Cameron Diaz Confirms "Green Hornet"

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm in" Cameron Diaz recently told MTV when asked about her involvement in the Seth Rogen and Michel Gondry " Green Hornet" film, currently in development. Diaz has officially squashed the rumors and confirmed that she will be playing the role of Lenore "Casey" Case who is traditionally Britt Reid's (played by Rogen,) secretary and one of the few characters that are aware of the crime-fighting Reid partakes during his after hours. However, it seems that the interpretation of Casy's character will be considerably different from "Casey's" traditional character role. In Gondry's interpretation, "Casey" will be a divorcee and amateur detective who is unaware of Green Hornet's identity.

The interpretation of her character hints that the film will be very different from its historical incarnation, and that her character as well as the entire film will be modernized.

“I think she’ll have her own little [differences],” explained the “Charlie’s Angels” series star. “I’m going with Michel, because this is Michel’s movie and Seth’s movie. So, I’m playing the character that they wrote for us.”

I suppose this answers a lot of questions about what we can expect for the upcoming "Green Hornet" film; however, I continue to remain skeptical about Seth Rogen's ability to play an action role. What do you think? Are you looking forward to seeing Cameron Diaz play opposite Rogen's character on the big screen?
#1 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

I am just extremely curious.  To me it seems like a so-crazy-it-might-just-work kind of formula.

#2 Posted by DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson (979 posts) - - Show Bio

Seth Rooogen, Good God

#3 Posted by dondasch (925 posts) - - Show Bio

This changes nothing for me, skipping this movie entirely.

#4 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

anything with Cameron Diaz is a pass from me

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to NOT go see this.

#6 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell is I care about Green Hornet but that is one fine picture of Ms. Diaz

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@LastSon1027 said:
" Hell is I care about Green Hornet but that is one fine picture of Ms. Diaz "
Too bad she doesn't look like that anymore.Cameron fell of years ago.
#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I'm crazy about this choice... but I'm sure she'll do a good job with plenty of laughs too.

#9 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

she wasnt bad in the mask tho she looks way difrent than she does now .is that her in the moze comercials?this is seting up to be one of those i might get on dvd maybe ...
#10 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay I've never heard of him but yay a movie.

#11 Edited by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @LastSon1027 said:

Too bad she doesn't look like that anymore.Cameron fell of years ago. "
Yeah that pic looks about 10 years old and prolly airbrushed... Baaaaabs!
Staff
#12 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"I can't wait to NOT go see this. "

Ditto.   
 Just to add I'm actually saving some money this year by not seeing any of the craptastic movies that have been puked out.  
  Just as well, more money will go to RD JR., Favreau, and Company when Iron Man 2 hits the theatres.
#13 Posted by Ravn (180 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I can't wait to NOT go see this. "

I totally agree! at first I was like "uh! Could interesting... Might be fun to see Nick Cage ACTUALLY play the bad guy for once!" But it's like every week some new story comes out for this movie that just makes me not want to see it! 

Cameron Diaz shouldn't play a love interest in any movie! At best, she should play the bitter, married, older sister of the love interest! LOL
#14 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @LastSon1027 said:

Too bad she doesn't look like that anymore.Cameron fell of years ago. "
Yeah that pic looks about 10 years old and prolly airbrushed... Baaaaabs! "
It was totally and completely airbrushed, but still HOT
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ravn said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I can't wait to NOT go see this. "
 I totally agree! at first I was like "uh! Could interesting... Might be fun to see Nick Cage ACTUALLY play the bad guy for once!" But it's like every week some new story comes out for this movie that just makes me not want to see it!  Cameron Diaz shouldn't play a love interest in any movie! At best, she should play the bitter, married, older sister of the love interest! LOL "
Isn't Jack Black supposed to be in this,and now Cameron? As I said before,way to make a mockery of something epic.
#16 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this movie will be good
if not then rage. and tears

#17 Posted by NightFang (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
@MoonKnightFan123 said:
"I hope this movie will be good if not then rage. and tears "
            Tears first rage later.
#18 Posted by Agent J-10 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang thats a Sexy picture of her. She looks like Wonder Woman! You know with the dark hair and braclet and all.. lol

#19 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

june 22 2009 at her walk of fame star 

#20 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

I had never seen this picture before. Wow, I think this is one of the more lovely images of Diaz I've ever seen. Airbrushed or no. She looks nicer as a brunette. Blond is 'cute', but this is sultry.
That bracelet reminds me a little of Wonder Woman's gauntlet. Just without the flower
#21 Posted by rey (25 posts) - - Show Bio

cameran diaz was so much hotter when she was latina ;(

#22 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
this movie kind of has me interested
#23 Posted by Selty (150 posts) - - Show Bio

euck. no. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.