Follow

The Green Hornet

Character » The Green Hornet appears in 400 issues.

Green Hornet, with his sidekick Kato, use martial arts as well different weapons like gas guns to fight crime, riding in their car the "Black Beauty."

First Look: Green Hornet- Parallel Lives #3

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided
    We were lucky enough to get a first look at the cover to the upcoming third issue of Green Hornet: Parallel Lives from Dynamite Entertainment,  which delves into the history of the relationship between Britt Reid and  Kato. While there are several Green Hornet comics being released by Dynamite, Green Hornet: Parallel Lives is the only series which is based on Seth Rogen's upcoming film that is set to hit theaters this January 14th in 3D. We caught up with the writer of Green Hornet: Parallel Lives and asked him a few question about what it is like working on the book.

ComicVine: What is it like working on a licensed property like Green Hornet for Dynamite?
    Jai Nitz: Working at Dynamite is great.  They have a vast library of books so you can scratch pretty much any itch you have as a writer.  With Green Hornet in particular I get to scratch my costumed vigilante itch.  I also have the benefit of being tied to the movie and Seth Rogen.
     == TEASER ==
    CV: Were you a Green Hornet fan prior to working on the title? What interests you most about the character?
    JN: I was a Kato fan.  I remember Green Hornet from the crossover the TV show did with Adam West's Batman.  I never really saw any other Green Hornet television episodes or radio programs until just recently.  The comics were always around (I worked at a comic shop since I was fourteen), but I never got into them.  That said, I was always a fan of Bruce Lee, so I was into Kato.  Now, the older and wiser I am, I see the costumed vigilante, pretending to be a criminal and running a newspaper, as an outstanding scaffold.  I can build a lot around that, and I feel like Parallel Lives comes from that place in my fan-mind.

CV: Dynamite is releasing several Green Hornet books, what makes PARALLEL LIVES different?
    JN: It's based on the movie.  The movie picks up where Parallel Lives ends, so you have a built-in story structure.  Also, I got to play with the origins of the characters and keep them as true to the screenplay as possible.  It's fun to try and write in Seth Rogen's voice as a writer and an actor.  I am having a blast with it.

Have you been reading Green Hornet: Parallel Lives? Will you be picking up the third issue in the series? Are you looking forward to the release of the film this January?
    roxamilli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By roxamilli

Looks exciting, Can't wait for the movie.
    Arkham Lunatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Arkham Lunatic

Seth Rogen must of heard the name Green Hornet and figured he was doing a movie about cannabis. 

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By greenenvy

Maybe if I check this out then I will find out the actual tone or seriousness from this comic as a clue to see if the  movie will be worth it or not. 

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LT1085
    @Arkham Lunatic:  
    Arkham Lunatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arkham Lunatic
    @LT1085:   ; ) 

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6  Edited By No_Name_

Come on you guys, stay on topic.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

I still can't see Rogen as the Hornet. Will stick with comics like these and the original series

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By TheMess1428

How come this series isn't even on the site? And the movie shouldn't be in 3D. But can't wait to watch it.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By longbowhunter

I'm loving Year One and Kevin Smith's Green Hornet. Think I'll sit the movie tie in out.
    Arkham Lunatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arkham Lunatic
    @TheMess1428 said:
    "How come this series isn't even on the site? And the movie shouldn't be in 3D. But can't wait to watch it. "

Green Hornet Parallel Lives
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11  Edited By jakob187

Has Green Hornet #4 come out yet?  I keep checking at the shop, but I haven't seen any copies yet.

Nocturne21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Nocturne21
    @longbowhunter said:

" I'm loving Year One and Kevin Smith's Green Hornet. Think I'll sit the movie tie in out. "

Me too. I liked the first issue of Kato Origins as well. I'm not too sure about Green Hornet Strikes or Kato yet.

@jakob187 said:

" Has Green Hornet #4 come out yet?  I keep checking at the shop, but I haven't seen any copies yet. "

Yeah, it's out.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

has anyone else noticed Dynamite seems to be absorbing characters at an alarming rate?

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dondasch

@Babs I had almost forgotten that Rogen was directing Green Hornet.  Thanks for the painful reminder :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.