GREEN HORNET Movie in January, in 3D

Posted by No_name_here (1225 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, picture this... in 3D.

The Black Beauty's pulling over for a tune-up.  Deadline’s just run a story announcing that the GREEN HORNET movie’s release date has been pushed back from Christmas weekend to Martin Luther King Day weekend. This is partly to - - you guessed it - - re-render the movie into 3D. The other “part” is pretty smart on Sony’s part. They’re moving it to January because December’s already packed with big flicks like TRON: LEGACY, the next (final?) HARRY POTTER movie, the YOGI BEAR movie, CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER and GULLIVER’S TRAVELS - - all of which are supposed to roll out in three dimensions.

I don’t pretend to be much of industry analyst or even that much of a bean counter, but I don’t think this is necessarily a sign of Sony “dumping” the movie into January. It seems like every year, now, you get a TAKEN or a PAUL BLART: MALL COP or a BOOK OF ELI, that perform better in January than people expected them to; it was only a matter of time before studios reevaluated that month. I’ve heard about GREEN HORNET opening on the same day as TRON for a while, which I figured would cut into both movies’ grosses, so I knew something had to give. It’s funny how movie line-ups often roll out like (or because of?) the economic market - - that is, I recall last Christmas season seeming to have a lot less big movies to watch while this coming one seems already packed with them.

You know, all this talk of market forces and demographics is running a little dry for me. I think it’s time for a battle thread, and I’m not just talking one-on-one. If you threw Kato, the Green Hornet, Tron, Harry Potter, Prince Caspian, Yogi Bear and Lemuel Gulliver into steel cage, oh royal-rumbling Comic Vine community… WHO WOULD COME OUT ALIVE?!??!

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds promising.

#2 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Yogi bear. He's a freaking bear, that's how.

#3 Posted by DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson (979 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait well i actually i can but still : ) and wow everything is in 3D these days

#4 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Less 3D. Please, reality around me is slowly crumbling to all these 3D films!
#5 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

is it still gonna be with seth rogen though

#6 Posted by ManuelPrez (131 posts) - - Show Bio

NO MORE 3D. some movies need this cleary doenst need it

#7 Posted by AirDave817 (813 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. I liked how cheesey Journey to the Center of the Earth was about 3-D, but this is ridiculous. This seems to be an idea designed to stop me from seeing this movie. There's no point to The Green Hornet in 3-D, except to jack up the ticket price. Let me just go SAVE this title to my Netflix cue right now

Stop the madness!   

#8 Posted by RubyShadesp3 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I'm a little bummed. I'm definitely not a fan of the 3D overload we will be getting because it seems like a lot of films will be in it just to be in it. I have to agree with AirDave817. As much as I want to see this I might just wait for the blu-ray. Seeing a movie in the theater just doesn't mean as much as it used to. Especially with all the gimmicks that studios are pulling (a la 3D).

#9 Edited by BaronVonDredd (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Proof that there is a God, and he loves fan boys. If Tron: Legacy had changed it's release date to next year, I would have been furious. GREEN HORNET BETTER NOT STEAL AWAY TRON'S 3-D THUNDER!!!!!! 

And to answer your question, Tron would be the one to come out alive. IT WAS ACTUALLY FILMED IN 3-D!!!!

#10 Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio
@ManuelPrez: 
You always have the option to view it in regular 2D theaters.
#11 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

flip sake with the 3d, jus cause of avatar doesn't mean it will work with other films

#12 Posted by ManuelPrez (131 posts) - - Show Bio
@crestfallen:  I know but some movies aren't meant to be on 3D like Step Up, some others.  For example: Friday the 13th Part III  . I know its old but all of they are doing are not giving depth to the movies and are using it to make the pop outs thing like punch.  

#13 Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio
@ManuelPrez: 
I agree, but I think the film industry found a differential for people to come back to cinemas to watch movies instead of renting them. First they did with the sound system, now with 3D technology.  
Of course it would not go to see Dances with Wolves in 3D (LOL), but I would see any science fiction movie with good special effects or movies based on comics. 

Anyway, The Green Hornet is not a character I like very much and would not go to see the film to the movies, and less if it stars Seth Rogen, ha, ha, ha.
#14 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not the last harry potter.  the studio already announced that they were splitting the final book into two films.

#15 Posted by greenenvy (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright good I was about to say because winter seasons or Christmas does not feel right when it comes to superhero flicks anyway right? Being 3D sounds weird for green hornet but whatever because I really want this to be good desperately. I am glad there actually  trying to keep it away from other hits, green hornet would of got his ass kicked badly. Thank you green hornet people. 

#16 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

It would end up as Harry Potter vs Kato at the end. I want Green Hornet and Kato to win, but Harry has the wand... so... yeah.

#17 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

cool.

#18 Posted by DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO (315 posts) - - Show Bio

who or what is the green hornet i didn´t heard about him ????

#19 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

seth rogan is playing the green hornet right? i hate him. i think ill pass.

#20 Posted by Tony Rogers (86 posts) - - Show Bio

this will be awesome whether it is 3d or not

#21 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched the trailer for the first time. I'll watch the movie, most likely on DVD, but I wish an actor I could take seriously was cast as the Green Hornet. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.