Exclusive Look At Green Hornet 2 Cover

Posted by inferiorego (21111 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite hooked us up with a look at one of the four covers available for the second issue of Green Hornet. This cover, done by Stephen Segovia . , of the Green Hornet's sidekick, Kato. (Yes, Kato is a woman in this series, not a man, and I never was attracted to Kato in the past, but there's just something about a tough woman kneeling on a pile of skulls that makes me smile.  The book has four different main covers and also some variants for the avid collectors out there.

Covers by ALEX ROSS (25%), JOHN CASSADAY (25%), MARC SILVESTRI (25%) & STEPHEN SEGOVIA (25%)
1-in-25 retailer incentive black, white & green cover by JOHN CASSADAY
1-in-50 retailer incentive black, white & green cover by ALEX ROSS
1-in-100 retailer incentive black, white & green cover by MARC SILVESTRI
Kevin Smith’s Green Hornet #2 green foil cover by JOHN CASSADAY

Essentially 8 covers for the book. This series comes to you from comic writing guru Kevin Smith:

The Green Hornet is back, and Dynamite is the new home for the avenging hero and his faithful sidekick, Kato (and, their ride, Black Beauty, ‘natch)! Issue #2 continues the incredible opening blast from Dynamite and Kevin Smith: the original Green Hornet struggles with forces put in motion against him while his son unwittingly becomes a pawn in a world not of his making! Never before seen, this comic adaptation of the unproduced Kevin Smith screenplay is THE comic book event of 2010 (and beyond!)

Say what you want, but Kevin Smith writes a darn good comic book. This book will run you $3.99 for 32 pages of pure fun. For a more in depth look at this series, check out  G-Man's review of issue one. 

Issue two and all it's covers, including this one, should hit stores the beginning of next month.
Staff
#1 Edited by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

It's nice that they could make a comic out of it, or pull it out of somewhere.

Will it last for more than a week while the movie's out.

#2 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this has the steam to last.
#3 Posted by CM Cooza (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure that's Segovia, not Silvestri.

#4 Posted by inferiorego (21111 posts) - - Show Bio
@CM Cooza said:
" Pretty sure that's Segovia, not Silvestri. "
oops, my bad. I knew that didn't seem right when I originally wrote it
Staff
#5 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok.... I don't read Green Hornet... so can somebody fill me in on why Kato has Wolverine-like claws?
#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: they just seem to be knives , not claws or anything
#7 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like this cover... luckily it's coming out with about 45 different covers!

#8 Posted by greenenvy (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Sexy but I want green hornet or her and him on the cover so I want to see the other ones. I am here for green hornet not kato alone.
#9 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOD. Kato is freaking hot. SOB, SOB.

#10 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

(Yes, Kato is a woman in this series, not a man, and I never was attracted to Kato in the past, but there's just something about a tough woman kneeling on a pile of skulls that makes me smile.     

Hell even I would do her.
#11 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: LOL I am sure it helps that the dress/trench coat is riding up her backside :)

@.Mistress Redhead.: From your comment you probably got a ton of new follows in the last hour :)

Back on topic, this cover does look good. At first I thought maybe it was a cover to one of the Kato books, since GH isn't on it. But you know what if this is what they got on the shelf for issue 2 I'll pick it up I am really looking forward to see how this story moves forward. I was ecstatic to see GH back in comic form and I'll continue to purchase.
#12 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: hard to tell, but your probably right ;)
#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead.: Yes.. I love being right :)

Oh forgot to add this earlier:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.