Get Ready For Another 'Green Hornet' Series!

Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio
THE GREEN HORNET STRIKES! #1
Written by BRETT MATTHEWS          
Art by ARIEL PADILLA          
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

Banking on the success of the recently released Kevin Smith Green Hornet comic, we have another one coming your way from Dynamite Entertainment. I really enjoyed the first one, so I'm kind of looking forward to see if this series is a success. The new series will feature a new and very different version of the character, integrating the political climate of today with the legacy of the Green Hornet. The lovely folks at Dynamite gave Comic Vine a look at some art as well as a few teaser images to get you all excited. Check it out!

"The Green Hornet Strikes! features a new version of the character, in a near-future world where the financial crisis we face today didn't resolve neatly," says writer Brett Matthews. "At its core, it explores all the things THE GREEN HORNET has always been about -- corruption. The fine line between hero and criminal. Politics and legacy -- but through the filter of its young protagonist, who is a little less stable and certain of his actions. It's faithful to what's come before but definitely its own thing, like THE LONE RANGER but taking the approach much further. It's a unique book. It had to be, to earn its place in such a solid lineup."

Are you guys looking forward to the new series? The Green Hornet #1 hits store shelves May 26th, 2010. Will you be picking it up?  

#1 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya I saw the ad while reading the comic and was wondering about it, I might have to pick that up, the character looks interesting and the Green Hornet is awesome regardless.

#2 Posted by Grim (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved The other series first issue, but i can easily see it fail for me in the next few. I think i liked the old school flashback, so who knows if i'll like when things... change in the next few issues. 
 But I'm definitely  gonna give them and this other series a shot.

#3 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a few new Green Hornet series, I remember there was an ad for Green Hornet: Year One in the book, as well. Hopefully all of these books do well enough, Kevin Smith's book was pretty awesome.

#4 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked up Green Hornet #1 and loved it. I am definitely going to collect. There are supposed to be 5 different Green Hornet related series at once. Green Hornet, Kato, Green Hornet: Year One, Kato Origins, and Green Hornet Strikes. I am going to try to get them all. My dad is a big fan of the original so I am also getting them so he can read too.

#5 Posted by greenenvy (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool but not sure about getting all at once maybe just stick with one of them for now and see how it goes.
#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen about seven series related to Green Hornet in Previews, it's getting ridiculous

#7 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4873 posts) - - Show Bio

did they change him?... i dont remember him having a gas mask...

#8 Edited by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics based on TV shows and other entertainment industry media never really worked. It would also help if they stuck with it instead of only publishing them when they have a movie coming out.

If they want to hold the public interest they need to make a solid continuing series of this quality, and not a flyer for a movie.

#9 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

They're saying Kevin's GH is just a 10 issue series... is that true? or is it ongoing? 

I'm on board for anything hornet right now after reading Smith's first issue, so definitely gonna check this one out!

#10 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the art quite a bit may check this one out.  Dynamite may be hit and miss but they have my attention with their titles.
#11 Posted by jstarzyk (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Hornet Year One just dropped this week, plus we are getting Kato Year One and Kato according to Dynamite's site.  Lot's of GH!

#12 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

loving the Hornet stuff. Year One is sitting here waiting for me to drink some more coffee and get down to it. knowing the premise might seem corny to some (kind of like when they made a Space Ghost comic),
its anything but. comic fans dont miss out on this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.