First Look: On The Set Of "The Green Hornet"

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Take a look at the first images from the set of the film

Usually the public does not get to see images from a movie set until several weeks into filming. Last week we reported that "The Green Hornet" had started filming, even though the film's release date had been pushed back to next winter. This week we already have pictures from the set of the film and amongst those images, our first look at Jay Chou's stunt double in the Kato costume. The verdict? It seems like they are not changing much from what we saw in the original show, at least as far as costumes are concerned. The images give us a behind the scenes look at the action on the set of the upcoming film that is set for release on December 17th, 2010 yet does not offer much of an insight into possible scenes.

It is odd that not even a week into filming, we already get pictures on the set. My question: why so soon? Is this their way of probing to fans that the film is already in production? What do you guys think?

#1 Posted by ryanwh (373 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess he left his scarf on the moped. Im not an avid Rogan hater but how can you not want to punch him right here.
#2 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird stuf.f
#3 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually can't wait for this movie and think that it's going to be good.

#4 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw man, I hate Seth Rogen. Look at his big stupid face.

#5 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs:
Lol I think they are definitely hearing all the chatter on the net, seeing all the apprehensive feedback and are hoping this will shut some of us up lol. Like, "Hey look. Its not so bad...right?" lol
#6 Edited by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio
@HaloKing343 said:

"Weird stuf.f "

yeah and do you see that lady at the bottom right , in the third picture behind Rogen's sholders...shes griling him... (can't belive i noticed that , now thats weird)... lol  ^_^
#7 Posted by dondasch (925 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Cameron looking for her career while walking?

#8 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" Aw man, I hate Seth Rogen. Look at his big stupid face. "
HAHAHA
#9 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs:  

Lol sorry for any unnecessary negativity. I just can't picture that guy doing anything remotely referred to as "Action."
#10 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm... thats one homely looking Kato there.
#11 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

I am seeing this.  Period.

#12 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, I may wanna see this film after all.
#13 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Rogen lost weight, that's fine but my problem is the fact he wants to take this in a direction that is opposite of what the character and TV show represented..  Great  action adventure with  a little bit of humor.  

Sadly they want to take any action adventure out and replace it with "humor" and make it a slapstick comedy.  That's what I keep reading.  IF I am wrong and God knows I hope I am well I apologize ahead of time.   

#14 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Kato was that pop singer. Perhaps the "homely" is the original one but dies sometime in the movie... I thought Seth would be skinnier...
#15 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting...
#16 Posted by NightFang (9634 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna see this movie.

#17 Posted by NightFang (9634 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna see this movie.

#18 Posted by dc-kid21 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it looks good

#19 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: I'm of the mind that this movie will be almost along the lines of his previous movie Pineapple Express. That was sort of a comedy with a few action elements.

Can't say I'm pleased if that turns out to be the case.
#20 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm not please with this at all.

#21 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the Baldwin adaptation of The Shadow.

#22 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still against it I still think Seth is a horrible choice for Green Hornet. Kato looks alright but at this point I have no use for this movie.  

Here are other images I found - and what the hell is with Seth sobbing like a little kid?? 

#23 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest problem with this movie is Cameron Diaz.

#24 Posted by Green ankh (997 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt know the GH was going to be gay.
#25 Posted by _brandon (66 posts) - - Show Bio

seems like a bad move releasing production photos based on the news that Nick Cage pulled out, meaning they dont have a bad guy in the movie despite having started shooting. 

Whoops.
#26 Posted by Gregomasta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

So whats with the scar on kato?

#27 Posted by ghost rider 109 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

cool the green hornet is awesome

#28 Posted by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio
@_brandon said:
" seems like a bad move releasing production photos based on the news that Nick Cage pulled out, meaning they dont have a bad guy in the movie despite having started shooting.  Whoops. "
That could be it, bang on the head. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this all turns out.

#29 Posted by jokershade (15 posts) - - Show Bio

i met him at golden apple comics this summer, he was really skinny.

#30 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

which actor is playing kato?

#31 Posted by Selty (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Go away Cameron Diaz

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.