Cameron Diaz Wants To Be A Superhero...Sort of?

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Cameron Diaz

The Green Hornet
It seems like the film adaptations and remakes of superhero movies just keep coming. According to Entertainment Weekly, it seems like the former Charlie's Angel, Cameron Diaz, is in talks to play the female lead in the new " Green Hornet" film! The film is a remake of the original Green Hornet movie that was first released back in 1940. Some of you might also recall the television series from the 1960's, where Bruce Lee played Kato, Green Hornet's sidekick. Seth Rogen ( Knocked Up) will be playing the lead role.

I'm hesitant to say I am excited about this film. It seems to me as though the movie has a pretty goofy cast, and I am curious to see if the film will carry a serious tone, or whether it will be a sort of a spoof of the original television series and film. What do you guys think? Are you interested in seeing where this film goes? Are you looking forward to it? What about Kato? I kind of hope they don't butcher this film...

The movie is set for a July 9, 2010 release.
#1 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

If Cameron Diaz is in this i'm not going to see it.

#2 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still not crazy about Seth Rogen playing Green Hornet

#3 Edited by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"

I'm still not crazy about Seth Rogen playing Green Hornet

"
Seth Rogen is the Green Hornet?
Is it supposed to be serious?
#4 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

yes i would love that

#5 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

Cameron Diaz was the Hottest Woman in the world when The Mask came out

#6 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Seth Rogen is going to be the Green Hornet?
wow, he IS in everything these days.

#7 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it :D

#8 Posted by logan48227 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like it will be very campy and tongue-in-cheek judging from the cast. Unless a seriously kickass martial artist like Tony Jaa or Cung Le is cast as Kato, I will have no interest in this movie at all. 

#9 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling its going to be all about the spoof and less about the serious tone...

#10 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahaha!!! I'm sorry but I just can't imagine Seth Rogen playing the Green Hornet. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Rogen's. The guy's hilarious. But I just don't see it. And I'm not even a Green Hornet fan. XD

But Cameron Diaz isn't that bad of a casting choice. I heard somewhere that Kevin Smith is directing it. I'm a huge fan of Smith's.

#11 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant X said:
" Hahahaha!!! I'm sorry but I just can't imagine Seth Rogen playing the Green Hornet. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Rogen's. The guy's hilarious. But I just don't see it. And I'm not even a Green Hornet fan. XDBut Cameron Diaz isn't that bad of a casting choice. I heard somewhere that Kevin Smith is directing it. I'm a huge fan of Smith's. "
Michel Gondry is set to direct the film
#12 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogeh has lost a lot of weight fo this role

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks to me like they're going to make a mockery of something special.

#14 Posted by Overmax (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephen Chow (the writer, director and lead from Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer and many others) will be Kato.
I'm curious if nothing else to see how he handles an english role

#15 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" It looks to me like they're going to make a mockery of something special. "
That's what I thought, too.
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overmax said:
" Stephen Chow (the writer, director and lead from Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer and many others) will be Kato.I'm curious if nothing else to see how he handles an english role "
Chow hasn't done anything serious.Last time I checked Green Hornet wasn't a comedy...
#17 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

EDIT: Nope, nevermind. Upon closer inspection, I change my mind.

#18 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

10 years too late. she was so hot when she first debuted. She was smoking in the mask. Age and plastic surgery has done a number on her over the years.

#19 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
"Michel Gondry is set to direct the film "
That's the only info I need to know this will be amazing. Now I'll be counting the days till it opens.
#20 Posted by King Saturn (223808 posts) - - Show Bio
Cameron Diaz ? Aw Man....
#21 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know any thing about the  Green Hornet. So I might go see this movie.

#22 Posted by Reaper 13 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap.  Not seeing it.

#23 Posted by Overmax (23 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slinger:  But hey, comedic actors tend to lend themselves really well to drama. Tom Hanks, Jamie Foxx......
#24 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overmax said:
" @Slinger:  But hey, comedic actors tend to lend themselves really well to drama. Tom Hanks, Jamie Foxx...... "
I somehow feel that the transition from "Knocked Up" will not be so smooth/easy
#25 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

This could have been a really cool, unique movie, but I'm starting to lower my expectations.

#26 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18819 posts) - - Show Bio

She dances in every movie she is in.

#27 Posted by Sick_j0k3 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if anyone's seen Seth on tv lately he's lost alot of weight. He's trying to get out of his whole funny fat guy role. So who knows. Personally though I think this is a role set for Christian Bale... but that would be a little too much considering he already plays Batman.  

#28 Posted by Selty (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god. I hate her. She cannot act.

#29 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know whether Diaz should be in the Green Hornett. I expected her to be in something more well-known to the public. It'd be interesting if in the next Batman movie, Vicky Vale (otherwise known as Batman's Lois Lane) was to be Bruce Wayne's love interest. But I'm not sure whether they're using Talia Ál Ghúl or not.

#30 Posted by CrimsonComedian (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's gonna work. Seth Rogen is more for the comedies.

#31 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it isnt a spoof. I remember Jim Carey wanting to do the 6 million dollar man as a "insp Gadget" type. Thank god that never was made.

#32 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds like the Spirit

#33 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Cameron Diaz used to be my fav.......now she is getting old.....sad.

#34 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

Seth Rogan?

#35 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

This film will be utter garbage, this is like Superman Lives ALL over again. Green Hornet and Kato are characters that are very sacred to me, especially since Van Williams was my very first celebrity to meet as a kid. So to see Green Hornet be played by Seth Rogen just makes me GAG and know this film will be trash. Hopefully, it will fade away like Superman Lives, and a new team of filmmakers will take over this project and will handle it with care. Personally, I always saw George Clooney as Britt Reid and Collin Chou or Jet Li as Kato.

This is what the Green Hornet film should look like

#36 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
"

This film will be utter garbage, this is like Superman Lives ALL over again. Green Hornet and Kato are characters that are very sacred to me, especially since Van Williams was my very first celebrity to meet as a kid. So to see Green Hornet be played by Seth Rogen just makes me GAG and know this film will be trash. Hopefully, it will fade away like Superman Lives, and a new team of filmmakers will take over this project and will handle it with care. Personally, I always saw George Clooney as Britt Reid and Collin Chou or Jet Li as Kato.

This is what the Green Hornet film should look like

"
Is that a fan movie? It's incredible...
#37 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap. That movie was badass! Very well put together, and some nice special effects too. How is it that the fight scenes were better than some Hollywood movies fight scenes (coughthespiritcough)?

#38 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs:
Yea it's just a fan film done by guys in Canada I believe. One of the best fan films I've seen, now I don't see Seth Rogen able to do any of that.
#39 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait.

#40 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Green Hornet suppose to be funny to begin with.......?

#41 Posted by Hathaway (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on, why is there even any question of whether it'll be serious or not? If it has Seth Rogen playing the Green Hornet, of course it's going to be some kind of spoof comedy. Not that I have anything against Rogen, but I don't have high hopes for this film.

#42 Posted by Tony Rogers (86 posts) - - Show Bio

sexy picture of Ms Diaz yeowch!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.