just realized how much of a wet blanket I am when it comes to any news on this movie) What do you guys think? Did you see 'Inglorious Basterds'? Do you think that Waltz is an upgrade from Nicholas Cage?
#1 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he would make a good villain in the movie,but I feel sad that Nicoles Cage is not in it.
#2 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the only thing that's good coming out of this crap version of the Green Hornet. I feel bad he's even in this movie wasting his time with this movie.

Cause this man was superb as Landa in Inglorious Basterds,
#3 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Waltz stole the show in Inglorious Basterds, hands down.  Great movie indeed.  Saddens me though to have him attached to this upcoming disaster.

#4 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this definitely sounds like an upgrade from seeing Nic Cage's awful hair plugs. Can anyone who saw Inglourious Basterds vouch for this guy?

#5 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a BINGO!

#6 Posted by ryanwh (373 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think he'd make an interesting choice for Green Hornet himself.

#7 Posted by NightFang (9967 posts) - - Show Bio
@Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
"I think he would make a good villain in the movie,but I feel sad that Nicoles Cage is not in it. "
#8 Posted by Fresh0133 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X:

Oh yeah, he was absolutely incredible in Inglorious Basterds.  Calm and friendly towards who ever he was talking to, yet insanely creepy all at the same time because you know in all likely hood where the scenes are heading because you can see his mind at work the whole time, awesome, awesome, awesome performance, the whole movie was great but he definietely stole the show.  In my mind he's a huge step up from Cage.
#9 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

He made Inglorious Bastards.  Such an amazing performance.  Absolutely my favorite character of the film.

Staff
#10 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tyler Starke said:
" Thats a BINGO! "
Haha, great line in the movie.

I think this is a VERY cool choice for the villain. After I saw Basterds I walked out and told my friends "God, I really hated that fu****"!" and that's rare in a movie, for an actor to so fully become villainous that you truly hate the man. Impressive work. The only other time I felt that, interestingly enough, was with Ralph Fiennes character in Schindler's List. I look forward to how Waltz handles this character. Who is the villain going to be, anyway? Any one from the comics?
#11 Posted by CrimsonComedian (328 posts) - - Show Bio

They made the right decision. He was surprisingly excellent in Inglorious Basterds.

#12 Posted by NamelessHenchman (17 posts) - - Show Bio

AMAZING!!!! I'M SO JACKED! HE'LL BE A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN CAGE (he sucks anyway)

#13 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks evil so I'll go with him.
#14 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3550 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing how Inglorious Bastards just came out. This strikes me as some patchwork deal that was thrown together on some red carpet or after party.
I am just amazed that they started filming this movie without even having a solid villain.

#15 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

They could resurrect the dead corpse of Lawrence Olivier to play the villain,  and include 20 minutes worth of topless women jumping on trampolines in this movie and it would still be a turdfest.   

Wet blanket, don't worry, Babs, I'm a wet Duvet.    This is  going to suck and suck cow manure through a straw.
#16 Posted by crosal05 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Definite 1000% upgrade.  His portrayal of Col. Landa was amazing.

#17 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

He did such a fine job in Inglorious Bastards, he's a stronger choice than Cage.

#18 Posted by Selty (150 posts) - - Show Bio

He was absolutely brilliant in Basterds. Just perfect. Cannot wait to see him in anything new he does.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.