Follow

The Green Hornet

Character » The Green Hornet appears in 400 issues.

Green Hornet, with his sidekick Kato, use martial arts as well different weapons like gas guns to fight crime, riding in their car the "Black Beauty."

GREEN HORNET Movie in January, in 3D

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Now, picture this... in 3D.
    Now, picture this... in 3D.

The Black Beauty's pulling over for a tune-up.  Deadline’s just run a story announcing that the GREEN HORNET movie’s release date has been pushed back from Christmas weekend to Martin Luther King Day weekend. This is partly to - - you guessed it - - re-render the movie into 3D. The other “part” is pretty smart on Sony’s part. They’re moving it to January because December’s already packed with big flicks like TRON: LEGACY, the next (final?) HARRY POTTER movie, the YOGI BEAR movie, CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER and GULLIVER’S TRAVELS - - all of which are supposed to roll out in three dimensions.

I don’t pretend to be much of industry analyst or even that much of a bean counter, but I don’t think this is necessarily a sign of Sony “dumping” the movie into January. It seems like every year, now, you get a TAKEN or a PAUL BLART: MALL COP or a BOOK OF ELI, that perform better in January than people expected them to; it was only a matter of time before studios reevaluated that month. I’ve heard about GREEN HORNET opening on the same day as TRON for a while, which I figured would cut into both movies’ grosses, so I knew something had to give. It’s funny how movie line-ups often roll out like (or because of?) the economic market - - that is, I recall last Christmas season seeming to have a lot less big movies to watch while this coming one seems already packed with them.

You know, all this talk of market forces and demographics is running a little dry for me. I think it’s time for a battle thread, and I’m not just talking one-on-one. If you threw Kato, the Green Hornet, Tron, Harry Potter, Prince Caspian, Yogi Bear and Lemuel Gulliver into steel cage, oh royal-rumbling Comic Vine community… WHO WOULD COME OUT ALIVE?!??!

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dane

sounds promising.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vortex13

Yogi bear. He's a freaking bear, that's how.

Avatar image for deadpool_a_k_a_wade_wilson
    DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 2

Can't wait well i actually i can but still : ) and wow everything is in 3D these days

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hellos

Less 3D. Please, reality around me is slowly crumbling to all these 3D films!
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By grimreaper1980

is it still gonna be with seth rogen though

ManuelPrez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By ManuelPrez

NO MORE 3D. some movies need this cleary doenst need it

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

Okay. I liked how cheesey Journey to the Center of the Earth was about 3-D, but this is ridiculous. This seems to be an idea designed to stop me from seeing this movie. There's no point to The Green Hornet in 3-D, except to jack up the ticket price. Let me just go SAVE this title to my Netflix cue right now

Stop the madness!   

RubyShadesp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RubyShadesp3

Honestly, I'm a little bummed. I'm definitely not a fan of the 3D overload we will be getting because it seems like a lot of films will be in it just to be in it. I have to agree with AirDave817. As much as I want to see this I might just wait for the blu-ray. Seeing a movie in the theater just doesn't mean as much as it used to. Especially with all the gimmicks that studios are pulling (a la 3D).

BaronVonDredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By BaronVonDredd

Proof that there is a God, and he loves fan boys. If Tron: Legacy had changed it's release date to next year, I would have been furious. GREEN HORNET BETTER NOT STEAL AWAY TRON'S 3-D THUNDER!!!!!! 

And to answer your question, Tron would be the one to come out alive. IT WAS ACTUALLY FILMED IN 3-D!!!!

Alecs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alecs
    @ManuelPrez: 
    You always have the option to view it in regular 2D theaters.
    mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mv

flip sake with the 3d, jus cause of avatar doesn't mean it will work with other films

ManuelPrez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By ManuelPrez
    @crestfallen:  I know but some movies aren't meant to be on 3D like Step Up, some others.  For example: Friday the 13th Part III . I know its old but all of they are doing are not giving depth to the movies and are using it to make the pop outs thing like punch.  

Alecs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Alecs
    @ManuelPrez: 
    I agree, but I think the film industry found a differential for people to come back to cinemas to watch movies instead of renting them. First they did with the sound system, now with 3D technology.  
    Of course it would not go to see Dances with Wolves in 3D (LOL), but I would see any science fiction movie with good special effects or movies based on comics. 

Anyway, The Green Hornet is not a character I like very much and would not go to see the film to the movies, and less if it stars Seth Rogen, ha, ha, ha.
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Its not the last harry potter.  the studio already announced that they were splitting the final book into two films.

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By greenenvy

Alright good I was about to say because winter seasons or Christmas does not feel right when it comes to superhero flicks anyway right? Being 3D sounds weird for green hornet but whatever because I really want this to be good desperately. I am glad there actually  trying to keep it away from other hits, green hornet would of got his ass kicked badly. Thank you green hornet people. 

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By TheMess1428

It would end up as Harry Potter vs Kato at the end. I want Green Hornet and Kato to win, but Harry has the wand... so... yeah.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By doordoor123

cool.

Avatar image for don_t_kranq_just_psychoo
    DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who or what is the green hornet i didn´t heard about him ????

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By carnivalofsins00

seth rogan is playing the green hornet right? i hate him. i think ill pass.

Tony Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tony Rogers

this will be awesome whether it is 3d or not

crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crazywolf

I watched the trailer for the first time. I'll watch the movie, most likely on DVD, but I wish an actor I could take seriously was cast as the Green Hornet. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.