Greatest American Hero

#1 Posted by G-Man (39038 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#2 Posted by Shatterstar (5120 posts) - - Show Bio

Was it on USA?

#3 Posted by G-Man (39038 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume you're talking USA the channel? I don't remember it ever being on syndication. I'd love to see it again. I was always curious what happened at the end. I vaguely remember the episode where the aliens came back and he and Maxwell went up on the ship. I think he learned how to use the suit but then something happened to mess him up again. It's funny 'cause I totally remember the first episode when he lost the instruction booklet.

Staff
#4 Posted by G-Man (39038 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#5 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF is that? I thought he was the Greatest American Hero, he cant even fly.

#6 Posted by G-Man (39038 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't fly 'cause when he got the suit from the aliens out in the desert, he accidentally dropped the "instruction manual." He had to try using the suit without knowing how all the powers worked. If you get the box set, you get both seasons plus the cape and instruction manual.

As far as the Seinfeld clip in that video I put up, I did that with our answering machine. G-Lady accidentally erased it after a while. She was embarrassed when the phone rang.

Staff
#7 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

The cape looks cool anyways.

#8 Posted by Shatterstar (5120 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah a Stephen Cannell classic. I was thinking of something else. They don't make tv like that anymore. Hilarious voicemail thing too.

#9 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6439 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved that show when I was younger, and it was starting reruns, but I can't say that the look is the same. It's like the Bill Bixby/ Lou Feragino Hulk series. For me it is more nostalgic, But I would still buy it.

#10 Posted by G-Man (39038 posts) - - Show Bio

I got the first season of Doctor Who instead. Both of them were $100 but I had a coupon for 40% off. I'm sure I'll get GAH eventually.

Staff
#11 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember that series. Man I was a kid when that came out. At the time, I thought it was the greatest show ever.

#12 Posted by G-Man (39038 posts) - - Show Bio

That's my dilemma. Was it really the greatest show or would it be weak by today's standards?

Staff
#13 Posted by Superkitty (1219 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"WTF is that? I thought he was the Greatest American Hero, he cant even fly."

That's America for you :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.